Siyah Kernel Discussion Thread (IRC)

Search This thread

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
Yes use hijack recovery option in s tweaks. And it is patched and safe. It is a very good fully functional touch recovery ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

What kind of recovery is that? Is it a modded cwm or a complete different touch recovery from cwm our twrp?
Is it good to install it even if I don't use dual boot?
Is it just a simple recovery as others so to revert back to another one if I don't like it, or is it related to the presence of the kernel and to remove it I must then reflash the kernel?

Thank you very much.

Ps: about SHED_MC.. I would like to have extras info on value 1 and 2 as I don't understand faq very well.
Thank you very much.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using TapaTalk2

browy

Apr 1, 2012
Zürich
What kind of recovery is that? Is it a modded cwm or a complete different touch recovery from cwm our twrp?
Is it good to install it even if I don't use dual boot?
Is it just a simple recovery as others so to revert back to another one if I don't like it, or is it related to the presence of the kernel and to remove it I must then reflash the kernel?

Thank you very much.
It's a modified CWM. It has the exact same options as CWM with addiction of a kernel specific and a dual-boot section. Just take a look at the photos

28523702.jpg

dualbootRecovery1.jpg

If you don't like it and want to go back, just flash your old recovery. No need to reflash the kernel.

Last edited:

furyau

Oct 17, 2011
Really hoping Bluetooth is on the fix list for 1.9

There's no doubting siyah and cm10.1 is one of the best combos ATM. Stweaks is flawless!!! Thanks Gokhanmoral!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

jnr21

Aug 17, 2007
Helsinki
most of the times when I press the shutdown button to shutdown the screen, it turn off the screen but then the screen goes on automatically.
I'm on Omega v.37 I used siyah v1.8.7 and just installed v1.8.8 but the problem still persists. I also have crt-off effect flashed.
Can anyone tell if there is a solution for this?

Do you use app called "screen off and lock"?

xanthrax

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee Lead / RC-RT Com - Vampire
Staff member
Apr 12, 2011
Darkside
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Thanks a ton gokhan.finally set cm10.1 as my secondary. Used the swap method , though its time consuming it worked perfectly

《posted from cm10.1》

hi bala !!!
i tried also this method , no luck but when i flashed cm10.1 as primary i didn`t boot in to it , i just swapped and then i tried but ...
i`ll give a try again now !

jnr21

Aug 17, 2007
Helsinki
I have samsung ELLC (null_18.1) as primary and temasek cm10.1 as secondary and everything working great. There may be easier way than this, but this works, so here is my flashing procedure:

At the beginning i have only samsung ELLC and siyah 1.8.8 installed, then i made these steps:

- boot to recovery and make nandroid backup (only if you don't want to flash sammy rom from scratch)
- wipe all, format /system, /cache and /data and flash cm10.1, gapps and siyah 1.8.8

Now i have only cm10.1 and siyah installed and ellc nandroid backup on sdcard, so let's continue:

- install stweaks and boot to siyah recovery via stweaks / dualboot tab
- go to dualboot options and clone 1st rom to 2nd rom
- boot back to cm10.1
- move all contents (your sdcard content) from /mnt/shell/emulated/0/ to /mnt/shell/emulated/, don't delete empty /0 folder
- boot to primary recovery (not to second rom utils) and wipe all and format /system, /cache and /data
- go to backup and restore and restore your samsung ellc nandroid backup (or flash clean samsung rom and siyah 1.8.8)

Now you have sammy rom as primary and cm10.1 as secondary. As i said, there may be easier way but i made it this way because i didn't want to flash samsung rom from scratch.

Edit: ofcourse you can skip nandroid backup/restore part and flash sammy rom from scratch after all other steps are made.

Last edited:

gokhanmoral

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
Thanks a ton gokhan.finally set cm10.1 as my secondary. Used the swap method , though its time consuming it worked perfectly

《posted from cm10.1》

I will try to find the reason why you cannot directly flash cm10.1 as second rom.
it's good to hear that swap method worked.

xanthrax

Staff member
Apr 12, 2011
Darkside
ha !
managed too !!!
so ,
clone first rom (CodecRom) to second
(check if it works )
go to first rom and from there boot into recovery and flash cm 10.1 (temasek)
flashing method must be a perfectly clean one wipe data/cache format systemdata/cache/preload
flash siyah 1.8.8
let it boot and settle
open stweaks > boot to sec rom utils
swap the roms
flash siyah again
boot to sec or first as you wish
-=-=-
good luck !

xanthrax

Staff member
Apr 12, 2011
Darkside
---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

No just crt-off effect.

Galaxy SIII

I use that app screen lock , working fine , no redraw when screen off , check in stweaks that delay from the bottom of the pic

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358241534110.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358241534110.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 431

RuuddieBoy

Jan 20, 2009
Barendrecht
Not sure if this is a kernel or CM10.1 issue, but I have bluetooth pairing issues with my CM10.1 nightly 14-jan-2013 build in combination with the 1.8.7 Siyah kernel. The phone detects BT devices, but when I try to pair it fails.

beardymarrow

Oct 23, 2011
Not sure if this is a kernel or CM10.1 issue, but I have bluetooth pairing issues with my CM10.1 nightly 14-jan-2013 build in combination with the 1.8.7 Siyah kernel. The phone detects BT devices, but when I try to pair it fails.

I had the same problem.
  • CM10.1 with stock CM kernel worked.
  • Omega with Siyah kernel worked.
  • CM10.1 with Siyah kernel didn't work.

So it was the combination that was the problem for me, not either item specifically. Have you tried the fix here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2038273?

Reactions: Schemerlamp

Baxxter13

Jun 5, 2012
Vienna
I use that app screen lock , working fine , no redraw when screen off , check in stweaks that delay from the bottom of the pic

just checked it, the value is the same as yours but the problem still exists. I was on Perseus kernel before V1.8.7 was released because of the sds problem and it worked fine with perseus.

mitky82

Feb 2, 2011
Sofia
OK! Swipe works, but i found some problem for me.

In inernal memory now i have one folder named "0" and there is all files from my stock sammy rom, that folder run as default only with cm10.1 rom, and now after second swipe 1-stock 2-cm that folder dont load for my sammy rom and my files dont see. Galery and other files missing.
When i boot in cm 10.1 as second rom folder load as usuall, like before in sammy rom

Now when i clear second rom, and remove from system do i loose all files from my stock rom and internal memory (folder "0") ?

ThePureHeart

Jan 15, 2013
Boot into first ROM and transfer contents of 0 folder to internal memory root.
Now you can remove the second ROM.

I managed to remove second ROM and all the contents of folder 0 stayed. I then transferred everything back to internal memory root.

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Version

Reactions: mitky82

gewinnste

Nov 5, 2009
No sync´ing at all ?

So are you guys saying that you don´t sync contacts with outlook?

There seems to be NO SOFTWARE AT ALL that can do that, what the .... ??

I wouldn´t necessarily need Kies but SOMETHING to enable sync´ing contacts - as much as I appreciate their work, why do developers take away this crucial capability?

Help would be really appreciated!

ThePureHeart

Jan 15, 2013
Stop crying, kies is sh*t.
Look for SnapPea or Moborobo on the Pay Store.
Either if these will let you keep various things synced, including contacts.

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Version

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks.. we need a general discussion thread for non-development talks.
    it is hard for me to maintain two different threads but I will try to read everything in this one and reply if the time permits.
    subscribed.
    So here it is.

I know 95% of you here are already familiar with Gokhan, developer of the most popular and unique Kernel for S2, and now S3.

While it is still early, i already created this thread so that noobs and developers alike can discuss their problem, solutions, praises, etc here. Thus, leaving the original thread as useful as possible to all of us.

Let's help Gokhan help us.

Sorry for the inconvenience i cause for a while, now let me give the details for IRC chat, thanks to omniwolf.

Server: irc.FreeNode.net
    Channel: #siyah-kernel
    web client: http://siyah.twosx.net/

Enjoy everyone! :p

(Sorry gokhan if i didn't ask permission from you, but i think this thread will also help you). :)
    is Gokhan Moral on holiday ??
    I was.. returned home yesterday. but that is not the only reason of the delayed release. I am working on the last siyahkernel on s2 and also got cold...
    I will first release s2 kernel and come back to s3. I will not end my s3 kernel but we will not have frequent releases.
    my wife is using s3 now and if you are married you can imagine how hard it is to get something shiny back after giving it to your wife :)
    I confirm that wifi tethering doesn't work on CM10.1
    I will try to fix that in the next version.
    Do you want blisteringly quick, smoother than Iphone 5? Try this combo.......

Nova launcher paid
    Siyah v1.8
    Lulzactiveq with deadline scheduler
    Gentle fair sleepers disabled
    Quad core mode
    Touch boost level 1200Mhz
    Android logger - off
    Droidphile ultimate performance lulzactive script in init.d (remember rwxr-xr-x permissions)
    Pickachu's remount script (implemented correctly with 30 sec sleep delay;))
    GPU - 266/350/440/533/600 (925/950/1000/1075/1125 mV)
    GPU thresholds - 60/30/75/55/80/65/90/75
    CPU 300-1500Mhz - all undervolted by -50mV
    Omega 33.3 (all bloatware removed incl. supercharger script)
    Minfree values (Rom control) 32/40/48/110/121/131 (aggressive setting)

Rom has also been made super lean by freezing/uninstalling anything I don't use in TB. Getting deep sleep of between 93-97%.

Seriously, faster and smoother than an Iphone and I never thought that was possible with Android. No matter what I do I cannot get it to lag or stutter anywhere even when flinging it round all over the place. Rock stable and yes, decent battery life too. YES! You CAN have it all guys :D :p
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone