[Skin] HTC Sense 3.0 Skins

apoorvajsh

Apr 4, 2011
These are the skins from HTC Hub, I thought I'd post them to make it easier to get them as you need a HTC Sense account to download them.

As far as I'm aware, they only work on the official HTC RUU 3.06.405.1

If I find any other compatible user made skins, I'll post them here too :)

Enjoyyy.

Blue Sky (comes with RUU)

Burgandy (comes with RUU)

Memories

Music Lover

Painting the World

Purple Passion

Spaceship Earth

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I can also post screenshots if that would help :)

Last edited:

exhibit_d

Nov 9, 2010
This is really a pez effort from HTC. They are nothing more than colour style sheets for the ONE skin. If you look at the original design for these skins, say for Sense 2.0, there was a difference in the graphics other than colour.

For example, the brown/orange one, 'Memories', use to have a different shaped dock. It was not transparent and had a 'stitching' look on it and textures. The current version on sense 3.0 is the same design as stock skin except the colours.

Check out the other skins from Sense 2.0 and you will see what I mean. The docks are different shapes and some dont even cover the entire length of the bottom, such as 'Slate'. To me this sucks because it is one of the defining features of Sense. I on my old DHD I would change skins every few weeks and the UI would look really different - and not just the colour. Lazy HTC, just plain lazy.

On the plus side, it seems folks have found a way to provide skins for Sense 3.0 from the market. This method is simple and does not involve rooting your device. However, at the moment there are few quality options out there. HTC, please give your graphics team a nudge and sort this out for Sense 4.0.

jcmaddox1

Aug 23, 2011
Lexington
Don't All of these skins come in every Sense 3.5 rom? Thats what i had from my experience messing with Sense 3.5..

EDIT: NVM just read what it said instead of assuming :p

limalf

May 4, 2008
Old skin

Hi!

I installed the update with sense 3.0 and I noticed that the only old skin with a not curved dock (the one simple like a rectangle) was not in the 3.0 version. Do you know how to recover it?

Thanks!

apoorvajsh

Apr 4, 2011
This is really a pez effort from HTC. They are nothing more than colour style sheets for the ONE skin. If you look at the original design for these skins, say for Sense 2.0, there was a difference in the graphics other than colour.

For example, the brown/orange one, 'Memories', use to have a different shaped dock. It was not transparent and had a 'stitching' look on it and textures. The current version on sense 3.0 is the same design as stock skin except the colours.

Check out the other skins from Sense 2.0 and you will see what I mean. The docks are different shapes and some dont even cover the entire length of the bottom, such as 'Slate'. To me this sucks because it is one of the defining features of Sense. I on my old DHD I would change skins every few weeks and the UI would look really different - and not just the colour. Lazy HTC, just plain lazy.

On the plus side, it seems folks have found a way to provide skins for Sense 3.0 from the market. This method is simple and does not involve rooting your device. However, at the moment there are few quality options out there. HTC, please give your graphics team a nudge and sort this out for Sense 4.0.
Hey yea I totally know what you mean like they had the metal one and the wood one and they all gave a completely different UI.

I think what happened is they realised that for daily use most people only used the original skin (I have never met or heard of anyone who didnt), with the others for show or messing around. Simply because it was the most usable one.
In this case, having the original theme but with different colouring schemes was the more useful route to go.

I

ivanboba

I was running this theme before I rooted, long ago, and I miss this skin; anyone know if its possible load this 2.1 theme in 3.0?
i miss the skin allso this was the best sense 2.1 skin form htc i would like to see it on 3.0 is it posible to port it to sense 3.0

mateusm

Feb 14, 2011
i miss the skin allso this was the best sense 2.1 skin form htc i would like to see it on 3.0 is it posible to port it to sense 3.0
From what I've been reading its not possible...
Bummer.
There are some 3.0 skins in the.market, none of them worked for me tho, they don't top the ones made by HTC anyways :(

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App