Skip bo disappeared from android market...

Search This thread

skiutah1080

Oct 7, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Any chance anybody has the Skip Bo apk? I had it on my phone but installed a custom rom last night and when I went to download it from the market this morning it was gone. Checked out the developers website/blog and he said it was taken down due to unforseen complications.
I have a nandroid backup that has it on there but how do I get to it without doing a full restore?

--Sent from my Evo using XDA App--

Reactions: axone56

titansfan745

Jul 29, 2010
Nashville
Little known solution

I recently found a really good solution to your problem. I love to flash different roms and new releases but have recently found myself hesitant of doing so just because of having to set up all your apps and profiles back to the way you had them. But thanks to a fellow XDA member I have discovered that when using ClockWorkMod Recovery you can easily restore all data from your latest back up. To do so: simply go into Recovery mode, select NANDROID, you will have three options BACKUP, RESTORE, and ADVANCED RESTORE. Select ADVANCED RESTORE and you will be prompted to select which backup you want to restore from. Once you have chosen your most recent BACKUP you will be prompted to RESTORE boot, system, data, cache, or sd-ext. Select Restore data and flash and WOILA!!! When your phone reboots your new ROM will have ALL of your previous DATA and I do mean ALL. Text messages, call history, apps, EVERYTHING. Your phone will even have the wallpaper you had before you data wiped for the new ROM. Hope this helps, I know that it has made me a lot more willing to do anything requiring a data wipe. Anyways, I don't know much but if you happen to learn anything worthwhile and you see someone having a problem take a couple of minutes out of your day and help them. Because this community will only get better when people stop FLAMING and start HELPING... Anyways, peace

Nefariouss

Jul 5, 2010
Houston
I recently found a really good solution to your problem. I love to flash different roms and new releases but have recently found myself hesitant of doing so just because of having to set up all your apps and profiles back to the way you had them. But thanks to a fellow XDA member I have discovered that when using ClockWorkMod Recovery you can easily restore all data from your latest back up. To do so: simply go into Recovery mode, select NANDROID, you will have three options BACKUP, RESTORE, and ADVANCED RESTORE. Select ADVANCED RESTORE and you will be prompted to select which backup you want to restore from. Once you have chosen your most recent BACKUP you will be prompted to RESTORE boot, system, data, cache, or sd-ext. Select Restore data and flash and WOILA!!! When your phone reboots your new ROM will have ALL of your previous DATA and I do mean ALL. Text messages, call history, apps, EVERYTHING. Your phone will even have the wallpaper you had before you data wiped for the new ROM. Hope this helps, I know that it has made me a lot more willing to do anything requiring a data wipe. Anyways, I don't know much but if you happen to learn anything worthwhile and you see someone having a problem take a couple of minutes out of your day and help them. Because this community will only get better when people stop FLAMING and start HELPING... Anyways, peace
What recovery do you use? I couldn't find that using AR 1.8

Edit; NM I see it in your post.

Last edited:

s3riph

Sep 3, 2009
Memphis
also need it

I rooted my wife's EVO tonight telling her she could get all of her games and apps back. Unfortunately I was wrong, skip bo her fav game is missing from the market. I am also looking for this apk if anyone else has it.

Thanks.

DOG666

Jun 17, 2010
Chula Vista, Ca

Wow! thanks alot man, i love flashing new roms/ mods too, & hated having to set up my screens/ apps all over again. Before flashing a new rom, i used to draw out my screens/ apps on a piece of paper just so i could remember what i had, & where. It's really wierd cuz' lots of people down clockworkmod recovery, & seem to favor amon ra, but i've had, & rooted my evo since launch day, & never had problems with it, this makes me feel lots better with my recovery choice :D

suite044

Apr 24, 2009
skipbo apk

That's nice about the back up but, seriously, does anyone have the skipbo apk!?

ryanlashway

Jul 27, 2010
Try this if yku have skipbo.

If you have skipbo install AppBackupReinstall
Go in, select skipbo, hit menu, select backup. Now go into your sdcard go to appbackup and post that file please.

I have been going thru withdrawal on this game.

I may have it tonight if I can walk my non tech savy brother thru this, if not I will have it on Xmast and post.

Reactions: ajaxraksaw

ryanlashway

Jul 27, 2010
Here you go

Ok, so I have attached the APK I created from the instructions prior and a zip file of it.

Make sure you have gone into applications and selected UNKNOWN SOURCES

Attachments

• org.onoz.card.skipbo-1.apk
    320.4 KB · Views: 4,520
  • org.onoz.card.skipbo-1.apk.zip
    307.5 KB · Views: 1,904

ajd2416

Aug 27, 2010
Chicago
So sorry I dont, 4shared has always been a last restore. When you flashed did you do any type of back up. The game can be lost on the sd card.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

bkrodgers

Nov 27, 2007
I wonder why he had to remove it. If it's because Mattel had an issue with them marketing it as Skip Bo, that's lame. Unless they're planning to come out with one themselves or license it to someone...

skiutah1080

Oct 7, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I wonder why he had to remove it. If it's because Mattel had an issue with them marketing it as Skip Bo, that's lame. Unless they're planning to come out with one themselves or license it to someone...

Probably the same reason facebook had to get rid of the scrabulous app. Now scrabble has their stuff all over the place. I'm sure most of the major game companies have put up trademarks all over the place for all those games they manufacture, whether or not they intend on making a "mobile" version of the game. I think Mattell should pay that guy who developed the game for his hard work, pay him to improve it, then pay him royalties for when they release it to the market themselves.

kpedz

Jan 1, 2011
Thank you Ryanlashway

Stumbled upon this forum while looking for skipbo. Thank you so much uploading it! I can't seem to figure out how to add to the thanks meter. Would be happy to do so.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go

Ok, so I have attached the APK I created from the instructions prior and a zip file of it.

Make sure you have gone into applications and selected UNKNOWN SOURCES
    thanks meter

Let's get the thanks meter going, I need to get out of this junior member status.
    Little known solution

Any chance anybody has the Skip Bo apk? I had it on my phone but installed a custom rom last night and when I went to download it from the market this morning it was gone. Checked out the developers website/blog and he said it was taken down due to unforseen complications.
    I have a nandroid backup that has it on there but how do I get to it without doing a full restore?

--Sent from my Evo using XDA App--
    Try this if yku have skipbo.

If you have skipbo install AppBackupReinstall
    Go in, select skipbo, hit menu, select backup. Now go into your sdcard go to appbackup and post that file please.

I have been going thru withdrawal on this game.

I may have it tonight if I can walk my non tech savy brother thru this, if not I will have it on Xmast and post.