• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[SKN] WM6.5 Chome V3[5/25] SPB 3 V2[5/5] Titanium[5/28] Taskbars. Compatibility Fix!

Search This thread

Reefermattness

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
This is a taskbar for Windows Mobile 6.5 to match the new Chome theme and icons! After a couple of weeks of smashing my head into a wall i believe (cross your fingers) that i have eliminated the bugs with compatibility on other phones for V3! Enjoy!

NOTE:The HTC Dialer must be enabled for this taskbar to work!
Taken from FInixNOver's thread about taskbar customization
This is not an application; it’s just aesthetics, so no extra memory will be consumed.

Whether your device is running an official ROM or a cooked ROM, it may not work until you install the sdkcerts.cab. This cab will only set your device to accept the digital signature used to sign phcanOverbmp.dll and the other modified dll’s, so the device can be able to display the icons.

Do this at your own risk! I cannot be held responsible if you brick your device. I'm just supplying information from my own and others experience.

FOR WM6.1 USERS:
This is made to match up with the 6.5 home screen, and only fully works on a 6.5 ROM. It will install on 6.1 ROMs, but you will be missing a few things skinned not allowed by 6.1. The stock white icons will be there instead and the "x" icons will be very big.

The screen shot is a bit blurry from the program i get them from, but i assure you the icons are not.

download here: This cab is uninstallable.

---Windows Mobile 6.5 Chome Taskbar V3(5/25) - NEW COLORED SIGNAL BARS HERE!

65ChomeTBV2-1.png

SDKCerts.cab

This cab for my taskbar is uninstallable.

New icons are in order of the rows from the screenshots, from top to bottom:
I did also change the network globe which is not in the screenshots. Easier to see signal bars.
Bold = Changed in V2

1. Missed Call, new more colorful globe, Volume on, New "X" button
2. New Voicemail
3. New Alarm, New Activesync connected, No signal/Plane Mode on
4. Multiple Notifications, New Vibrate on
5. New SMS
6. New BT Headset, Found New WiFi, Sound Mute
7. New BT on, Sending MMS
8. New BT Discoverable, Downloading MMS
9. New Roaming, Send MMS Complete
10. New MMS
11. New Email

Dont like the changes?
Normally i would say, "Tough!" but I like most of you guys so here are the old releases: :)
------------------------------------------
---Windows Mobile 6.5 Chome Taskbar V2[MJG](5/5) - THIS LINK FOR GRAY SIGNAL BARS
---Windows Mobile 6.5 Chome Taskbar V2[MJG](5/5) - NEW COLORED SIGNAL BARS HERE!
---WM6.5 Chome V1(4/27)

I was not going to include a donation button, but I was encouraged to add this by a friend. I do not require, or expect donations.
If you are still feeling compelled, as i have been in the past, then donations are a great way to show appreciation for someone else hard work.
Thank You!

Last edited:

Reefermattness

Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
[SKN] WM6.5 SPB MS3 Taskbar Icons (5/5) V2

OK! This one is for all those new fans of SPB Mobile Shell 3. I am still trying to find a good missed call, and voice mail icon. In the mean time they are the same icons as in my WM6.5 Chome Taskbar, in above post. Over time i will be changing small things to complete this taskbar!

WORKING ON COMPATIBILITY FIX FOR V3. WILL UPDATE SOON!!!!!
---Windows Mobile 6.5 SPB MS3 Taskbar V2[MJG] - THIS LINK FOR GRAY SIGNAL BARS
---Windows Mobile 6.5 MS3 Taskbar V2[MJG] - NEW COLORED SIGNAL BARS HERE!!!!!!!

spb.png

V2 NEW NETWORK ICONS I made these, and I am revising them. I may add color, I may not. Just wanted to let you guys get a feel for what i was working on. :)
Voice Command, New 'X' Icon
Multiple Alerts, New Vibrate Icon
Email
MMS
Download MMS
Send MMS Complete
Upload MMS
SMS, BT Discoverable
Roaming!, BT on, WiFi on, Phone Off/Plane Mode
Discovered WiFi, No WiFi Connection

Old Releases:
------------------------
SPB 3 V1[5/2] Taskbar Icons Using SlakerBoi's Network Icons

Last edited:

Reefermattness

Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
WM6.5 "Titanium" Taskbar (5/28)

After a long wait i finally have my new taskbar close enough to finished that I am going to release it for you guys. :) Sorry for the delay to any of those that have been waiting, but i really had to figure out the compatibility issues with my previous taskbars before i released yet another taskbar that crashed some Diamonds and some HDs. I believe i have all the kinks ironed out.

---WM 6.5 "Titanium" Theme Taskbar V1(5/28)

Untitled-2-1.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

xECK29x for the support and adding my taskbar to his ROM HERE.
gtrab for adding me to his "MORE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ADD-ONS & ENHANCEMENTS FOR WM6.5" post.
Tsowentasbar6v3 Base (most CDMA network icons)
Battery and BlueTooth by Misfortune
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

X2D

Jan 1, 2009
This is very good work, keep it up. Definitely looking forward to seeing where you can go with this and what else you can do.

Igoran

Sep 14, 2006
Saint-Petersburg
Very good work, especially battery meter! But the radio strength icon is to dark grey and bad seems with the earth on the background. Also, this icons is slightly small. To be good if it will be a bigger ;)

Reefermattness

Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Looks awesome, any timeframe for release?:D

Quite possibly today, but no promises. I seem to have tracked down the bug, and that it was more only on a certain build of 6.5. All the new ones seem to be working as it should.

I really like the CHome icon theme. Does it include the CDMA Ev and 1x icons? Thx.

Yes the Ev and 1x icons for Chome are skinned as in Tsowens taskbar, follow the link in my main posts to see what they will look like. :)

garsim

Jan 4, 2008
Ok guys here is my first release of my WM 6.5 Chome Taskbar. I have used the base of tsowen so if the network icons look familiar that may be why. Thanks to him, and to the guys who made this possible and answered stupid questions for me. :D

wow:eek:
i want this taskbar on my i780 with 128dpi, can i rename all files *.192* in *.128* ?! or also must i resize all images?! :(

thank you!

Reefermattness

Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Colored icons

I know the gray signal strength icons are hard to see on some backgrounds, so i made some revisions and make colored icon bars. I will post screenshots soon. In the mean time i will explain. They are the same grey icons, i just colorized them, and made them bigger, so that you can tell signal strength at just a glance. 1 red bar, 2 orange bars, 3 yellow bars, 4 green, 5 bright green.

Im tired so thats all you get for now, if you want to see what it looks like download the cab and install it and im sure you will be please.

slawcop`

Jan 17, 2008
Texas
www.4shared.com
I normally dont put post like this in threads, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed both task bars and wanted to thank you for your work on it. It is very nice and much appreciated...look forward to other releases...thanks

Reefermattness

Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Very nice coloured signal bars, I love them :)

Would it be possible to not make the signal bars turn grey during a call?

It would be great if they remained in colour?

Good idea my friend!

I normally dont put post like this in threads, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed both task bars and wanted to thank you for your work on it. It is very nice and much appreciated...look forward to other releases...thanks

Thank you for the support slaw. Very much appreciated.

ktsak

Nov 20, 2006
Thessaloniki
www.macuse.net
OK! This one is for all those new fans of SPB Mobile Shell 3. I am still trying to find a good missed call, and voice mail icon. In the mean time they are the same icons as in my WM6.5 Chome Taskbar, in above post. Over time i will be changing small things to complete this taskbar!
---Windows Mobile 6.5 SPB MS3 Taskbar V2[MJG]---
Windows Mobile 6.5 MS3 Taskbar V2[MJG] NEW COLORED NETWORK BARS HERE!!!!!!!
SPB 3 V1[5/2] Taskbar Icons Using SlakerBoi's Network Icons

My friend, in your previous post (#1) you say that the cab is uninstallable. Does this also affect the cab attached in post #2 ? Regards from Greece and THANK you for your work :)