Skyworth hp4024 (hp40a)

Search This thread

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Hi guys. I have a Skyworth hp4024 (hp40a) which is the same as Strong Leap-s1 or Mecool KM2. It is probably based on s905x2 and the RAM is DDR4 - at least that's what the system info on the box says. I got it from my iptv provider but I can't get out of a factory launcher so the box is useless except for iptv. There is no reset button, developer options can't be enabled because it says 'developer options are not available for this user' so I can't connect to it via adb. Can you help me figure out short pins on the box? I tried shorting some but the box wasn't recognised in the burning tool.

PXL_20220402_084741661.jpg PXL_20220402_084704078.jpg

D

Deleted member 11959327

Last edited by a moderator:

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Thanks. I tried replacing some files in the ota.zip and flashing it via update menu entry but it wouldn't install because it wasn't signed with the proper keys probably.

lilici

Sep 5, 2010
Hi guys. I have a Skyworth hp4024 (hp40a) which is the same as Strong Leap-s1 or Mecool KM2. It is probably based on s905x2 and the RAM is DDR4 - at least that's what the system info on the box says. I got it from my iptv provider but I can't get out of a factory launcher so the box is useless except for iptv. There is no reset button, developer options can't be enabled because it says 'developer options are not available for this user' so I can't connect to it via adb. Can you help me figure out short pins on the box? I tried shorting some but the box wasn't recognised in the burning tool.

View attachment 5577423 View attachment 5577425
Try to enter android settings menu by pressing #1397# on remote

lilici

Sep 5, 2010

View attachment 5577423 View attachment 5577425
For recovery mode put together this two pins

Attachments

• IMG-074977572b91106e2ca342f205044ab6-V.jpg
    IMG-074977572b91106e2ca342f205044ab6-V.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 1,453

scatteril

Mar 28, 2013
I do have the same thing with similar version of skyworth tv box.
20220707_170103.jpg
20220707_170112.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to hard reset the device. And there is no reset button

Any idea how to reset the device?

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
After full upgrade, it's impossible to return to the previous version even after reset.

scatteril

Mar 28, 2013
After full upgrade, it's impossible to return to the previous version even after reset.
The company issued an update that blocks activating the developer mode. With the setting and with developer tool app (which gives a black screen)
The whole thing I'm trying is to go activate the developer options back either by going back one update or activating the developer options somehow.

Any help and I'll be very greatful

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Maybe only if you have the zip of the previous firmware with the developer options. My box is also locked. There is a secret menu, you activate developer options but they are disabled. It says 'not available for this user'

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Functioner
    It would be nice to continue working on a solution to enable adb on the factory rom so it's publicly available to everyone. I tried modifying /data/system/users/0/package-restrictions.xml or settings_global.xml from twrp but the changes get overwritten on normal boot.
    @Urke2207
    @Stefan781

Will post some serious progress soon.
    100% sure we will unlock it.

On the sideline, it is beyond very unfair from users:

that they are keeping everything to themselves!
    Forum moderators should not be allowing this kind of behavior as it should not be the case that within the same thread same issue needs to be resolved repeatedly. If I were incharge monetising soultions from this forum would be severly punished.
    This is your first post on the forum and you already ask for something. Personally, I won't share anything. You just wait for ready-made solution without spending even a moderate amount of effort.
    Your effort is using somebody elses effort - namely Functioners effort who was guiding you in every step of the process.
    And unlike him who was selfless with you, you get offended by the idea of sharing things with others - which is exactly what these forums are for, to save effort for the rest of open source community and to offer ready-made solutions once they are ready. It is not only for you individually to get what you need!
    Hello everyone,

Can someone help me to Enter Android Recovery Mode on Skyworth HP4024 ?

Please assist.
    Hi you just unzip attached zip to fat32 formated USB drive
    and boot the system from USB2.0 (bower off device and insert the fat32 usb drive conncted to the usb2.0 near sd card and then normally boot the device the will reboot to recovery mood)
    what is talking about

I'm able to count asterisks, and yet I still replied to your rude post with the information that you requested.

On the sideline, it is beyond very unfair from users:

What have I done that was beyond very unfair? I participated in this thread with the sole purpose of being helpful. My entire thought process, from beginning to end, is right here in this thread for everyone to read.

that they are keeping everything to themselves!

There is nothing for me to keep to myself. There would be no benefit for me to do so. I don't own the device in question. I worked solely based off information that others posted, for a total of only a few days.

My findings were no more that what I posted in this thread. The OP made some independent finding that is not for me to appropriate and publish unilaterally.

Apparently your position is that it is beyond very unfair of me not to appropriate and publish someone else's finding when they have chosen not to do so themselves?
    D
    Deleted member 11959327
    its still recognized from the usb burning tool if i could make rom img from the super backup it will be great
    It won't work because that is the password protected type of worldcup connection. There are two types of worldcup connections. For this device, only the second type (with the uart response shown) can work because of the password protection.

I've used this method, so I know that it works. Did you have the bootloader start at 0h offset or 200h offset?

To be sure, you can dump the whole emmc to a micro sd card.