• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SKN] M2D Theme for HTC Home 2.1 [Updated 6/13/09]

Search This thread

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
Alright so I had to go back to HTC Home after running TF2D on my Titan for a while because it was just too slow and left me low on memory. So I decided to change some of the graphics to keep the M2D look on my phone since pretty much everything else is M2D themed. So if anybody else wants to use it here it is:

Final Version 6/13/09

2yobvwi.png

Installation:

- Install HTC Home cab file first if you have not done so already, soft reset.
- Go to settings, today, items tab and uncheck HTC Home.
- Copy files to "\HTCHome" folder.
- Go back into settings and check it back on.
- Soft reset if there are any issues.

For the look shown you will need poorlyduck's M2D tsk file found here:

Thread | Download

Also this looks best with glossy black bars (just makes the grays darker):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366521

Attachments

• HTCHome.zip
    295 KB · Views: 986
  • htchome-2.1-hermes-n2a.cab
    1.9 MB · Views: 803
Last edited:

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
Are you using Empex's clock? I've been looking for a better alternative but unfortunately it seems there's nothing that can make it look quite like it does on the diamond. Ipaso's is close too but the digits are separate. :-/

I'm still tweaking this so maybe if I make any noticeable changes I'll update with some extras. Thanks again for the feedback. :)

civicvx94

Dec 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
I'm not positive on which clock i'm using but the numbers are seperate..looks great tho still..I could attach the files if you wanted..
Do you know a way to make the background around the clock 100% transparent?

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
Do you know a way to make the background around the clock 100% transparent?
You mean like without the faded parts in the background? Yes, I supposed you'd just have to erase those parts in Photoshop.

what to do with the m2d tsk file? will i have to put in htc home folder?

also, how do i get the 6 tabs? i only have 4. i have the polaris, wm 6.0
You can place it anywhere on the device. Personally I keep my tsk files in the "Windows" folder since that's where the stock tsk files are stored. Just copy it to your device and execute it via file explorer, should take you to today screen. Do the same with Glossy black bars if you wish to use it.

To get 6 tabs, go to phone settings -> Today -> HTC Home tab, make sure everything is checked.

EDIT: Will upload an update tonight, still no clock but I'm working on one. I just changed the Music tab icons, the missed call icon, X button, and the alarm icon.

Last edited:

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
I just finished my Diamond-style clock for this skin. It's based on Empex's clock but I used different graphics for higher quality look and so it would match the M2D background. Will upload soon.

Also I changed the music tab progress bar to match the M2D one exactly. Here are screens:

bxvfb.png
21ngqz7.png

Unfortunately the clock only looks perfect in portrait mode. In landscape some rectangles show in blue areas.

joshzzz2001

Mar 25, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
updated skin not working

i finally got the 6-tab htc home! but when i installed your updated graphics skin, it won't work. it used to work before the update when i only had 4 tabs. i tried unchecking and checking HTC Home, soft-resetting but no help.

edit: i uninstalled the 6-tab home and back to 4 tabs. now, your updated graphics skin works. maybe the 6-tab home that i got is not compatible with yours?

Last edited:

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
I found there were some problems with my graphics because I had to re-install all my programs and the pack didn't work right for me.

New file is up now, lots of updated graphics. Try reinstalling Home, download the new file in my first post, then apply.

I also added the cab file I use now. Try that one.

Last edited:

MarcoPolo78

Sep 8, 2008
Fort Wayne,IN
Love it ! .... But

Was wondering if we could get just a few different colors ? like
Red or Black ? Talking about the bar underneath the clock and also the highlight color when you press a tab . :)