Skyrocket Battery - Charging Tips

Search This thread

markrayski9

Sep 19, 2013
I am receiving a new phone battery in the mail for my i727 since my old one won't last at all.

Do you guys have any tips for me on how to charge my battery so that I keep my charge for the longest time possible without damaging or ruining the battery in any way?

rpr69

Dec 21, 2011
Brampton
I am receiving a new phone battery in the mail for my i727 since my old one won't last at all.

Do you guys have any tips for me on how to charge my battery so that I keep my charge for the longest time possible without damaging or ruining the battery in any way?

Define 'won't last at all'? How much time do you get on the battery now? It rarely has anything to do with charging, unless you use some crappy charger that blasts high amperage current at it. Battery drain is almost always because of either a wakelock preventing deep sleep, or an app running in the background chewing up CPU, and thus battery. For me there were 3 culprits, 1) some chargers (specifically Apple compatible ones) cause a wakelock on 'vm_bus_present'. If you see this, reboot after charging to clear it and get a different charger. 2) Corrupt media data that causes the media scanning process to continually spin CPU. Clear data and cache for the media app. 3) Bluetooth crashes, and the you get a 'bluesleep' wakelock. Reboot until Bluetooth stops crashing, usually for me it only takes one.

CPU Spy and Better Battery Stats are your friends. See the Battery pinned topic, this is covered in much more detail there.

markrayski9

Sep 19, 2013
I'm not sure it matters about my old one.
I just need to know how to charge my new one. Everyone talks about how they charge their battery, and I want to hear how.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

rpr69

Dec 21, 2011
Brampton
I just need to know how to charge my new one. Everyone talks about how they charge their battery, and I want to hear how.

I plug in my phone at night, and I unplug it in the morning. I don't think it gets any more complicated than that.

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012

You plug it in and when it says battery full you unplug the cord.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

azraell33

Jan 23, 2010
Moore
Nothing mysterious about charging a phone. Seems like there were some complex charging rituals way back when but they have since been proven BS. That being said, If you normally run your phone down by mid day because you play with it all morning no fancy charging ritual is going to help you.