Sixaxis controller is here!

Search This thread

doggyollie

Dec 9, 2011
Hmmm... I thought I managed to fix that one in the 0.5.3 release. Does toggling Bluetooth on then off after stopping the app cause the wake lock to release?

Not sure I'll have to check. Unfortunately I'll be away from a controller for the next two weeks:(

The kernel I am running has some Bluetooth tweaks, so I'll try an earlier unaltered version to be sure there is no conflict.

MrNoise

Mar 12, 2012
I was wondering if i could help with resolving the problem with the aftermarket controllers, because it works with pc... the point is - is there a program rhat can save information from the communication of the pc with the controller in log (if that would help), i'm sure that I'm not the only one who'd like to help.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
I was wondering if i could help with resolving the problem with the aftermarket controllers, because it works with pc... the point is - is there a program rhat can save information from the communication of the pc with the controller in log (if that would help), i'm sure that I'm not the only one who'd like to help.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

It might be useful if you could get a full dump of the successful communication over bluetooth while connecting the controller. Either on Windows or on Linux would be fine. On linux you would use the hcidump utility - I'm not sure about Windows, but I assume there is a sniffer utility out there somewhere.

I do have an after market controller to experiment with, but I still need to purchase a bluetooth dongle so that I can get the dump myself. You're welcome to help expedite the process if you can provide these dumps for me :)

Reactions: MrNoise

that1guyty

Mar 29, 2011
MC3 causes sixaxis to close

running on Samsung Captivate with CM9 Build 17, and Glitch V14b5 kernel with no OC/UV on.

I'm not sure what is causing this, but once i get into a multiplayer game, the controller stops working after a while. It works fine in SP though. I'm guessing that the app is getting purged from memory. Is there a way to give the all precident over other apps when more memory is needed for apps such as a game i'm running? Thanks in advance!

thunder2007

May 17, 2010
I will not change sence to aosp

Don't depend on the fact people who own htc will use aosp roms
For me I can't leave sence
I like your app but I like sence more
Please make my dream true (sence + sixaxis)

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
running on Samsung Captivate with CM9 Build 17, and Glitch V14b5 kernel with no OC/UV on.

I'm not sure what is causing this, but once i get into a multiplayer game, the controller stops working after a while. It works fine in SP though. I'm guessing that the app is getting purged from memory. Is there a way to give the all precident over other apps when more memory is needed for apps such as a game i'm running? Thanks in advance!

Hmmm. What happens once the controller stops working? Do the lights go off? Do you then have to open the Sixaxis app and start it again, or is it still running?

Also, which version of the app are you running?

Reactions: that1guyty

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
Don't depend on the fact people who own htc will use aosp roms
For me I can't leave sence
I like your app but I like sence more
Please make my dream true (sence + sixaxis)

Read over the last few pages of this thread, as there are links to a developer that has solved this issue by building a custom kernel. Depending on your device, it may still be a while before these changes make it to kernels you can use. The dev community here works fast, so it shouldn't take forever.

ttxxaa

Feb 11, 2012
The choice of keys doesn't matter too much, but the important thing is that they are all different. For instance, if you use A, B, C, D, etc for one controller, you could not use them for the second. Instead you might use 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

thanks
now i got it and tested on fpse emulator and they work fine :)
I noticed that the problem in the neo geo emuloter it needs another differnt controller to work two players (like wiimote )

that1guyty

Mar 29, 2011
Hmmm. What happens once the controller stops working? Do the lights go off? Do you then have to open the Sixaxis app and start it again, or is it still running?

Also, which version of the app are you running?
The controller's light goes off, and i do have to restart the app in order to get it going again. Problem is, This game uses so much memory, once i exit it, i have to restart the loading and everything, and it just happens again. I haven't tried in any other games or emulators yet btw. I"ll try that out tonight.

I'm running version .0.5.4.

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
The controller's light goes off, and i do have to restart the app in order to get it going again. Problem is, This game uses so much memory, once i exit it, i have to restart the loading and everything, and it just happens again. I haven't tried in any other games or emulators yet btw. I"ll try that out tonight.

I'm running version .0.5.4.

Any chance you could get me a logcat at the time the app stops working? You can use either adb or 'alogcat' from the market.

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not using native gamepad emulation (in Sixaxis) allows this to work with the OnLive app? It it does my tablet just took a huge step forward.

My understanding is that OnLive only works with the official OnLive controller. I'm fairly sure this is an artificial restriction and would hope they come to their senses eventually. There is a patched version floating around that works great with the controller. See here for details. Here is a video of someone using it on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWt_nriJc5o. I have no idea of the legalities of using this patched version, so I take no responsibility for its use!

Last edited:

Creativeguy

Mar 20, 2012
Help

Bought a Xiron Ultimate 10, which is basically a Newsmy K97, upgraded it to a rooted ICS Newsmy rom, but for some reason Sixaxis doesn't work properly.
Compatibility checker says it's compatible, I can pair fine too apart from the fact the bluetooth adrees keeps changing every time.
But none of the touch profiles I make work, enabling it basically renders my tablet non controllable, because touchscreen itself ceases to function completely when I enable sixaxis.
I have to reset it to return to normal.
Any possible solutions?

MB...I have a k97, did a flash....How did you get the ICS Newsmy Rom...I NEED IT...help!

phonetec

Dec 4, 2009
So I waited almost a month for DX to send me a dualshochIII controller from China and I find out that aftermarket controllers do not work with sixaxis :( after reviewing the thread I see it may be possible soon, so I am looking forward to what comes next, If you need a tester please pm or email me, thank you

bradleyw801

Jul 20, 2010
Salt Lake City
@Sir_Earl

Would there be any chance of making this controller compatible, http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Move-Navigation-Controller-UK-3/dp/B003NSBMHQ?

The reason I ask is this would be a nice way to hold the phone with one hand, and play with the other. It has an analog, a dpad, and some nicely placed buttons to make one handed controlling work just fine.

And please don't anyone say anything about how this is a "move" controller and needs a sensor. It's not. This is the NAVIGATION controller, and is registering button presses, not movements.

mkvoran

Jul 26, 2011
Buttons Not Working

Guys -

I've figured this all out, as far as mapping goes - but I'm not getting ANYTHING from L1, L2, R1 or the DPAD.

It doesnt matter if I am using a touch profile or straight keyboard map (touch set to none)

I dont have a PS3 to test the controller on, I picked it up used from Gamestop.

Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? I've checked for conflicts in the keyboard mapping, but regardless I get nothing out of touch profiles either (which are supposed to override.)

I am on a motorola photon running stock (but rooted) GingerBlur.

I'm about to get on an 18 hour flight in two days - so help me! Maybe the controller is just bad?

Thx.

Last edited:

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
@Sir_Earl

Would there be any chance of making this controller compatible, http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Move-Navigation-Controller-UK-3/dp/B003NSBMHQ?

The reason I ask is this would be a nice way to hold the phone with one hand, and play with the other. It has an analog, a dpad, and some nicely placed buttons to make one handed controlling work just fine.

And please don't anyone say anything about how this is a "move" controller and needs a sensor. It's not. This is the NAVIGATION controller, and is registering button presses, not movements.

It's possible that I might expand support in the future for more controllers such as these, but there are no plans at this stage. I also haven't been able to find any details on the protocol used by this controller - does anyone have any resources or information about this?

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
Guys -

I've figured this all out, as far as mapping goes - but I'm not getting ANYTHING from L1, L2, R1 or the DPAD.

It doesnt matter if I am using a touch profile or straight keyboard map (touch set to none)

I dont have a PS3 to test the controller on, I picked it up used from Gamestop.

Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? I've checked for conflicts in the keyboard mapping, but regardless I get nothing out of touch profiles either (which are supposed to override.)

I am on a motorola photon running stock (but rooted) GingerBlur.

I'm about to get on an 18 hour flight in two days - so help me! Maybe the controller is just bad?

Thx.

Sounds like a hardware fault in the controller to me. You could try connecting the controller in the compatibility checker and pressing the buttons. If nothing shows up there for just those specific buttons, it's almost certainly a hardware fault. You could try the controller on a PC with MotionInJoy to double check, but I would be returning it and asking for my money back if I were you!

Edu87

Mar 22, 2012
Problem with Samsung Galaxy S Plus (i9001)‏

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Plus with Android 2.3.5 (stock ROM). Sixaxis controller tells me that my phone is compatible with method 2. After pairing the PS3 controller I turn it on and my phone says "client connected" but red lights don’t stop blinking and PS3 controller turns off. I don’t know what fails to associate the controller with my phone. In the controller box says “Compatible with PS3 system software version 2.50 or later” Can it cause problems?

Sorry for my bad English.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread should be used to provide feedback and troubleshooting for the Sixaxis Controller and Compatibility Checker apps.

If you have a device that you would like to see supported, and you're happy to step few a bit of debugging to help me determine the issue then please let me know, and preferably provide a screenshot of any error messages.

I'm doing my best to add support for new devices (especially HTC and Samsung), but it seems that it might not always be possible to add compatibility. In this case, the only option for running the app on said device is with an AOSP based rom such as CyanogenMod.

Also, throughout the thread I will occasionally be posting beta versions of the app that include new experimental features. I would be most appreciative of any feedback from those willing to test these new features.

For those looking for help with touch profiles, mythek88 has put together a master list here with a growing list of games. Hopefully at some stage I will add the ability to share profiles directly through the app.

Regards,

Earl
    Any way to get this working on OSX?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I've been meaning to add details to the website for OSX, but in the meantime, here are the instructions:

1. Download libusb.pkg.tar.gz from http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/, unzip, run and install.

2. Download sixpair for OS X here - http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxiscontroller/sixpair

3. Open Terminal, navigate to the folder your file is in (i.e. if the file downloaded into your Downloads folder, you should just have to type "cd Downloads" to get there) and type 'chmod 755 sixpair'.

4. Plug your PS3 controller into your Mac via the USB cable.

5. In Terminal again, type './sixpair 1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F' where "1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F" is the "Local Bluetooth Address" that the Sixaxis controller app gives you.

6. Unplug the PS3 controller, start the Sixaxis controller app, and then press the home button on your PS3 controller.
    There is a new hope! The dev posted some good news on his website:
    http://dancingpixelstudios.com/2016/05/24/marshmallow/
    Anyway to get this working on my s6000 10.1

I have an MTK device on order now, so hopefully won't be long!
    Good news to report. MTK devices should now be supported! This will all depend on other MTK devices using the same libraries, but everything I've seen so far indicates it's fairly standard across devices. Please try the attached compatibility checker and let me know your findings. Hopefully we can get a high compatibility rate on the first try! :)

I should also mention that if you installed the libbt_hci.so and related modules posted earlier in the thread, please be sure to remove these first, as they will stop the app from moving past connection type 1.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone