How To Guide Sim unlock tmobile pixel 6

Search This thread

ozan2

Oct 18, 2014
Constanta
Im glad it worked for you, I did it online with the wifi on metered, installed netguard from the playstore, did the config and until then I inserted the sim card without any issues. But doing it offline its also fine.
With this method esim from another carriers works? This is my main curiosity, because i want to switch to PIXEL 6 T MOBILE LOCKED version to use esim with multiple carriers in different locations as traveler

vn24111979

May 13, 2023
Чи можна при розблокуванні Українським методом, просто перезавантажити pixel, без скидання, чи не вискочить знову блокування сім карти. Я це зробив на pixel 6 з оновленням від 05.03.2023, і це працює, але цікавить чи можна зробити перезавантаження смартфону?

vn24111979

May 13, 2023
Чи можна розблокувати українським методом, просто перезавантажити піксель, без скидання, чи знову блокування сімки вискочить? Я зробив це на pixel 6 з оновленням від 05.03.2023, і це працює, але цікаво, чи можна перезавантажити смартфон?

vn24111979

May 13, 2023
Is it possible to unlock by the Ukrainian method, simply reboot the pixel, without resetting, or will the SIM card lock pop up again? I did this on a pixel 6 with the 03/05/2023 update and it works, but wondering if it is possible to reboot the smartphone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230513-154223.png
    Screenshot_20230513-154223.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited by a moderator:

ozan2

Oct 18, 2014
Constanta
With this method esim from another carriers works? Because i want PIXEL 6 T-MOBILE LOCKED version to use esim with multiple carriers in different locations as traveler

1ca1

Jul 5, 2014
Does this method still work?

Just got a 6a today from Metro (so T-Mobile).
Apparently locked to metro, their sim card works there with 5g no problem.
Tried to factory reset, setup offline and block with netguard (both device setup and carrier setup), a few times now.
When I put a different simcard (tried two different ones), it does recognize it, doesn't say it is locked but ``calls and texts'' are temporarly disabled (doesn't get data service either).

briobriones

Sep 9, 2013
Remove SIM card from the device. DO NOT INSERT IT UNTIL YOU FINISHED ALL THE LISTED STEPS.
Factory reset phone.
Go through OFFLINE set-up process.
Go to Settings – Apps – See All Apps.
On the three dots on the top right-hand side, tap show system.
Search – Device setup.
Tap Mobile data & Wi-Fi – deactivate Background Data.
Go back – Then "Battery" – Set to Restricted.
Go to home screen and pull screen down.
Press and hold Internet until it opens.
Select the desired Wi-Fi network and connect.
Tap on gear on the right of your connected WIFI.
Tap Network Usage – select “Treat as metered.”
Go to the playstore Search "NetGuard", install it
Open NetGuard, give it unrestricted battery permissions (so it can run allways) dont worry its super safe.
Tap the three dots on netguard, settings, advanced options and enable "manage system apps"- exit netguard settings.
on netguerd main screen search "Device Setup" and disable the wifi and data communications by taping the little icons next to it
Go back to home screen and insert SIM card.
Enjoy using your unlocked device.

If you factory reset the phone you will have to do this all over again...

I've rebooted, connected to my wifi and to others "unmetered" without any issues
Hola Gerardo!
Gracias por such a detailed explanation.
Short question. With this you can enter wifis without having to manually click on "metered connection" right?Does that also apply to wifis you join through a QR code or other public wifis like the ones from trains and airports where you log in, and then they come up with a web page where you have to provide certain credentials/ accept their terms of use?
Thanks again

Un saludo,

Kind regards

briobriones

Sep 9, 2013
Hola Gerardo!
Gracias por such a detailed explanation.
Short question. With this you can enter wifis without having to manually click on "metered connection" right?Does that also apply to wifis you join through a QR code or other public wifis like the ones from trains and airports where you log in, and then they come up with a web page where you have to provide certain credentials/ accept their terms of use?
Thanks again

Un saludo,

Kind regards
I can answer to myself.
I followed all the steps and my sim card was working fine. I switched twice with other cards (tried a total of 3) and they were also working.
In the tutorial it is important to remark that they have to click the toggle/ buttom on the top left of the Netguard app! if not the app does not work at all...

I was able to join metered wifis and also none metered wifis. I was able to join a wifi network through a QR code without problems. Later you can just edit the connection and treat is as metered.

After doing so, I decided to put back the wifi as non metered and restarted the phone just to check what could happen or in case the Netguard app process was not launch fast enough, and everything was working fine.
Tomorrow I will try to connect to a public wifi of a train and lets see.. It is a wifi without password that once you are connected it tells you to log in!

Lets see... So far so good, lets hope google doesnt break it again...
Thanks again Gerardo!

EDIT 1: suddently I realized that the sim card had no signal, i turned off the wifi to check if it will come back and suddently the message "sim card isnt supported" came back... I noticed that the notification of the Netguard had changed from "283 allowed, 1 blocked" to "0 allowed 284 blocked" ... I dont understand it since i was already ignoring the phone and not doing changes

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerardo T.

1ca1

Jul 5, 2014
I can answer to myself.
I followed all the steps and my sim card was working fine. I switched twice with other cards (tried a total of 3) and they were also working.
In the tutorial it is important to remark that they have to click the toggle/ buttom on the top left of the Netguard app! if not the app does not work at all...

I was able to join metered wifis and also none metered wifis. I was able to join a wifi network through a QR code without problems. Later you can just edit the connection and treat is as metered.

After doing so, I decided to put back the wifi as non metered and restarted the phone just to check what could happen or in case the Netguard app process was not launch fast enough, and everything was working fine.
Tomorrow I will try to connect to a public wifi of a train and lets see.. It is a wifi without password that once you are connected it tells you to log in!

Lets see... So far so good, lets hope google doesnt break it again...
Thanks again Gerardo!

EDIT 1: suddently I realized that the sim card had no signal, i turned off the wifi to check if it will come back and suddently the message "sim card isnt supported" came back... I noticed that the notification of the Netguard had changed from "283 allowed, 1 blocked" to "0 allowed 284 blocked" ... I dont understand it since i was already ignoring the phone and not doing changes
You should go to vpn in connections and let netguard vpn start when the phone starts...

Anyhow, could you please write detailed instructions?

Reactions: Gerardo T.

briobriones

Sep 9, 2013
You should go to vpn in connections and let netguard vpn start when the phone starts...

Anyhow, could you please write detailed instructions?
You mean phones settings > VPN? I have turn on these two options after your comment to be safe...
IMG_20230608_073037.png

The updated list of steps originally made by Gerardo could be something like:

Remove SIM card from the device. DO NOT INSERT IT UNTIL YOU FINISHED ALL THE LISTED STEPS.

Factory reset phone.
Go through OFFLINE set-up process. (skip Sim card and wifi)
Go to Settings > Apps > See All Apps.
Search – Device setup
Go back – Then "app battery usage" – Set to Restricted.
Select the desired Wi-Fi network and connect (here you can already click on "advance options" > metered > treat as metered. If not, do it fomowwing next step)
Open NetGuard, give it unrestricted battery permissions (so it can run allways) dont worry its super safe.
Tap the three dots on netguard, settings, advanced options and enable "manage system apps"- exit netguard settings.
on netguerd main screen search "Device Setup" and disable the wifi and data communications by taping the little icons next to it.
In the netguard main screen make sure you turn on the buttom/ toggle on the left top corner and agree to all.
To be safer you can go to settings (of the phone) >network and internet>VPN > tap on the fear next to Netguard > and tick always on vpn

EDIT: if you also click the option " block connections without vpn" in the vpn settings you might have problems

Last edited:
Reactions: Deepst8 and @TomX

illegalnature

Jul 20, 2021
I don't understand how to do an offline setup after factory reset. I take the sim card out then reset, when it starts I hit skip on mobile internet but then it says connect to wifi and there is no option to skip it or continue without it so there's absolutely no way to do this since I can't do the setup without being forced to connect to wifi or mobile network. I have pixel 6a straight talk

1ca1

Jul 5, 2014
You mean phones settings > VPN? I have turn on these two options after your comment to be safe...
View attachment 5928047
The updated list of steps originally made by Gerardo could be something like:

Factory reset phone.
Go through OFFLINE set-up process. (skip Sim card and wifi)
Go to Settings > Apps > See All Apps.
Search – Device setup
Go back – Then "app battery usage" – Set to Restricted.
Select the desired Wi-Fi network and connect (here you can already click on "advance options" > metered > treat as metered. If not, do it fomowwing next step)
on netguerd main screen search "Device Setup" and disable the wifi and data communications by taping the little icons next to it.
In the netguard main screen make sure you turn on the buttom/ toggle on the left top corner and agree to all.
To be safer you can go to settings (of the phone) >network and internet>VPN > tap on the fear next to Netguard > and tick always on vpn

EDIT: if you also click the option " block connections without vpn" in the vpn settings you might have problems

I did the exact steps you mentioned, I am getting "No service Selected network (Mint) unavailable" and also "Phone not allowed for voice". Please advise.

briobriones

Sep 9, 2013
I don't understand how to do an offline setup after factory reset. I take the sim card out then reset, when it starts I hit skip on mobile internet but then it says connect to wifi and there is no option to skip it or continue without it so there's absolutely no way to do this since I can't do the setup without being forced to connect to wifi or mobile network. I have pixel 6a straight talk
for me it was possible to skip putting a wifi network...

1ca1

Jul 5, 2014
Update - there's a chance I might been able to unlock it.
I tried to use mint sim in a metro phone, both owned and using the TMo network.
I managed to get service by asking for 2G networks, then taking it to 3G networks (apparently when I try LTE or 5G it blocks me), could text and call. So I suspect maybe the imei is listed on TMo servers or something. So there's some unlock here, but without data, this is not very useful (for me, at least). Anyone has experience unlocking a phone and using a different MVNO of the same carrier?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1) factory reset your phone

2) bypass activation without wifi or sim

3) enable adb and type

adb shell

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig

Your device now is fully unlocked. Just dont hard reset. Dont know if updates will affect this temporary unlock. Enjoy!
    I've had T-mobile and my Pixel 6 for 1 week and I asked T-force on twitter nicely and they unlocked it.

"Hello, I would like to be able to flash Google factory roms on my pixel 6 but it needs to be added to the white list and unlocked, can you help me?"
    I literally cut and pasted your text...👍😁
    So, this thread game me the idea to try and remove the carrier lock. After four different customer service reps at T-Mobile the request was put in. Twenty four hours later, I have it unlocked.
    Screenshot_20211202-200433.png
    Anyone been able to verify? I will as soon as I have something suitable to test in my hands, but can't now.
    It works, tested on Verizon locked Pixel 7 Pro.
    Just updated my T-Mo Pixel 6 Pro side-loading the OTA. All intact, the trick survived and I'm still unlocked. Hopefully everyone can achieve the same results, of course YMMV.