Situation with OTAs,any type of Betas ?

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
I'm in a position where I could trade in my Oneplus 6T for a 9T.I like the 9T for it's cameras,bigger battery, fingerprint and feel it would be a useful trade for me, but.

Oneplus is so good with OTAs and open betas
I would probably miss that if I moved

What's Xiaomi like for updates ?

Specifically ,are there any Beta programs
Read somewhere they've stopped global betas
So then you only have something like quarterly updates,

Is that correct ?

hmuny99

Jan 7, 2015
I'm in a position where I could trade in my Oneplus 6T for a 9T.I like the 9T for it's cameras,bigger battery, fingerprint and feel it would be a useful trade for me, but.

Oneplus is so good with OTAs and open betas
I would probably miss that if I moved

What's Xiaomi like for updates ?

Specifically ,are there any Beta programs
Read somewhere they've stopped global betas
So then you only have something like quarterly updates,

Is that correct ?

China beta updates every week and xiaomi.eu debloats It and adds language support, so of you're confortable with modding (you don't lose your warranty of you unlock the bootloader) and want a taste of MIUI, you can use Xiaomi.eu beta ROM (most certainly First build Will come out tomorrow morning)

manus31

May 7, 2016
China beta updates every week and xiaomi.eu debloats It and adds language support, so of you're confortable with modding (you don't lose your warranty of you unlock the bootloader) and want a taste of MIUI, you can use Xiaomi.eu beta ROM (most certainly First build Will come out tomorrow morning)

Seems like the best option alrite,been hearing good things about them,little bit more effort though but worth considering.

hmuny99

Jan 7, 2015
Seems like the best option alrite,been hearing good things about them,little bit more effort though but worth considering.

Yes, unfortunely this Is the worst thing about Xiaomi, software, that's One of the reasons why It Is so cheap, luckily enough there are plenty of devs willing ti build custom ROMs and patch GSI images for Xiaomi devices

slavke1976

Dec 11, 2008
Tavankut
there is no xeu beta rom for k20/mi9t. only stable.
and there is for k20pro/mi9t pro. i am also little disappointed , but even if xiaomi wil stop global beta program, why there are beta roms for others for example mi9se, as i metion already k20pro, why no for me 9t/k20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, unfortunely this Is the worst thing about Xiaomi, software, that's One of the reasons why It Is so cheap, luckily enough there are plenty of devs willing ti build custom ROMs and patch GSI images for Xiaomi devices
    I'd flash the eu Version (has no bloatware) and they push weekly updates
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone