Skyworth hp4024 (hp40a)

Search This thread

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Suppose we manage to decrypt the bootloader and have the official ota.zip. What would the next steps be?

Stefan781

May 18, 2022
I tried to decrypt but this problem occurs.
IMG_20220805_125651.jpg

Kubanac

Oct 19, 2007
Because I have a direct access now to a emmc thru external reader. I can extract system and vendor partition from dump, unpack them, make some changes (change launcher, enable developers options) repack and flash it back for test.
If you guys wont to help I will send you a dump.
Note that my device runs android 9 not 10.

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
You will brick the box that way. Verified boot is active and when partition hashes don't match, the box won't boot. I tried it and bricked it. The only way seems to be to decrypt the bootloader but password is required 😕 😔

Kubanac

Oct 19, 2007
You will brick the box that way. Verified boot is active and when partition hashes don't match, the box won't boot. I tried it and bricked it. The only way seems to be to decrypt the bootloader but password is required 😕 😔
Can we use a bootloader from another s905x2 device?
How do Aidan's rom works on most of these devices?

D

Deleted member 11959327

I tried to decrypt but this problem occurs.

When usb download mode is protected by a password, the bootrom dumping script won't work. Most certified devices do protect usb download mode with a password.

Skyworth devices do use fatload during every boot to check for files on usb devices:

Starting the controller
USB XHCI 1.10
scanning bus 0 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
scanning usb for storage devices... init_part() 282: PART_TYPE_DOS
1 Storage Device(s) found
** Unable to read file /skyworth/factory_mode/uboot/check_udisk.cfg **
[sk_usb_cfg_init,422]load file "/skyworth/factory_mode/uboot/check_udisk.cfg" from u disk failed!

The recent exploit for the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) uses a fatload exploit that allows arbitrary code execution. It's possible that this exploit could be leveraged to dump the bootrom on these skyworth devices, but it would be a lot of work.

D

Deleted member 11959327

Because I have a direct access now to a emmc thru external reader. I can extract system and vendor partition from dump, unpack them, make some changes (change launcher, enable developers options) repack and flash it back for test. Note that my device runs android 9 not 10.

It's true that changing any of the system partitions is unlikely to work and is difficult to reverse.

However, since you have a full emmc dump with a working OS, you can always start over by writing back the whole emmc image. So, this gives you more flexibility to try risky things.

Would you post details about which reader you use and how you connect it to the board?

Kubanac

Oct 19, 2007
ied boot is active and when partitio

It's true that changing any of the system partitions is unlikely to work and is difficult to reverse.

However, since you have a full emmc dump with a working OS, you can always start over by writing back the whole emmc image. So, this gives you more flexibility to try risky things.

Would you post details about which reader you use and how you connect it to the board?
Desolder, put it on external reader. Reball, solder. Advanced soldering and reballing skills needed, hotair station and soldering station and any emmc capable reader.
20220806_013404.jpg

D

Deleted member 11959327

Desolder, put it on external reader. Reball, solder. Advanced soldering and reballing skills needed, hotair station and soldering station and any emmc capable reader.

Good job, but that is an awful lot of work. I have a hot air gun but none of the rest of that suff.

Awhile back I was thinking of connecting a header so that it could be repeatedly done quickly in circuit.

I popped off the emmc from a board, just to get the trace locations. It shouldn't take more than connections to vcc, vccq, gnd, dat0, cmd, and clk. Although with only one data line it would be slow going.

But later I discovered the short method for the emmc, and also that even if the emmc becomes unbootable, it will boot from the sd card instead (if the sd card contains a dd copy of the mmcblk0 block).

Then, after booting from the sd card, I could just copy the mmcblk0 image back to the emmc, which is pretty much the same as writing the entire emmc directly.

So, I didn't think it was worth the effort to wire up in circuit access to the emmc, but others here might still find it useful.

sw-board.jpg

iAbdul

Feb 9, 2022
Hi,

Good to see you making a progress in here.

I have the same model which is HP4105-Intigral branded by "stc tv" and I want to contribute.

The box is useless without the freedom to install any apps we want, in earlier software version I was able to uninstall AppWatch so the apps I install don't get removed, and enabled Developer Mode back then, after last software update, AppWatch got installed again and can't uninstall it anymore.

Fortunately, I still have Developer Mode and ADB enabled, so I can go to recovery and fastboot mode, but I got into another problem which is the USB Port is disabled in fastboot, so I can't flash anything. I thought it was because the drivers, but it wasn't because I tried in Linux and didn't work.

Is there any approaches to make it happen?

D

Deleted member 11959327

I have the same model which is HP4105-Intigral branded by "stc tv"

The jawwy build runs android 10 so temporary ram root is possible as explained earlier. It is not possible for boxes running android 9.

Fortunately, I still have Developer Mode and ADB enabled, so I can go to recovery and fastboot mode, but I got into another problem which is the USB Port is disabled in fastboot, so I can't flash anything. I thought it was because the drivers, but it wasn't because I tried in Linux and didn't work.

Most likely it is the otg_device setting. 0 is host, 1 is slave.

Unfortunately it will probably require shorting the eemc to change the setting.

D

Deleted member 11959327

Has anyone found the eMMC short pin?

See here. But it takes trial and error to get a good burn mode connection on any given attempt. Sometimes the short will result in a dfu (usbdl mode) connection, which won't work. So you may need to try repeatedly to get a working burn mode connection by tapping the points during the early boot process.

Reactions: rompo6 and iAbdul

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Urke2207
    @Stefan781

Will post some serious progress soon.
    100% sure we will unlock it.

On the sideline, it is beyond very unfair from users:

that they are keeping everything to themselves!
    Forum moderators should not be allowing this kind of behavior as it should not be the case that within the same thread same issue needs to be resolved repeatedly. If I were incharge monetising soultions from this forum would be severly punished.
    This is your first post on the forum and you already ask for something. Personally, I won't share anything. You just wait for ready-made solution without spending even a moderate amount of effort.
    Your effort is using somebody elses effort - namely Functioners effort who was guiding you in every step of the process.
    And unlike him who was selfless with you, you get offended by the idea of sharing things with others - which is exactly what these forums are for, to save effort for the rest of open source community and to offer ready-made solutions once they are ready. It is not only for you individually to get what you need!
    Hello everyone,

Can someone help me to Enter Android Recovery Mode on Skyworth HP4024 ?

Please assist.
    Hi you just unzip attached zip to fat32 formated USB drive
    and boot the system from USB2.0 (bower off device and insert the fat32 usb drive conncted to the usb2.0 near sd card and then normally boot the device the will reboot to recovery mood)
    what is talking about

I'm able to count asterisks, and yet I still replied to your rude post with the information that you requested.

On the sideline, it is beyond very unfair from users:

What have I done that was beyond very unfair? I participated in this thread with the sole purpose of being helpful. My entire thought process, from beginning to end, is right here in this thread for everyone to read.

that they are keeping everything to themselves!

There is nothing for me to keep to myself. There would be no benefit for me to do so. I don't own the device in question. I worked solely based off information that others posted, for a total of only a few days.

My findings were no more that what I posted in this thread. The OP made some independent finding that is not for me to appropriate and publish unilaterally.

Apparently your position is that it is beyond very unfair of me not to appropriate and publish someone else's finding when they have chosen not to do so themselves?
    D
    Deleted member 11959327
    its still recognized from the usb burning tool if i could make rom img from the super backup it will be great
    It won't work because that is the password protected type of worldcup connection. There are two types of worldcup connections. For this device, only the second type (with the uart response shown) can work because of the password protection.

I've used this method, so I know that it works. Did you have the bootloader start at 0h offset or 200h offset?

To be sure, you can dump the whole emmc to a micro sd card.