Sim Unlock - International and Domestic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

urbanman2004

• Sep 16, 2013
    Rock Town
    @urbanman2004

Your phone did not come out of the box capable of the proper bands to use it on the Metro PCS / T Mobile network. In fact, those 2 carriers are the same company.
    Here are the specs for your phone, as it came out of the box.
    Look where it says G900P for LTE BANDS
    http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5_cdma-6338.php

T Mobile Galaxy S5's have completely different LTE bands.
    Look where it says G900T for LTE BANDS
    http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5-6033.php

There are ways to add/change LTE bands, because all of these Radios are capable of the same RX/TX.
    Samsung makes all of these phones with all the same parts.

The only exception being the different processors in different regions of the world at one point. They still all had the same hardware capabilities for their radios. Which means that they all had the same chips, Just different firmware (firmware is software that is stored on and runs off the phone's internal memory) .

They are specifically designed to make it as difficult as possible to move from one carrier to the other in many instances. CDMA carriers like Sprint and Verizon especially make it difficult to use anywhere else. Add we see here, this Sprint phone is not enabled with the proper bands in order to work on T Mobile or AT&T properly with data connections.

And now that you've unlocked a Sprint phone in this manner, It may never be capable of GSM 4G without a complete overhaul.

I Even did a Sprint device that was completely capable of all the right babe to move to AT&T, a Sprint Note 5. It had all the right bands in all the right places. But after unlocking in this way from Sprint, it can't get 4G at all. Add far as data speed, It's capabilities are stripped down to a 90's flip phone, at 1Mbps according to Ookla.

I actually have a phone repair business, it's what I do for a living. I thought stifilz and I could go into business together. And we still might for T Mobile, but Sprint phones unlocked by this method are not working on 4G, when if they had been unlocked by code, or a different method, they would have worked perfect on 4G.

There is something about this process with SPRINT PHONES that is clipping the 4G capabilities.

Keep in mind, this process is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than when he does it for T Mobile, and T Mobile phones have had no problems as far as I know.

After 3 months of putting the Sprint SGS5 project to the wayside, I decided to purchase an unlocked AT&T motherboard from a broken SGS5 on ebay for $40 and remove the screen from the Sprint SGS5 to make activating it a whole lot easier and now I successfully got my phone working w/ metroPCS.

Last edited:

ssn713

Dec 8, 2011
    Honolulu, HI
    I bought a pair of unlocked T-mobile S6 edges off craigslist and have been using them on the AT&T network for nearly a year without issue (both have been rooted). Yesterday my wife's phone displayed a SIM error stating "network locked sim inserted" and prompted to run the device unlock app but I can't run the app without a T-mobile sim. I contacted Tmob customer service and they confirmed the device is already permanently unlocked on the server side and there was nothing else they could do. Also tried going to the Tmob store and getting a rep to put an active Tmob sim in the phone to try the device unlock approach but the app failed stating the device wasn't eligible to be unlocked (phone worked fine with the Tmob sim inserted).

I've filled out the form from the OP. Hoping you can help.

Sent from my SM-G925T using XDA Free mobile app

majinawaz

Nov 7, 2015
    Lahore
    s6 t mobile

hello brother iam using galaxy s6 from last 2 month when i was trying to run a custom rom in marshmallow i update modem&bootloader to maeshmallow and flash rom when device turn on it says Network is locked now iam runing stock 5.1.1 rooted firmware but it still locked :( sorry for my english

royorbs3

Feb 9, 2013
    So , update after forever. I got unlocked with this method on 5.1.1 but have since upgraded to mm. I FINALLY tried another sim card since the upgrade and have also wiped and used different rom's several times. I did get bars but no 4g icon and no service. Wondering if maybe putting in sprints info - like instead of fast.tmo. whatever would work. I am not using sprint so don't need it to work but just wanted to report that.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

I'd SIM unlocked my phone thanks to stifilz, and it worked for months. However, I just upgraded its modem to the OK1 version and now it asks me for a SIM unlock code! Oh, and when I tap the Unlock button nothing happens... :S

I tried to downgrade the modem to OJF but Odin gives an error saying the boot loader won't let it. I'd just upgraded the boot loader to OK1 as well...

Any ideas?

Thanks

---------- Post added 16th December 2015 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 15th December 2015 at 11:42 PM ----------

PHEW!!! It was heart-attack inducing, but I was finally able to get my unlock back :)

Thankfully, I had an EFS and Modem backup through TWRP recovery. I restored it and everything's good again! :)
    Pretty sure I backed up efs. Upgraded to mm and seems I am relocked. What do I do flash the efs file in twrp?

stifilz

Jan 9, 2012
    NZ
    So , update after forever. I got unlocked with this method on 5.1.1 but have since upgraded to mm. I FINALLY tried another sim card since the upgrade and have also wiped and used different rom's several times. I did get bars but no 4g icon and no service. Wondering if maybe putting in sprints info - like instead of fast.tmo. whatever would work. I am not using sprint so don't need it to work but just wanted to report that.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Pretty sure I backed up efs. Upgraded to mm and seems I am relocked. What do I do flash the efs file in twrp?
    Restore back up (efs only) in TWRP

Reactions: manny0ne

a340

Sep 15, 2006
    Birmingham
    Works 100%

Just wanted to post here to say thanks to stifilz for unlocking my Galaxy S5.

Bought the Sprint version to use in the UK and stifilz unlocked for me. Clear instructions provided and very fast unlock all done remotely.

Thank again!

Reactions: stifilz

jazzdglass

Jul 19, 2011
    Lagos
    Just wanted to post here to say thanks to stifilz for unlocking my Galaxy S5.

Bought the Sprint version to use in the UK and stifilz unlocked for me. Clear instructions provided and very fast unlock all done remotely.

Thank again!

hi? how did you flash the ROM with odin? i only know how to flash with TWRP , please help. and i have only once flashed a krnel with odin by going into download mode on phone and on odin, uncheck auto reboot, then add md5 file to AP then click start. is it same way for this rom?

Last edited:

a340

Sep 15, 2006
    Birmingham
    Hi, yes, it is the same process to flash a ROM via Odin. Click on AP and select the ROM.

If you're not experienced with Odin please make sure you do lots of reading! Ensure you have the correct file for your model (very important).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      UPDATE: TESTED ON MULTIPLE DEVICES NOW :)
      T-Mobile:
      SM-G920T, SM-G925T, SM-G928T, SM-N920T, SM-G900T, SM-N910T

Also can do most compatible models listed below:
      Sprint
      SM-G920P, SM-G925P, SM-G928P, SM-N920P, SM-G900P
      ATT
      SM-G920A, SM-G925A, SM-G928A, SM-N920A, SM-G900A

International
      SM-G920I, SM-G925I, SM-G928I, SM-N920I
      SM-G920F, SM-G925F, SM-G928F, SM-N920F

Any other models please ask below

Remote unlocking available :)
      Both DSU (domestic) and ISU (international unlock)

You will need to have root at this stage :D
      Please do this before hand.
      Please check drivers are working too.

How to root....?
      Install Stock 'EPD1' via ODIN
      https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762636001239
      Install chainfire's AutoROOT via ODIN
      https://download.chainfire.eu/732/C...F-Auto-Root-zeroltetmo-zeroltetmo-smg925t.zip

Please ensure you have a stable internet connection with at least 5mbps. ( If less please let me know, it is sometime still possible)
      Please PM ME :)

Sorry due to the use of SPAM I have changed the contact method.
      DO NOT PM VIA XDA OR EMAIL. I WILL NOT RESPOND

Please fill in this form
      [MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED] and I will get back to you.
      Please note my time zone is NZST aka GMT+13 See http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/new-zealand/auckland.
      I am available mainly 6PM-9PM.
      I may be available outside these times. Don't get disappointed if I am not :)

You will NEED:
      Root (please do this yourself :))
      A Windows PC (WIN10 working now)
      Software program for me to remote connect. I will let you know via IM.
      Process take as little as 5 minutes if everything is set up correctly. :)

Success for:
      @joemossjr
      @eduardmc
      @axkra
      @Fashiontek
      @mil_house
      @fadi81
      @shishirskb
      @mohammad1
      @etheryli
      @Orion575
      @723i
      and many more.......
      UPDATE: TESTED ON MULTIPLE DEVICES NOW :)
      S6, S6 EDGE, Note 4 both Sprint and T-Mobile are compatible, perhaps other GSM variants also. Message me :)

Remote unlocking available :)
      Both DSU (domestic) and ISU (international unlock)

Need to have root at this stage :D

Please PM ME :)

Please Note my time zone is GMT+12. I am available most times between 8am and 11.59pm in MY TIMEZONE :D
      PM me, email me [email protected] or skype me = stifilz.
      Process can take as little as 5 minutes if everything is set up correctly. :)

Success for:
      @joemossjr
      @eduardmc
      @axkra

This better be only free services as there is no advertising for pay services allowed.
      Thank you for your cooperation
      Friendly Neighborhood Senior-Mod
      This better be only free services as there is no advertising for pay services allowed.
      Thank you for your cooperation
      Friendly Neighborhood Senior-Mod

No problem at all. :)
      OK guys enough. Take this to pm if you have issues.

Now as a warning to every one. Allowing someone remote access to your device is dangerous. While I am not saying the OP is doing anything wrong but everyone should act with a degree of caution. IMEI numbers are stolen every day and used on illegal devices and then are black listed. So please everyone be careful.
      hello
      i test in my 2 devices
      facfory reset and tmobile reflash .mantein unlock status.perfect
      thanks
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone