• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

SkyGo app detected root!

Search This thread

nevusZ

Jan 6, 2011
Guys, i finally found a method that should work for all. It is pretty simple, so let me know if this actually works for you too.

1) Root your phone with Magisk (of course).

2) Install F-Droid and download and install the app called "App Manager" (God bless its dev!).

3)Open the App Manager, click on $kygo :p and navigate to the "Services" tab. Here you have to block the service highlited in the screenshot below (simply click on the crossed out circle icon) and apply the rules from the 3 dots menu on the upper right corner. You may want to block trackers, receivers and ads services as well (i did it), but that is not necessary and can lead to crash and app malfunction.

View attachment 5254911
4) Enjoy.
So great! Thanks alot!

Also working with sky x app
Mipad 4 lineageos 18.1

fastleo63

Nov 26, 2009
Ferrara
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Poco F3
Guys, i finally found a method that should work for all. It is pretty simple, so let me know if this actually works for you too.

2) Install F-Droid and download and install the app called "App Manager" (God bless its dev!).

3)Open the App Manager, click on $kygo :p and navigate to the "Services" tab. Here you have to block the service highlited in the screenshot below (simply click on the crossed out circle icon) and apply the rules from the 3 dots menu on the upper right corner. You may want to block trackers, receivers and ads services as well (i did it), but that is not necessary and can lead to crash and app malfunction.

View attachment 5254911
4) Enjoy.
Working on my POCO F3 (latest MIUI 12.5.1 Global), but I had to change Magisk Manager (v23.0) package name (for me it wasn't necessary to disable it). Sky Go version: 21.5.1.

Last edited:

beardymarrow

Oct 23, 2011

View attachment 5254911
4) Enjoy.
Works perfectly in the UK on a oneplus 6t. Thank you!

cinghialozzo

Aug 1, 2021
Hi everyone.

My second phone is an old Samsung Galaxy S6. I'm an historical sports event collector (private use) and I used it to record Sky Go through Magisk (MagiskHide +Magisk hider) and its module that disables Flag Secure. It worked until Android 7 was my OS, but it was pretty cumbersome because I couldn't record internal audio and there was the annoying 4GB limit (Fat32).
So I decided to install Android 11. I solved both problem (I tested with other apps), but unfortunately Sky Go doesn't work anymore because now it detectes root ("App is not supported on rooted Android devices. Error code: 99z).

I tried to solve in some ways:
1) installing "App Manager" and disabling "VGDRM Helper Service";
2) installing Gapps (because I thought it was a Google services problem);
3) clearing data and cache of Sky Go and of the whole phone.

This methods didn't help me and now I don't know how to solve this problem.
Can you help me?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Pig2008

Jul 11, 2017
Is there a method for this or I'll have to invest in IPTV again. Can someone not create a little video of how they have been able to get the app working on a rooted device. Also BT sport UK doesn't even get to the login page. Every other steaming app works from netfli to prime to d+

kanon75

Aug 28, 2021

View attachment 5254911
4) Enjoy.
Thanks! Work with S21 Ultra with BeyondRom

palmtur

May 13, 2021
Did anyone debug this app with idapro e.g.?
I think if apk is traced app crashes and so I cannot debug so files inside....

How to mod apk and resign in order to server accepts this modded app?
Where in apk vgd helper service is called?
Thanks

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2

View attachment 5254911
4) Enjoy.
Wow! Awesome hack! Good detective work! Thank you so much!! This works on my POCO F3 with the NOW TV app as well! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot_20210320-105019626.jpg

4) Enjoy.
    Hi everyone i have a problema using SkyGo app on my device because It detects the root. I renamed magisk , used magisk Hide , tried magiskhide props config , tried to delete cache and re-install SkyGo app but nothing worked...any solution?

Device: mi 9
    Miumix 12 20.5.28
    Magisk 20.4
    Magisk manager 7.5.1
    It detects the manager, even with different name. Can we use xprivacylua or sudohide module to hide the app completely? Because it seems that it's not a filename or app-name, it's the running process.
    Using my app VD INFOS you can see every detectable thing. (Root/Magisk/Xposed/Riru/and others.)
    And then you can fix what needs to be fixed.

View attachment 5254911
    4) Enjoy.
    That is a magnificent piece of detective work! It works perfectly for me LG G5 H850 Android 8.0 Magisk rooted. It also works for Now TV app from Sky on the same, which has more recently adopted the same Magisk detection functionality. Note the 'Isolated process' flag against the offending service - this scholarly article explains how isolated processes can detect Magisk as currently set up: https://medium.com/csg-govtech/diving-down-the-magisk-rabbit-hole-aaf88a8c2de0
    Nope. I just temporary disabled Magisk and it worked.

PS. I forgot to say that i used also AppOpsX and App Manager to disable all unnecessary permissions, so i guess something similar to XprivacyLua.
    No, it is not similar.
    XprivacyLua keeps feeding apps with fake data.
    AppOps disables methods totally.
    Methods, receivers, broadcaster, alarms, and other things does NOT need to be disabled.
    Eventually it crashes the app.