Siyah Kernel Discussion Thread (IRC)

Search This thread

imepv7

Jan 27, 2012
In Christ
Google Pixel 4a
Go into recovery - Wipe Cache - Wipe Dalvic Cache and then flash it... Make sure that uve downloaded the CWM version of it? By the way which recovery r u using?

Sent from my GT-I9300 (Hassan Khalid Malik) using xda premium

Haay, I'm hoping to save time by not doing this again. I guess flashing kernels without wipe only works with other phones like HTC. :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

blackhand64

Nov 7, 2012

I'm using CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly build 20130401 dual boot with stock

uploadfromtaptalk1364825359794.jpg

Last edited:

LemonPlusTea

Jun 18, 2011
Missed the music mod that came with the kernel. Switched to my iPod for music during the time the new Mali drivers came out on CM10.1..
Now back to my S3. One less item to carry for road trips now! :D

lee.saxby

Jan 31, 2010
Hi

I've done a search but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I currently use stock Sammy ROM with Perseus kernel, which enables USB audio out.

Does anyone know if I use the latest siyah kernel with cm10.1 will it enable USB audio out?

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

skodaslx

Oct 11, 2010
AW: Siyah Kernel Discussion Thread (IRC)

Haay, I'm hoping to save time by not doing this again. I guess flashing kernels without wipe only works with other phones like HTC. :(

Wipe Cache and dalvik Cache takes only a few seconds.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: HassanM

dugi0

Aug 25, 2011
I currently have cm 10.1 with this kernel installed and I'd like dual boot a sammy rom on my phone, but I'm not sure which official 4.1.2 rom should I get. The only official ROMs i could find are Odin packages which I suppose can't be flashed with the siyah recovery.

gokhanmoral

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
It is not configurable yet. Although we still have the config action script in ramfs I did not put it in the config XML and it is enabled for everyone, using the swappiness of 100 as in the 4.2 leaked kernel but I increased the zram size to 500MB. Lets see if zram cause any instability. I will make it configurable in the next version.

Sent from my RM-825_eu_turkey_211 using Board Express

invinciblecc

Aug 2, 2012
I currently have cm 10.1 with this kernel installed and I'd like dual boot a sammy rom on my phone, but I'm not sure which official 4.1.2 rom should I get. The only official ROMs i could find are Odin packages which I suppose can't be flashed with the siyah recovery.

Why official try sotmax

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: dugi0

riso123

Dec 3, 2010
It is not configurable yet. Although we still have the config action script in ramfs I did not put it in the config XML and it is enabled for everyone, using the swappiness of 100 as in the 4.2 leaked kernel but I increased the zram size to 500MB. Lets see if zram cause any instability. I will make it configurable in the next version.

Ok cool. Certainly the latest kernel is FLYING! Don't know if it's related to zram or not though.

HassanM

Aug 29, 2012
Gokhan Moral is back and the latest version of Siyah Kernel (1.9.1) is up for download.....
I wish GM all the luck in his exceptional and much awaited work....

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I would like to know this too!

Yes it does... According to GM its integrated in the latest version....

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Bro I trust your work... I'm sure whatever ure doing is the best.... Waiting for your next be version... Already on 1.9.1...

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
UPDATE: Zram & Swap control V2.3

Link to dedicated thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2210255

V2.3 Changelog:

-Running dialogs
-Now with internal memory cache file situated Swap option.
-improved Boot-set init.d support.

Download V2.3: http://db.tt/MkEcM7Hs

EDIT: RE- UPLOADED BUG FIX

Note this app will work with any kernel with swap support across many devices

enemy9a8.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Erahgon

dherre65

Mar 28, 2011
Utrecht
Hi guys, usually the bootsound mutes when the phone is in silent mode, but with Siyah kernel the bootsound is always on. How to disable it?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

pat357

Nov 23, 2012
Antwerp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks.. we need a general discussion thread for non-development talks.
    it is hard for me to maintain two different threads but I will try to read everything in this one and reply if the time permits.
    subscribed.
    So here it is.

I know 95% of you here are already familiar with Gokhan, developer of the most popular and unique Kernel for S2, and now S3.

While it is still early, i already created this thread so that noobs and developers alike can discuss their problem, solutions, praises, etc here. Thus, leaving the original thread as useful as possible to all of us.

Let's help Gokhan help us.

Sorry for the inconvenience i cause for a while, now let me give the details for IRC chat, thanks to omniwolf.

Server: irc.FreeNode.net
    Channel: #siyah-kernel
    web client: http://siyah.twosx.net/

Enjoy everyone! :p

(Sorry gokhan if i didn't ask permission from you, but i think this thread will also help you). :)
    is Gokhan Moral on holiday ??
    I was.. returned home yesterday. but that is not the only reason of the delayed release. I am working on the last siyahkernel on s2 and also got cold...
    I will first release s2 kernel and come back to s3. I will not end my s3 kernel but we will not have frequent releases.
    my wife is using s3 now and if you are married you can imagine how hard it is to get something shiny back after giving it to your wife :)
    I confirm that wifi tethering doesn't work on CM10.1
    I will try to fix that in the next version.
    Do you want blisteringly quick, smoother than Iphone 5? Try this combo.......

Nova launcher paid
    Siyah v1.8
    Lulzactiveq with deadline scheduler
    Gentle fair sleepers disabled
    Quad core mode
    Touch boost level 1200Mhz
    Android logger - off
    Droidphile ultimate performance lulzactive script in init.d (remember rwxr-xr-x permissions)
    Pickachu's remount script (implemented correctly with 30 sec sleep delay;))
    GPU - 266/350/440/533/600 (925/950/1000/1075/1125 mV)
    GPU thresholds - 60/30/75/55/80/65/90/75
    CPU 300-1500Mhz - all undervolted by -50mV
    Omega 33.3 (all bloatware removed incl. supercharger script)
    Minfree values (Rom control) 32/40/48/110/121/131 (aggressive setting)

Rom has also been made super lean by freezing/uninstalling anything I don't use in TB. Getting deep sleep of between 93-97%.

Seriously, faster and smoother than an Iphone and I never thought that was possible with Android. No matter what I do I cannot get it to lag or stutter anywhere even when flinging it round all over the place. Rock stable and yes, decent battery life too. YES! You CAN have it all guys :D :p
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone