Skydragon or Oxyslim?

Search This thread

demongokul

Dec 3, 2012
Chennai
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I am currently rooted and on hydrogen OS. I am not comfortable with the notifications thing or with the RAM management thing (If I close an app via recent app it closes the process completely, thus i don't get any notifications from the app). So thought of flashing a more global user friendly custom ROM. Only these two have all sensors working since they are based on Oxygen OS. Any advice would be good.

Cusciify

Jan 8, 2015
Hi, i can help you!
I tried the two ROM (with boeffla kernel 1.1 beta 3) and:
-if you want something with more performance and more similar to OOs flash skydragon (99000 antutu);
- -if you want something more dark with theme and something that works a little better than skydragon and OOs flash oxyslim (81000 antutu).
This is what i obtain with benchmark and my experience so feel free to flash what do you prefer! And always, good flash!

Last edited:

Jr173

Nov 2, 2015
I prefer oxyslim; scored 98700 on Antutu using the lateset boeffla kernel which it comes with i believe. also seemed less buggy then skydragon and you can use the 2 extra zips from skydragon the rounded coners and s quartz with oxyslim :)

VampireHeart

Jan 13, 2015
Viterbo
OnePlus Nord 3 / Ace 2V
I have tried the two roms and after many tests i choiced Skydragon v 3.1, fast, stable and vey good battery, similar antutu scores between 95000 and 96000 but isn't really important, on Oxyslim battery drain is bigger.
Also on Skydragon we can apply dark themes from Maurydes, transparent and colors, very beautiful.

sewer56lol

I have tried the two roms and after many tests i choiced Skydragon v 3.1, fast, stable and vey good battery, similar antutu scores between 95000 and 96000 but isn't really important, on Oxyslim battery drain is bigger.
Also on Skydragon we can apply dark themes from Maurydes, transparent and colors, very beautiful.
Who said you can't apply the theme elsewhere? There's no actual potential framework or SystemUI changes that could potentially at all affect themability, I moved to using the stock framework-res, just optimised in terms of images and with the replacement of the default wallpapers.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Hi, i can help you!
I tried the two ROM (with boeffla kernel 1.1 beta 3) and:
-if you want something with more performance and more similar to OOs flash skydragon (99000 antutu);
- -if you want something more dark with theme and something that works a little better than skydragon and OOs flash oxyslim (69000 antutu).
This is what i obtain with benchmark and my experience so feel free to flash what do you prefer! And always, good flash!

Not a single ROM on the OP2 should score as low as 69K, you probably throttled a lot during your tests, this may sound ridiculous but try making sure your phone is 100% cool before beginning to bench and bench the device after a clean boot in a freezer (crazy, I know), if you want a fair comparison, truth is you should find not so large difference, it'll very likely be pretty negligible (+- 0.5-2%).

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Memento on battery life, worth the read: http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-2/development/rom-oxyslim-t3278169/post64515339#post64515339

It should basically be the same no matter whether you use a custom ROM or stock OOS, pretty much all of battery drained almost entirely depends on user config (kernel, wakelocks, apps) and users' actions.

Just randomly popped into this section of the for fun, hope I could somehow have helped.

Last edited:

Cusciify

Jan 8, 2015
Who said you can't apply the theme elsewhere? There's no actual potential framework or SystemUI changes that could potentially at all affect themability, I moved to using the stock framework-res, just optimised in terms of images and with the replacement of the default wallpapers.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Not a single ROM on the OP2 should score as low as 69K, you probably throttled a lot during your tests, this may sound ridiculous but try making sure your phone is 100% cool before beginning to bench and bench the device after a clean boot in a freezer (crazy, I know), if you want a fair comparison, truth is you should find not so large difference, it'll very likely be pretty negligible (+- 0.5-2%).

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Memento on battery life, worth the read: http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-2/development/rom-oxyslim-t3278169/post64515339#post64515339

It should basically be the same no matter whether you use a custom ROM or stock OOS, pretty much all of battery drained almost entirely depends on user config (kernel, wakelocks, apps) and users' actions.

Just randomly popped into this section of the for fun, hope I could somehow have helped.

@sewer56lol i reflash oxyslim with boeffla and do another benchmark with the same configurazione i have in skydragon and i have just a bit improvement (81000 vs 80000 OOs stock). I like very much the oxyslim ROM but for the moment i prefer to stay with skydragon, maybe when the 2 roms recive upgrade to OOs 3.0 base i will return to oxyslim!

sewer56lol

@sewer56lol i reflash oxyslim with boeffla and do another benchmark with the same configurazione i have in skydragon and i have just a bit improvement (81000 vs 80000 OOs stock). I like very much the oxyslim ROM but for the moment i prefer to stay with skydragon, maybe when the 2 roms recive upgrade to OOs 3.0 base i will return to oxyslim!

I got 98k last time I tested personally, though not perfectly setup for the bench, all depends on user, device binning, throttle amount and BG apps etc. :^).

Though that was a decent while ago - I'm waiting to mod MM personally too :D.

Some guy had 103k, most typically 95-97k.

Have fun on the Skydragon team meanwhile :).

Reactions: Cusciify

VampireHeart

Jan 13, 2015
Viterbo
OnePlus Nord 3 / Ace 2V

I never say that on OxySlim or Skydragon rom, Oxygen OS based, we can't apply themes, I say only that Maurydes have created specifically for rro layers some Themes.
If you try to apply a lot of themes for rro layers, many of these doesn't work or make the SistemUI black and is necessary to go in recovery and delete relative files.

For the battery drain I'm sure, I have tried the two Rom with the same apps, utilities plus xposed framework and greenify plus appopps, no custom kernels or other changes.
In Skydragon rom battery drain was better.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I got 98k last time I tested personally, though not perfectly setup for the bench, all depends on user, device binning, throttle amount and BG apps etc. :^).

Though that was a decent while ago - I'm waiting to mod MM personally too :D.

Some guy had 103k, most typically 95-97k.

Have fun on the Skydragon team meanwhile :).