• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Sim unlock tmobile pixel 6

Search This thread

opz187

Sep 30, 2012
1) factory reset your phone

2) bypass activation without wifi or sim

3) enable adb and type

adb shell

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig

Your device now is fully unlocked. Just dont hard reset. Dont know if updates will affect this temporary unlock. Enjoy!
If this works, will you be able to unlock bootloader? Or will it reset when you go to unlock because it wipes phone?

opz187

Sep 30, 2012

3) enable adb and type

adb shell

Your device now is fully unlocked. Just dont hard reset. Dont know if updates will affect this temporary unlock. Enjoy!
Evidently even if this works, it doesn't allow the bootloader to be unlocked. It remains greyed out. Just the SIM is unlocked. Unless of course you run the flashing unlock command and it unlocks even though it's still greyed out.. But I doubt that would happen

lipon625

Mar 23, 2016
Evidently even if this works, it doesn't allow the bootloader to be unlocked. It remains greyed out. Just the SIM is unlocked. Unless of course you run the flashing unlock command and it unlocks even though it's still greyed out.. But I doubt that would happen
It works. I try It on my phone. The oem unlock Stills grey its only for network

webodd

Dec 2, 2021
It worked for me initially, but now the SIM is not working, it shows disabled on SIMs and it doesn't work when I try to enable.
If I try with original carrier SIM it works ok.

Weirdly is NOT showing the message "Your SIM is not supported" like it was doing before doing this unlock trick.

One more data point. I believe this issue of not recognizing my other carrier SIM might have started once I tried to create another user within my pixel 6. That new setup was showing as carrier locked, and then when switched back to my main user (owner) it was not recognizing the SIM.
I'll update if I find any workaround other than factory reset and start all over again.

Thoughts?

k9r4n16

Mar 29, 2019
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
It worked for me initially, but now the SIM is not working, it shows disabled on SIMs and it doesn't work when I try to enable.
If I try with original carrier SIM it works ok.

Weirdly is NOT showing the message "Your SIM is not supported" like it was doing before doing this unlock trick.

One more data point. I believe this issue of not recognizing my other carrier SIM might have started once I tried to create another user within my pixel 6. That new setup was showing as carrier locked, and then when switched back to my main user (owner) it was not recognizing the SIM.
I'll update if I find any workaround other than factory reset and start all over again.

Thoughts?
My phone has been doing that since day one. I had to do a SIM unlock on my previous phone, the OnePlus 8, so unless that's what caused it, nothing else has happened to it. Should I try setting up an eSIM instead?

hjmiquel

May 22, 2015
Google Pixel 6
So, this thread game me the idea to try and remove the carrier lock. After four different customer service reps at T-Mobile the request was put in. Twenty four hours later, I have it unlocked.
Screenshot_20211202-200433.png

I received my 6 Pro last week and i have attempted Unlocking it via Customer Care, T-Mobile Help, as well as Facebook and they all said i need to have device for 40 days, but nothing about paying it off.

I had to call tech support for the 5G ISP and they transfered me to Tech Support for devices and i told them i was going away for the holidays and , BANG! just like that they whitelisted my IMEI :)

mac796

Aug 20, 2014
Long Beach
I received my 6 Pro last week and i have attempted Unlocking it via Customer Care, T-Mobile Help, as well as Facebook and they all said i need to have device for 40 days, but nothing about paying it off.

I had to call tech support for the 5G ISP and they transfered me to Tech Support for devices and i told them i was going away for the holidays and , BANG! just like that they whitelisted my IMEI :)
I tried and they told me I had to wait 40 days. I paid some service online hope I don't get ripped off. Guess we will see

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
I tried and they told me I had to wait 40 days. I paid some service online hope I don't get ripped off. Guess we will see
There are people on XDA that do it for free and properly. Those paid services will simply send you a code that you can't enter anywhere because they don't actually know the unlock method for your phone.

Sorry. You were scammed.

Last edited:

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
I never need to wait the 40 days or pay a cent. As I said, you can ask the usual people on XDA or ask T-Force on Twitter. The latter will usually unlock your phone quickly and without much fuss if you ask nicely. Just show that you're a loyal T-Mobile customer and they'll help you out.

mac796

Aug 20, 2014
Long Beach
I never need to wait the 40 days or pay a cent. As I said, you can ask the usual people on XDA or ask T-Force on Twitter. The latter will usually unlock your phone quickly and without much fuss if you ask nicely. Just show that you're a loyal T-Mobile customer and they'll help you out.
I will donate to whoever does it. I don't want them to do it for free. The guy on xda isn't taking pms. If my deal doesn't work I'll try the Twitter deal.

bbender716

Sep 11, 2014
Chicago

What's the 5G isp number? I couldn't get past them agreeing to a temp unlock.

Deeglifsay

Jul 31, 2018
So, this thread game me the idea to try and remove the carrier lock. After four different customer service reps at T-Mobile the request was put in. Twenty four hours later, I have it unlocked.
View attachment 5473571
dude can you PLEASE either post a guide or PM me with what I need to say to the reps to unlock me? I've called 3 separate times and have gotten absolutely nowhere. I am BEGGING you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It took two chats with T-Mobile to get mine permanently sim unlocked. I haven't paid it off and they bypassed their 40 day wait period and payoff requirement. I said I needed to be able to flash factory images from Google. Worth the small amount of time and trouble.

3) enable adb and type

adb shell

!! Eyyy, nice that's a great find. People will be very happy.
    It works. I try It on my phone. The oem unlock Stills grey its only for network
    Damn. You should try running the fastboot flashing unlock command, it's a shot in the dark but who knows
    Just updated my T-Mo Pixel 6 Pro side-loading the OTA. All intact, the trick survived and I'm still unlocked. Hopefully everyone can achieve the same results, of course YMMV.
    It took two chats with T-Mobile to get mine permanently sim unlocked. I haven't paid it off and they bypassed their 40 day wait period and payoff requirement. I said I needed to be able to flash factory images from Google. Worth the small amount of time and trouble.