Question Since twrp is officially out for a12 on some devices will p6 or p7 get it as well?

Search This thread

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
There's been a dev tweaked ver. for my old Pixel 4a (A/B) for 10, 11 & 12 but req. certain kernels w/lmza ramdisk (blu-spark and fsoc tribute). Lost track cuz I traded my 4a in for $300 off P6a n free G Budz. Was apparently working good enuff he took it to git hub Someone needs to send him a aosp stock 13 phone...he got chops!!

Gytole

Aug 7, 2013
How's twrp any more dangerous then flashing a rom with fastboot?
You're joking right? Fam...if you're out and about and bork with twrp. Or accidentally wipe your phone and internal, it happens....then you'll SOL and if like me on vacation a few years back and my girlfriend booted into twrp and wiped my phone trying to get back into android, DON'T ASK ME HOW it SUCKED. 🤣⚰️
BUT...if you bork with fastboot you're already attached to the PC.

Twilightsparklez

Oct 9, 2022
Xc4
You're joking right? Fam...if you're out and about and bork with twrp. Or accidentally wipe your phone and internal, it happens....then you'll SOL and if like me on vacation a few years back and my girlfriend booted into twrp and wiped my phone trying to get back into android, DON'T ASK ME HOW it SUCKED. 🤣⚰️
So? If you wipe internal storage while out you're a moron who shouldn't be rooting anyway. Don't let anyone else use a rooted phone even if they're someone close. I'm sorry for your situation, but next tike maybe a
I guess that's more a reminder to do a full system backup then a reason not to use twrp. Doesn't it have a nand backup thing?

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
Nandroid backups like an android standard goto. Then google switched to their 'seamless' aka dynamic updates using A/B partitions aka 'slots' and that started slamin' the door on any hopes of a decent custom recovery option...esp for something like what acronis does for PCs...to be able to take an exact 'snap shot' image of the system at a given moment an send it to an SD, to ur pc via lan wifi connect or to the cloud by ur wifi or lte/data link! And now with ufs 3.0, even faster! I know he got it mostly running on his P4a (with slot a/b) on 12.1...just with he had axx ro a current stock (aosp) A13 phone...I bet he'd sort it for A13 too!! And I have problems with running Blu-Spark or FSociety Tribute kernels what so ever! Js....and a lil' dreamin too...lol :rolleyes:

Maybe nikamura has something to say?

nikamura

Last edited:

w_tapper

how tf you accidentally wipe someones phone through twrp

Reactions: BROKEN1981

neelchauhan

Dec 25, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
Disclaimer: I am responsible for LineageOS on the Pixel 6 and 7 series.

The way Pixels are designed, they can't boot a recovery image with "fastboot boot". In turn, you can't get TWRP, unlike say a OnePlus or Samsung where TWRP is still viable. IMHO still beats OnePlus 10's locked-behind-credentials MSM tools tho.

While I'd love to have TWRP on Pixels, it's simply not an option anymore. Hence why Lineage Recovery is the only option for LOS on Pixel devices, and other Pixel ROMs are flashed via fastboot versus recovery.

w_tapper

The way Pixels are designed, they can't boot a recovery image with "fastboot boot". In turn, you can't get TWRP, unlike say a OnePlus or Samsung where TWRP is still viable. IMHO still beats OnePlus 10's locked-behind-credentials MSM tools tho.

While I'd love to have TWRP on Pixels, it's simply not an option anymore. Hence why Lineage Recovery is the only option for LOS on Pixel devices, and other Pixel ROMs are flashed via fastboot versus recovery.
wait are you working on the real official one? i thought it was npjohnson

Josh.haveman1

Oct 28, 2021
What prevents it from booting into a recovery image?

Why are these people talking smack on TWRP? I cannot imagine ****ing around with custom roms without a custom recovery. To be fair, I've only messed with my BLOD Nexus 5X. Is android unmodifiable these days? I have a feeling 90% of the "hardware issues" of pixel 6 are actually purposeful software issues that aren't being fixed so that people buy pixel 7.

I intended on degoogling this phone and keeping it for 6+ years. Pixel used to be for us, for us to modify. If I can't easily modify this phone, I'm just going to throw it in the garbage. I'm not okay with the amount of data this phone collects without my permission. Why is Google half assing their attempt at competing with apple? I expected 2nd gen Tensor to be fully bespoke. Tensor will never compete with apple silicon otherwise. Google is literally a decade behind Apple.

Google just keeps adding processes to their overly complex OS, making it slower, more prone to failure, and more battery intensive, but they don't add features (MANUAL ****ING FOCUS FOR **** SAKE). They just add covert processes that no one even knows about. I'm sick of Google at this point. Maybe I'll go back to my Nexus 5X or fix my Pixel 4XL. They should not have released Pixel 6 in 2021. They should have waited a year and released a working phone. Pixel 7 is plagued with many of the issues of Pixel 6, like overheating, connectivity problems, and the general ****tiness of Android 13.
Pixels are just stock Android Galaxy phones at this point. Sick of it.

• Haha
Reactions: w_tapper

Josh.haveman1

Oct 28, 2021
how exactly does that make them bad?
Galaxy phones have extremely mid tier hardware, overheat all the time, are difficult to modify, yet cost as much as, or sometimes more than iPhones. Phones with curved glass are also counterintuitive because it simply causes annoying glare and seriously weakens the screen. My 6 Pro is the first phone I've ever cracked, and it only fell out of my pocket. Gorilla Glass Victus is supposed to be really strong, but the curve of the screen completely nullifies this. I'm not the kind of guy to use cases, and this has never caused me a problem with a phone with a flat display. Apple openly talks about why they don't use curved screens, and very few people were excited about the curve on the 6 Pro. I do not understand why they kept it on the 7 Pro. It shows the blatant lack of skill in their engineering teams.

I expected tensor to be custom. Not to just be an off brand snapdragon. Tensor is as stupid as exynos. They should have built a new architecture from the ground up instead of using mediocre off the shelf parts.

Stock android isn't lightweight anymore, it comes with a ton of bloat.

I'm just tired of Android. They keep adding new problems instead of fixing the ones they already have. It's completely senseless. Android has so much potential but Google has absolutely NO IDEA what to do with it. They cannot hire skilled engineers, because the skilled engineers do not support Google's mission. It's only the mediocre people who do.

w_tapper

Galaxy phones have extremely mid tier hardware, overheat all the time, are difficult to modify, yet cost as much as, or sometimes more than iPhones. Phones with curved glass are also counterintuitive because it simply causes annoying glare and seriously weakens the screen. My 6 Pro is the first phone I've ever cracked, and it only fell out of my pocket. Gorilla Glass Victus is supposed to be really strong, but the curve of the screen completely nullifies this. I'm not the kind of guy to use cases, and this has never caused me a problem with a phone with a flat display. Apple openly talks about why they don't use curved screens, and very few people were excited about the curve on the 6 Pro. I do not understand why they kept it on the 7 Pro. It shows the blatant lack of skill in their engineering teams.

I expected tensor to be custom. Not to just be an off brand snapdragon. Tensor is as stupid as exynos. They should have built a new architecture from the ground up instead of using mediocre off the shelf parts.

Stock android isn't lightweight anymore, it comes with a ton of bloat.

I'm just tired of Android. They keep adding new problems instead of fixing the ones they already have. It's completely senseless. Android has so much potential but Google has absolutely NO IDEA what to do with it. They cannot hire skilled engineers, because the skilled engineers do not support Google's mission. It's only the mediocre people who do.
you are greatly underestimating how hard it is to make a whole custom chip, and if tensor was truly custom I doubt whether roms would exist for it and in my opinion I would much rather have tensor be based on exynos than be a bad attempt at a custom chip

for Android being bloated you could just use degoogled lineageos or grapheneos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Why? This is a pixel, it has fastboot.
    Twrp is way faster for anything, installing a custom rom, magisk, etc... Plus you don't need a pc every time
    Like the title says will our devices be able to get this too?
    Xc4
    So? If you wipe internal storage while out you're a moron who shouldn't be rooting anyway. Don't let anyone else use a rooted phone even if they're someone close. I'm sorry for your situation, but next tike maybe a
    I guess that's more a reminder to do a full system backup then a reason not to use twrp. Doesn't it have a nand backup thing?
    wait are you working on the real official one? i thought it was npjohnson
    Well I do work with npjohnson, but am much lower profile than him.