SIM unlock LG G2

varunkumars

Sep 4, 2010
Dallas
I tried this myself. Used this site for unlocking my HTC One got the code within 30 minutes.

I unlocked my AT&T G2. Received the code in 15 minutes.

$1.70 (DOLLAR AND SEVENTY CENTS) only
http://www.unlockcode247.com/imei/5/15/LG--Instant

http://www.unlockcode247.com/imei/1/40/LG-USA-TMobile--ATampT-Unlock--all-models-

Update: Thanks to "paffinity" for the confirmation. It works and is genuine. This is the email address "[email protected]" of the guy who sent's these unlock codes, he replied to my email yesterday confirming that he can unlock LG G2 AT&T and T-mobile phones. Not sure about Verizon you have to ask him only.

Thanks to"amorek13" confirmed working for t-mobile as well.

Last edited:

paffinity

Nov 10, 2011
I haven't tried this myself. But used this site for unlocking my HTC One got the code within 30 minutes. Try and see. Please report. Thanks.
$1.5 only
http://www.unlockcode247.com/imei/5/15/LG--Instant

http://www.unlockcode247.com/imei/1/40/LG-USA-TMobile--ATampT-Unlock--all-models-
Tried it on mine (AT&T) and it worked.
I've never done this before and there were no instructions, just the unlock codes, but I found instructions elsewhere.

Dial: 2945#*model number# (800 in case of AT&T G2)
Tap "Network Lock" button.
Enter SIM unlock code. Should tell you successfully unlocked (or something similar).
Wait for it to reboot. Mine got stuck at a blue screen for some reason (thought I bricked it somehow), but rebooting fixed it.

anuraj1

Aug 10, 2010
Ann Arbor
I was pretty sure that all Verizon LTE phones are SIM unlocked out of the box. At least my Droid DNA was, and so was my previous Droid Razr.
I put a T-mo SIM in my Verizon G2 and it worked... just not very well. Not sure if that was a reflection of T-Mo service in my area though.

The "?" SIM symbol stayed on and it often said Roaming (R) over the service bars. But I was able to use both voice and data up to HSPA+.

usefulidiot127

Feb 6, 2009
Chicago
I'm in Poland with my VZW G2. Don't worry, no sim unlocking is needed. Just popped out the Verizon sim and popped a local one in and everything works great after putting in the correct APN settings. So much cheaper than paying Verizon for global data...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Jul 28, 2007
I put a T-mo SIM in my Verizon G2 and it worked... just not very well. Not sure if that was a reflection of T-Mo service in my area though.

The "?" SIM symbol stayed on and it often said Roaming (R) over the service bars. But I was able to use both voice and data up to HSPA+.
That is normal, you have to go in and manually set the APN to your carrier in the settings.

anuraj1

Aug 10, 2010
Ann Arbor
I did set the APN manually but I couldn't get that ? SIM icon to go away.

Is T-Mobile post paid better than prepaid in terms of signal quality? I live in Phoenix but I was getting really bad cell signal on my prepaid SIM.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

craigbailey1986

Apr 13, 2010
Conley
Well with a non T-Mobile or att. I believe you only get edge service which is slow and where they have updated their 1900 band h+ which was pretty decent but no where near verizon quality.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

anuraj1

Aug 10, 2010
Ann Arbor
Well with a non T-Mobile or att. I believe you only get edge service which is slow and where they have updated their 1900 band h+ which was pretty decent but no where near verizon quality.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I got HSPA+ but speed test reported a max of 4mbps

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

philfna

Apr 15, 2011
Tried both services got identical code just as an FYI for others. 1.50 guy came in about 8 minutes, and 8 dollar code came in about 20 minutes...but identical codes and unlocked fine.

I am on AT&T and used the instructions from above no issue.

Cheers

Reactions: varunkumars