Siyah Kernel Discussion Thread (IRC)

Search This thread

unklug84

Jul 19, 2012
Hello

I have a question. I have Paranoid Android 3.15 as first ROM and try to get a Samsung 4.1.2 Rom as second.
I tired Omega, I tried several others. But I only got Problems. Booting time from abaout 3-5 min, cant install Apps (not enough free space, but >6 GB are free).
I tried iot with full wipe, but got the same problems. Any suggestions?
If I make another "pure" 4.2 Rom as second, i.e. RootBox, all is fine.

Thanks for your help!

dantheman122

Sep 20, 2011
Brisbane
Hello

I have a question. I have Paranoid Android 3.15 as first ROM and try to get a Samsung 4.1.2 Rom as second.
I tired Omega, I tried several others. But I only got Problems. Booting time from abaout 3-5 min, cant install Apps (not enough free space, but >6 GB are free).
I tried iot with full wipe, but got the same problems. Any suggestions?
If I make another "pure" 4.2 Rom as second, i.e. RootBox, all is fine.

Thanks for your help!

I've running PAC-MAN rom that includes PA 3.1 and Omega 43.1 as second rom and it boots fine. Can't get wifi tethering to work though??? :confused:

FrancescoGato

May 24, 2012
R: Siyah Kernel Discussion Thread (IRC)

Is still safe to flash the tweaked governors for battery and performance? Siyah is the best kernel ever! Great dual boot experience and best performances for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Can u please add zcache support too in next version it will make the experience even smoother

Please read at least the last few pages or GMs changelog blog. Zram is already supported.

You can use my app to control zram, hard swap and swap file residing in cache partition as well. Look a few pages back for the link...

I'm using a zram and internal swap file in Cache partition together and it works very well...

eny5adyr.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

respider

Sep 18, 2008
Sao Paulo
guys, does this work with samsumg leaked 4.2.1?

I'm using CM10.1 as 1st rom and just installed Omega 44.3 (4.2.1 leaked) as 2nd. When I try to boot I get black screen, boot animation doesnt even show up (1st rom is 100% ok)

edit: just saw on the site that it's not

Last edited:

invinciblecc

Aug 2, 2012
guys, does this work with samsumg leaked 4.2.1?

I'm using CM10.1 as 1st rom and just installed Omega 44.3 (4.2.1 leaked) as 2nd. When I try to boot I get black screen, boot animation doesnt even show up (1st rom is 100% ok)

edit: just saw on the site that it's not

Do u by any means have no boot logo checked in dual boot tab of stweaks if yes disable it
And I am on slim bean and sotmax dualboooting them and AFAIK slim bean is nodded cm10.1 I am sure it works

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks.. we need a general discussion thread for non-development talks.
    it is hard for me to maintain two different threads but I will try to read everything in this one and reply if the time permits.
    subscribed.
    So here it is.

I know 95% of you here are already familiar with Gokhan, developer of the most popular and unique Kernel for S2, and now S3.

While it is still early, i already created this thread so that noobs and developers alike can discuss their problem, solutions, praises, etc here. Thus, leaving the original thread as useful as possible to all of us.

Let's help Gokhan help us.

Sorry for the inconvenience i cause for a while, now let me give the details for IRC chat, thanks to omniwolf.

Server: irc.FreeNode.net
    Channel: #siyah-kernel
    web client: http://siyah.twosx.net/

Enjoy everyone! :p

(Sorry gokhan if i didn't ask permission from you, but i think this thread will also help you). :)
    is Gokhan Moral on holiday ??
    I was.. returned home yesterday. but that is not the only reason of the delayed release. I am working on the last siyahkernel on s2 and also got cold...
    I will first release s2 kernel and come back to s3. I will not end my s3 kernel but we will not have frequent releases.
    my wife is using s3 now and if you are married you can imagine how hard it is to get something shiny back after giving it to your wife :)
    I confirm that wifi tethering doesn't work on CM10.1
    I will try to fix that in the next version.
    Do you want blisteringly quick, smoother than Iphone 5? Try this combo.......

Nova launcher paid
    Siyah v1.8
    Lulzactiveq with deadline scheduler
    Gentle fair sleepers disabled
    Quad core mode
    Touch boost level 1200Mhz
    Android logger - off
    Droidphile ultimate performance lulzactive script in init.d (remember rwxr-xr-x permissions)
    Pickachu's remount script (implemented correctly with 30 sec sleep delay;))
    GPU - 266/350/440/533/600 (925/950/1000/1075/1125 mV)
    GPU thresholds - 60/30/75/55/80/65/90/75
    CPU 300-1500Mhz - all undervolted by -50mV
    Omega 33.3 (all bloatware removed incl. supercharger script)
    Minfree values (Rom control) 32/40/48/110/121/131 (aggressive setting)

Rom has also been made super lean by freezing/uninstalling anything I don't use in TB. Getting deep sleep of between 93-97%.

Seriously, faster and smoother than an Iphone and I never thought that was possible with Android. No matter what I do I cannot get it to lag or stutter anywhere even when flinging it round all over the place. Rock stable and yes, decent battery life too. YES! You CAN have it all guys :D :p
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone