Since CSC change is not possible with latest UI 3.1 update what are options to change CSC

Search This thread
HI all,

With CSC change not possible using codes with latest UI 3.1 update what are options to change CSC?
For ex. I have SM-N986U unlocked Tmobile device but i changed CSC to ATT as im currently using ATT Prepaid and I'm on latest Apr update for ATT
How can i revert back to Tmobile CSC?
Do i need to flash Tmobile firmware using ODIN by first flashing to U1 firmware then Tmobile firmware or can i directly flash Tmobile latest firmware with Apr update using ODIN?
Will i be able to retain my app and data if I flash Tmobile firmware?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Update:
I was able to change CSC(ATT/ATT/TMB) to TMB/TMB/TMB but it was long and winded way. Just flashing firmware was not enough , need Tmobile sim to install carrier service and change CSC.

I followed the steps below:-
1) Did backup of my device using Smart Switch and removed my ATT sim.
2) Flashed latest T-Mobile firmware( N986USQU2DUC8 ) using instructions from post - https://xdaforums.com/t/ota-and-non-ota-firmware-for-n986u-and-n986u1.4143833/ . Also, downloaded the ODIN (patched version) and T-Mobile firmware from links in the post. Flashed HOME_CSC too.
3) After rebooting phone with new firmware , the boot up screen was still ATT and CSC was still ATT/ATT/TMB.
4)Shut down phone and inserted Tmobile SIM i had lying around.
5) On reboot, i was asked to install Tmobile carrier services and on restart , Tmobile logo came on boot up with CSC changed to TMB/TMB/TMB.
6) Now, i have esim enabled and SIM manager showing up too.

Attachments

• 20210508_111453.jpg
    20210508_111453.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 405
  • 20210508_111520.jpg
    20210508_111520.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 393
  • 20210508_111602.jpg
    20210508_111602.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 326
  • 20210508_111539.jpg
    20210508_111539.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 410

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Update:
I was able to change CSC(ATT/ATT/TMB) to TMB/TMB/TMB but it was long and winded way. Just flashing firmware was not enough , need Tmobile sim to install carrier service and change CSC.

2) Flashed latest T-Mobile firmware( N986USQU2DUC8 ) using instructions from post - https://xdaforums.com/t/ota-and-non-ota-firmware-for-n986u-and-n986u1.4143833/ . Also, downloaded the ODIN (patched version) and T-Mobile firmware from links in the post. Flashed HOME_CSC too.
3) After rebooting phone with new firmware , the boot up screen was still ATT and CSC was still ATT/ATT/TMB.
5) On reboot, i was asked to install Tmobile carrier services and on restart , Tmobile logo came on boot up with CSC changed to TMB/TMB/TMB.
thats the normal process.. that firmware is same for each carrier.. firmware is multi csc which changes based on sim inserted.. shouldnt have to go through all of that really.. i think most ppl who have issues are trying to change csc without a active sim card or on carrier locked devices etc.

glad u figured it out tho!

thats the normal process.. that firmware is same for each carrier.. firmware is multi csc which changes based on sim inserted.. shouldnt have to go through all of that really.. i think most ppl who have issues are trying to change csc without a active sim card or on carrier locked devices etc.

glad u figured it out tho!
Well, the confusion for most ppl who are new to Samsung and CSC, like me , is that we could change CSC with code earlier and now cannot. Didn't have these issues with pixel and iPhone.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Well, the confusion for most ppl who are new to Samsung and CSC, like me , is that we could change CSC with code earlier and now cannot. Didn't have these issues with pixel and iPhone.
pixel and iphone dont have multi csc like samsung does.. just curious, when were u able to change csc with code earlier if ur new to samsung? lol

pixel and iphone dont have multi csc like samsung does.. just curious, when were u able to change csc with code earlier if ur new to samsung? lol
Yes, I was able to change CSC to ATT from TMobile, enable all LTE/5G bands before One UI update.Not, sure what u find so funny .
Yes, I'm aware that there is no CSC concept in pixel or iPhone or any other other manufacturer that I'm aware nor they are crippled in terms of hardware capability from carrier software like Samsung. LTE/5G bands not being enabled , esim not being enabled etc.

Reactions: Benzter

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Yes, I was able to change CSC to ATT from TMobile, enable all LTE/5G bands before One UI update.Not, sure what u find so funny .
Yes, I'm aware that there is no CSC concept in pixel or iPhone or any other other manufacturer that I'm aware nor they are crippled in terms of hardware capability from carrier software like Samsung. LTE/5G bands not being enabled , esim not being enabled etc.
actually other devices are crippled in some cased disabled entirely.. for example u cant get a tmb oneplus 9 pro 5g and use it on verizon to get 5g bcuz vzw 5g bands are disabled in tmb variant..

its really the carriers to be honest..

and I say LOL all the time even in normal convo so not actually laughing sometimes, just say it out of habit

yygemmi770

Aug 17, 2021
actually other devices are crippled in some cased disabled entirely.. for example u cant get a tmb oneplus 9 pro 5g and use it on verizon to get 5g bcuz vzw 5g bands are disabled in tmb variant..

its really the carriers to be honest..

and I say LOL all the time even in normal convo so not actually laughing sometimes, just say it out of habit
I have phones such as Z Flip3 5G and other models that do not change CSC like older models when following the flash procedure starting with U1, but the phones never prompt a restart. I have noticed it seems to be with TMB or VZW units. Any suggestion on how to actually get the CSC to change properly or is this something they are doing with new phones to avoid being able to use them fully on other carriers?

irltom54

Oct 5, 2014
I have phones such as Z Flip3 5G and other models that do not change CSC like older models when following the flash procedure starting with U1, but the phones never prompt a restart. I have noticed it seems to be with TMB or VZW units. Any suggestion on how to actually get the CSC to change properly or is this something they are doing with new phones to avoid being able to use them fully on other carriers?
SamKey.org
Go to the page, download theirs Samkey app, buy few credits on Ebay and you can change the CSC as you wish in a minute, the phone will reboot without loosing your data, it's the easiest way as far as I know

adi2999

Apr 19, 2022
Hi, I have yhe following issue and I need your thoughts please.
I have a Telus plan, canadian with US roaming option.
I am traveling in US alot. I have a Note 20 Ultra U1 from Samsung USA. When in US I can only register on Tmobile and I can get 5G icon too. Won't let me on ATT or Verizon.
With same sim card in Note20 Ultra "W" variant, canadian one, it wil register on all 3 major networks in US. No issues with the sim, I guess.

Also in Canada won't get 5G ever.

My provider said nothing to do with them, Samsung told me the same.
I reseted all network setings my APN is ok. VOLTE on. Only getting acces to Tmobile.

Any ideea how I can fix this ? Is it related to CSC ? Mine is XAA.

Update:

So I have a Verizon phone and I switched to t-mobile. If I use this method to switch my csc would that lock my phone or would it stay unlocked?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I have a Verizon phone and I switched to t-mobile. If I use this method to switch my csc would that lock my phone or would it stay unlocked?
    Unlocked. Phone once unlocked will not lock to any carrier.