Skin instead of case?

Search This thread

makalele2

Oct 17, 2011
Hi, I've recently found out about skins - an interesting alternative for cases. To be honest, I couldn't find any good case for this phone. Now I'm using Nilikin Case - it's slim, looking pretty good, but has cracks in few places already. I guess it doesn't give me any protection anyway in case of hitting the floor. But naked phone is way to slippery (especially the glass on the back). So why not trying skin instead? I had hard time to find something, which has (potentially) good quality. I had to find international (on eBay), because there was almost nothing in my country to buy (only printed crap with very bad reviews).
So I found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Carbon-S...sh=item419deb1600:g:ie8AAOSwYHxWFs20#shpCntId
So, should I give it a try?

makalele2

Oct 17, 2011
Just got my skin today! I didn't expect it so early. Anyway it's not easy task to put this skin (and any other as well i guess). I left my metal bumper, because it love how it's looking. So only top and back skin are on. Gonna post some photos maybe tomorrow :D

Reactions: l3Nni

makalele2

Oct 17, 2011
Here are photos:

6aS2Usw.jpg

vKmhOZY.jpg

Sorry for reflection, but I needed strong light to capture black texture of skin :)

makalele2

Oct 17, 2011
Yeah I like it. Material is nice to touch and looks durable. But who knows how really tough it is, we'll see in few weeks. One downside is front skin covers notification led! Because of that it's very dim.

Reactions: l3Nni

makalele2

Oct 17, 2011
Hi, any new experience after 2 months? Specially some fall damage, that is my big problem.

Thanks

Well, a lot of scratches, but they aren't that visible on black texture. However I've taken off front skin, because when phone was heating up (while playing some games) sticky glue was going from it. Fall damage? Well - it doesn't give you any protection from falling on the ground and any other skin won't give you any. For me it's great cover for back glass, because glass has a lot of fingerprints and is very slippery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ordered Brushed 3D: Black. We'll see how it performs.
    Just got my skin today! I didn't expect it so early. Anyway it's not easy task to put this skin (and any other as well i guess). I left my metal bumper, because it love how it's looking. So only top and back skin are on. Gonna post some photos maybe tomorrow :D
    Yeah I like it. Material is nice to touch and looks durable. But who knows how really tough it is, we'll see in few weeks. One downside is front skin covers notification led! Because of that it's very dim.