Skype ASUS Transformer!

Search This thread

iamodogg

Mar 20, 2006
Just arrived via email! Looks like you can just get it from market?

Has anyone tested this with the transformer? I will shortly.

Actually for all Android devices past 2.3?

http://my.email.skype.com/r/BMW6SCV/94PHN0/GF0DIT6/K1NZVJN/9YS4NN/DX/h

Funny because I was just circling back on this topic today and was actually going to try installing my working modified skype, for HTC Thunderbolt, on my Transformer..

Last edited:
Reactions: VanZanEP

aibo

Sep 15, 2007
wrong title. No it doesn't have video calling on honeycomb, look at the compatibility list.

iamodogg

Mar 20, 2006
Bummer.. Guess I was a little too excited.. The email sent to me didn't say anything about specific models..

koleno

Oct 1, 2009
... please just remove / rename the thread to make clear that THERE IS NO SKYPE with working VIDEO yet ...

Lohmatiy

Jan 26, 2009
NOT about VIDEO

Not sure that it's the right topic, but since it's called "Skype ASUS Transformer" I'll try to ask this question.

I'm using Skype to make phone calls abroad, and I use it with a wired headset (earphones with mic). SO, the problem is that I can't make Skype sound any louder (or quieter for that matter) . I can barely hear people I talk to. I tried to move around all sliders in Setting --> Sound --> Volume, but it doesn't affect the other people voice I hear through Skype... The hard buttons for Volume +/- doesn't seem to affect the Skype Volume either.

Anybody encountered this problem? Am I missing something / stupid? Is it normal for all skype users?

lsu1981

Aug 16, 2010
Same issues - built in speaker/mic have way to low a sound to be usable with Skype. Same issue with bluetooth. Wired headset is usable if in a quiet place but no volume control.

jemarti

Mar 22, 2010
Aliso Viejo
If the sound is too low, and you have a rooted TF, you might want to try Voodoo Control, which is available through the market. Voodoo Control will let you boost the volume level beyond what is allowed via the standard volume controls.

Hacker_sallu

Sep 23, 2007
Edison, NJ
www.amway.com
Yes, video call is working with the new update with the Revolution HD 1.2.2 :) You'll need to enable video calling because it is disabled by default. Also support automatic rotation!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Ur correct. The new 2.5 update supports video on Honeycomb Tab Including our Asus Transformer.

Just need to go in settings and enable it.

Whoaa...m soo happy...

pedxing

Jun 22, 2010
For those who say it's working: You're not getting the audio problem (sound level is very low/weak)? Video is perfect. Can barely hear anything.

If sound is ok for you, can you describe your setup? (Rooted with Voodoo fix or something else)

jpalcantara

May 19, 2008
Yes I do have very weak sound.. Even with the headset!!

Yes I do have very weak sound.. Even with the headset!! or reboot...

For those who say it's working: You're not getting the audio problem (sound level is very low/weak)? Video is perfect. Can barely hear anything.

If sound is ok for you, can you describe your setup? (Rooted with Voodoo fix or something else)

Top Liked Posts