Siyah Kernel Discussion Thread (IRC)

Search This thread

RuuddieBoy

Jan 20, 2009
Barendrecht
I'm not sure about this anymore... It says everywhere that CM10.1 isn't supported, but I think I've seen some people say they had their S3 running with Siyah kernel, CM10.1 as 1st boot and stock as 2nd boot. Is this true?
I tried it, CM10.1 installed well but once I flashed Siyah kernel the CM10.1 started running super slow.

Is CM10.1 really not working? And if so, does anyone know where to still get CM10? On http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i9300 I can only download CM10.1.

danielk0302

Sep 9, 2010
Yes this is possible as im running a CM10.1 ROM and a samsung rom. CM10.1 must be first rom for it to work. I didnt have any trouble with it but I know some people have problems getting second rom to boot

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

MuertoKo

Mar 22, 2012
Badalona
Yes this is possible as im running a CM10.1 ROM and a samsung rom. CM10.1 must be first rom for it to work. I didnt have any trouble with it but I know some people have problems getting second rom to boot

Buuuut you may end up with a dead device if you keep using Siyah until GM updates :)

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
Be careful people:

Mine just died one hour ago.

Was with omega v.36 (xella) & siah 1.8.6

with charger, checked some messages, put it down.
15 minutes later, grabed it, green light was on, screen was off. No response. I felt the first chill down my spine.
Pulled the battery, put it back.
No recovery mode, no download mode, no screen response, no led response, nothing at all. with or without charger.

any ideias? besides trying to use the warranty?

(was in fact using triangle away before dying, and was saying all the correct info)

thanks in advance guys... :crying:

Reactions: Phk

gokhanmoral

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
So the Siyah 1.8.7 hijacked recovery would have the fix applied in the recovery?

yes, if you hijack recovery again the recovery will be running a kernel which is based on update7 sources.
I did not update cwm-based recovery to the latest version though.
it will be updated in v1.9

valenciano65

Nov 22, 2009
no. you have to install apps twice and they can only share the files in sdcard and not appdata.

Hi at all, I'm newbie in sgs3 and I have a problem with shared files in sdcard.

Can be possible patch only in second rom an script to change the storage to other partition different that /sdcard ?

With siyah kernel I want to put professional number sim on 8:00 at 19:00 at day and at the end of work put second rom with another number personal sim with others different accounts (whatsapp,viber, gmail) and I need that all storage data was in different site. External SD for example or mini partition in internal SD around 2gb would be great.

Cm10.1 would be an option but I think it's more sure 2 roms 4.1.2 with this script.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
yes, if you hijack recovery again the recovery will be running a kernel which is based on update7 sources.
I did not update cwm-based recovery to the latest version though.
it will be updated in v1.9

I'm sorry...people here talk about the hijacked recovery of Siyah kernel....but what does it mean?

I thought that last Siyah kernel is just a kernel with Samsung update 7 inside...and that also in having this we need a recovery console that has the Samsung update 7 support for working with compatible kernels like this one...

Isn't it like this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using TapaTalk2

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
I'm sorry...people here talk about the hijacked recovery of Siyah kernel....but what does it mean?

I thought that last Siyah kernel is just a kernel with Samsung update 7 inside...and that also in having this we need a recovery console that has the Samsung update 7 support for working with compatible kernels like this one...

Isn't it like this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using TapaTalk2

Siyah always have a recovery built inside the Kernel, you can switch over to Siyah recovery from your existing one by selecting hijack recovery in stweaks. So AFAIK the separately available Siyah recovery has not yet been updated, but the one that comes along with Siyah 1.8.7 has been updated and uses lla based source for the recovery part which makes your recovery safe alng with your kernel

《posted from samsung rom》

g3oron

Jan 7, 2013

Does siyah kernal v1.8.7 work only on cm 10 or on all cm 10 based roms like paranoid android v3.54 as well?

dantheman122

Sep 20, 2011
Brisbane
So noticed a really strange issue, may be related to Siyah or Temasek's CM10.1 kernel. Essentially, I updated to latest Temasek CM10.1 build v33 and then updated to Siyah 1.8.7. After that I decided to flash Temasek's custom kernel over the top to see what it was like but it's like it left remnants of Siyah as when I booted it still asked if I wanted to boot to 1st or 2nd rom but if I selected 2nd it just froze and I had to hold power to restart.

I then booted to first rom still with Temasek's kernel and launched STweaks and it worked with it as my screenshot shows but the kernel showed as Temasek's. Could this be related to the latest ramfs changes or something like that?

Ended up solving it by reflashing the rom so perhaps something was left in System?

andylams

Aug 6, 2012
Hong Kong
I will test cm10.1 as secondary rom tonight. Maybe I need to prevent it moving files to "0" subfolder in sdcard because that may be the reason for some people being stuck on the boot logo.
I've tried use Official CM10.1 Nightly as Primary and many other JB 4.2 ROMs as secondary for try but the secondary ROMs are all stuck on the boot logo as you said :crying:

Last edited:

jnr21

Aug 17, 2007
Helsinki
1.8.7 feels smoother than any other kernel, even with pegasusq governor. Previously i was used lulzactiveq gov because it gives much smoother scrolling especially on tapatalk, but it drains battery faster. Now on 1.8.7 i can use pegasusq again without bad lags :)

Thanks GM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks.. we need a general discussion thread for non-development talks.
    it is hard for me to maintain two different threads but I will try to read everything in this one and reply if the time permits.
    subscribed.
    So here it is.

I know 95% of you here are already familiar with Gokhan, developer of the most popular and unique Kernel for S2, and now S3.

While it is still early, i already created this thread so that noobs and developers alike can discuss their problem, solutions, praises, etc here. Thus, leaving the original thread as useful as possible to all of us.

Let's help Gokhan help us.

Sorry for the inconvenience i cause for a while, now let me give the details for IRC chat, thanks to omniwolf.

Server: irc.FreeNode.net
    Channel: #siyah-kernel
    web client: http://siyah.twosx.net/

Enjoy everyone! :p

(Sorry gokhan if i didn't ask permission from you, but i think this thread will also help you). :)
    is Gokhan Moral on holiday ??
    I was.. returned home yesterday. but that is not the only reason of the delayed release. I am working on the last siyahkernel on s2 and also got cold...
    I will first release s2 kernel and come back to s3. I will not end my s3 kernel but we will not have frequent releases.
    my wife is using s3 now and if you are married you can imagine how hard it is to get something shiny back after giving it to your wife :)
    I confirm that wifi tethering doesn't work on CM10.1
    I will try to fix that in the next version.
    Do you want blisteringly quick, smoother than Iphone 5? Try this combo.......

Nova launcher paid
    Siyah v1.8
    Lulzactiveq with deadline scheduler
    Gentle fair sleepers disabled
    Quad core mode
    Touch boost level 1200Mhz
    Android logger - off
    Droidphile ultimate performance lulzactive script in init.d (remember rwxr-xr-x permissions)
    Pickachu's remount script (implemented correctly with 30 sec sleep delay;))
    GPU - 266/350/440/533/600 (925/950/1000/1075/1125 mV)
    GPU thresholds - 60/30/75/55/80/65/90/75
    CPU 300-1500Mhz - all undervolted by -50mV
    Omega 33.3 (all bloatware removed incl. supercharger script)
    Minfree values (Rom control) 32/40/48/110/121/131 (aggressive setting)

Rom has also been made super lean by freezing/uninstalling anything I don't use in TB. Getting deep sleep of between 93-97%.

Seriously, faster and smoother than an Iphone and I never thought that was possible with Android. No matter what I do I cannot get it to lag or stutter anywhere even when flinging it round all over the place. Rock stable and yes, decent battery life too. YES! You CAN have it all guys :D :p
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone