[SKIN] Dband supports the Huawei P9

Search This thread

ladxxdal

May 22, 2016
Hey folks,

good news for people loving skins on their phone, especially from Dbrand.

They now have the device listed and can be ordered already :D

https://dbrand.com/shop/huawei-p9-skins

5OymR9Jl.png

qWYsFScl.jpg

Last edited:
Well after a wait of just over 2 weeks from order to delivery I can say that it was well worth the wait.

Phone has a bit more grip now and can finally ditch the horrible plastic thing I've been using.

Application was a doddle and I'm a fussy one. Probably took 10 mins but I did spend another 10 mins smoothing the edges :)

Let me know if you want any more info.

Tel

Attachments

• LRM_EXPORT_20160714_141946.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20160714_141946.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 1,949
  • LRM_EXPORT_20160714_141909.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20160714_141909.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,923
  • LRM_EXPORT_20160714_141900.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20160714_141900.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,885
  • LRM_EXPORT_20160714_141206.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20160714_141206.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 1,877
  • LRM_EXPORT_20160714_141843.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20160714_141843.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 1,913

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
I work in car workshop and sometimes we stick those carbon-like stickers on car parts, and sometimes I use it to cover other things like laptop cover or speakers so after I got P9 it was a matter of time to use it on it...
I actually did that with my previous Xperias phones, but with P9 this is more tricky to use those stickers because it have rounded edges.

Here is my first test on how it would look on my phone:

As you can see I skipped upper part of phone, because i didnt had in home scalpel that is needed to cut such small parts. Also its first test, so edges aren't perfect.
Later I will get scalpel from work and I will try to cut it properly.

As for actual materials, we use those cheap stickers that you can buy in packs of 1x3m, they cost less than 5 Euro. Rest it standard: hair dryer, scalpel or any precision knife and ruler. That first try took me about 15 min to cut and apply.

So overall I think its better to try it by yourself before spending 10Euro on it. And even if it will not work, you still could stick it on any other device in your home :D

Attachments

• crb_01.jpg
    crb_01.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 583
  • crb_02.jpg
    crb_02.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 579
  • crb_03.jpg
    crb_03.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 575
Reactions: austriker27

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
Nope, I hate putting anything in front of the phone, its look weird and "cheap" and because you swipe your fingers all the time near edges its give that really annoying feel of "its gonna fell off".
I also get new idea how to make it to fit perfectly on back of the phone. I just make precise template on my computer, and then just print it on back of the sticker, and cut it with scalpel. I totally forgot that my printer support any paper, so it dont care if its not perfect A4 format -_-

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
damn hard, it could take you almost 5 second to peel it off :]

EDIT: Here is latest try, this time with upper part near camera.
After whole day of testing I can say that its damn good looking and it really hard to accidentally peel it off, even on that small part that have less than 3mm.

Attachments

• crb_001.jpg
    crb_001.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 329
  • crb_002.jpg
    crb_002.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 325
  • crb_003.jpg
    crb_003.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Reactions: austriker27

austriker27

Feb 2, 2010
Thanks for sharing! sweet pics! of course now im thinking about selling my P9 and upgrading to the P9 plus which means no DBrands for me sadly

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
I would rather wait for P10 that will be on market somewhere April-June(release should be March April but we can say that it hit global market month later).
I got my P9 last December, but as I said, all that moding and "more poweeer!" stuff is behind me and I just wanted good looking and good working phone, and P9 give me all that. Actually comparing to any other phone on market even mid-end ones.... they all the same in everyday usage, I was testing galaxy s7 for 3 days before getting P9 and.... nothings special, screen is better and VR(that I use and create content for it) is better, but beside that its all the same.

Today its a matter of picking phone based on look and screen size/res, rest work the same honestly, even camera that quality more depend on person who take pic rather than camera it self.

And I think Dband WILL be supporting P10, maybe not instantly but month or two later and it should be there, after all P series, especially P8 lite and P9 lite are really popular so bigger brothers should get all of that fancy addons from other companies like Dband.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well after a wait of just over 2 weeks from order to delivery I can say that it was well worth the wait.

Phone has a bit more grip now and can finally ditch the horrible plastic thing I've been using.

Application was a doddle and I'm a fussy one. Probably took 10 mins but I did spend another 10 mins smoothing the edges :)

Let me know if you want any more info.

Tel
    Hey folks,

good news for people loving skins on their phone, especially from Dbrand.

They now have the device listed and can be ordered already :D

https://dbrand.com/shop/huawei-p9-skins

5OymR9Jl.png

qWYsFScl.jpg
    That look awesome!! Thanks for sharing, I think I'll buy some
    I work in car workshop and sometimes we stick those carbon-like stickers on car parts, and sometimes I use it to cover other things like laptop cover or speakers so after I got P9 it was a matter of time to use it on it...
    I actually did that with my previous Xperias phones, but with P9 this is more tricky to use those stickers because it have rounded edges.

Here is my first test on how it would look on my phone:

As you can see I skipped upper part of phone, because i didnt had in home scalpel that is needed to cut such small parts. Also its first test, so edges aren't perfect.
    Later I will get scalpel from work and I will try to cut it properly.

As for actual materials, we use those cheap stickers that you can buy in packs of 1x3m, they cost less than 5 Euro. Rest it standard: hair dryer, scalpel or any precision knife and ruler. That first try took me about 15 min to cut and apply.

So overall I think its better to try it by yourself before spending 10Euro on it. And even if it will not work, you still could stick it on any other device in your home :D
    damn hard, it could take you almost 5 second to peel it off :]

EDIT: Here is latest try, this time with upper part near camera.
    After whole day of testing I can say that its damn good looking and it really hard to accidentally peel it off, even on that small part that have less than 3mm.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone