Skyworth hp4024 (hp40a)

Search This thread

mazjed

Jul 31, 2006
Hi i have the hph07 the one with all the ports but its running android 8 with full access to the settings, and developer mode free to enable, it can be sellected custom launcher (but needs to press a custom programed button on the remote right after it start the android os, becuse im forced to keep the main iptv app and dont touch it in order to dont avoid the warranty from the cable provider) i have a little strugle bc i want to install android tv or something that works with chromecast bc in the site manufactuare has a lable chromecast enabled but mine dosent have it for the fact that it is android not android tv, you can enable adb on it, all that without even openig it (it has a skyworth testing software and other left over from the testing proces) in the developer mode has some processes that some of them idk for what they are it can kill the processes and still works, one of them is skyworth update software runnig 24/7, in the left over testing stuff is a flashing tool for the hdcp, and hardware testing software, it can sideload apps without a problem, i will love to share a firmware dump but i really dont want to open the stb, i will buy one second Hand and test further on that, if anyone has an intrest of me sending one second hand box to them it can dm me, when the chromecast bilt in app is instaled it shows untrusted device so idk, thats all i have for now, any questions below i will respond as soon as posible

Some pictures from what i have done to my box and what i saved from the left overs:

Hi buddy you can try

1001 TVs it support HPH07 for casting

dankatapich

Feb 17, 2023
Is there any way to just install apps without rooting it? I don't wanna mess it up since it's my TV providers box. Anything risk free?
#1397# and then find storage plug a usb drive and open in from the settings it will launch file browser the just install what you want (that worked for me)

Last edited:

mazjed

Jul 31, 2006
Last edited:

mazjed

Jul 31, 2006
The thing is mine dosent have it? No mater what i do it boosts directly in to the android os
what about fast boot can you go to fast boot

any how attached my recovery backup if you want to edit .

but take care these device's are easily get bricked .

Attachments

• recovery_b_2.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 626
Last edited:

dankatapich

Feb 17, 2023
what about fast boot can you go to fast boot

any how attached my recovery backup if you want to edit .

but take care these device's are easily get bricked .
Nope no mater what i try my box just boot right back in to the android even tried to deliberately to bricked while it was updating and nothing the box just strats with old version :/, probably becuse it has a copy of evrything and just boot right back up, and really old trick used by my isp on their old boxes

nik5610

Mar 30, 2023
Hi mazjed,

i have the same box as yours. Strong Leap-s1.
with you help and the one of zeus (other forum) i managed to boot from usb.

what's now missing seems to be a good dtb

i'm stuck on this:
Code:
[rsvmem] get fdtaddr NULL!
rsvmem - reserve memory

Usage:
rsvmem check                   - check reserved memory
rsvmem dump                    - dump reserved memory

rsvmem check failed

any idea?

no worries about the aarch linux - i get the same results with armbian

Thanks
Nik

Code:
hdmitx: set enc for VIC: 16
enc_vpu_bridge_reset[1319]
rx version is 1.4 or below  div=10
Net:   dwmac.ff3f0000M...33:01(from chipid)

Hit Enter or space or Ctrl+C key to stop autoboot -- :  0
(Re)start USB...
USB0:   USB3.0 XHCI init start
Register 3000140 NbrPorts 2
Starting the controller
USB XHCI 1.10
scanning bus 0 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
       scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
Found /extlinux/extlinux.conf
Retrieving file: /extlinux/extlinux.conf
reading /extlinux/extlinux.conf
1671 bytes read in 28 ms (57.6 KiB/s)
1:      Armbian
Retrieving file: /uInitrd
reading /uInitrd
9920638 bytes read in 310 ms (30.5 MiB/s)
Retrieving file: /zImage
reading /zImage
28078592 bytes read in 830 ms (32.3 MiB/s)
append: root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0
Retrieving file: /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-beelink-gt1.dtb
reading /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-beelink-gt1.dtb
30751 bytes read in 51 ms (587.9 KiB/s)
rsvmem - reserve memory

Usage:

rsvmem check failed
## Loading init Ramdisk from Legacy Image at 03080000 ...
   Image Name:   uInitrd
   Image Type:   AArch64 Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    9920574 Bytes = 9.5 MiB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
active_slot is <NULL>
Unknown command 'store' - try 'help'
No dtbo patitions found
load dtb from 0x1000000 ......
## Flattened Device Tree blob at 01000000
   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x1000000
libfdt fdt_path_offset() returned FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND
No valid dtbo image found
libfdt fdt_path_offset() returned FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND
[rsvmem] fdt get prop fail.
   Loading Ramdisk to 3ce89000, end 3d7ff03e ... OK
   Loading Device Tree to 000000001fff5000, end 000000001ffff81e ... OK

Starting kernel ...

uboot time: 13416376 us

mazjed

Jul 31, 2006
hi Nik
the best Amlogic dtb's are attached
i believe that the MECOOL KM3 ones may work
if u want to dig more look

Attachments

• amlogic.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 172

mirosslav

May 25, 2009
I booted linux OS Armbian on Hp4024 and used meson-g12a-radxa-zero.dtb. Wifi is not working. The rest works OK.

mazjed

Jul 31, 2006
I booted linux OS Armbian on Hp4024 and used meson-g12a-radxa-zero.dtb. Wifi is not working. The rest works OK.
Try the g12a-s905l3a-e900v22c.dtb

And would you write the armbian rom you have used
so others may try

+ remember that MTEK MT7661LSN / 2144 is a bit trek.

Last edited:

nik5610

Mar 30, 2023
Hi,
@mazjed : thank you very much for the quick reply - unfortunately i had no succcess. (so far)
  • do you still have the bootloop? have you unsolderedd the pin correctly and the pullup is there, still fine? I had the same problem.
@kalehrl: with the 'switches' on the board you can stop/interrupt the normal boot.

here's what i did (had also the boot loop from mazjed)
1. you need the serial port connected. (it's written on the board, or on pictures)
  • The tty seems always to print out the boot, on another board i just took the oscilloscope and tested all the testpoints while booting until i find something looking like serial
2. you need a way to interrupt the boot process...
  • either by pressing space or ^c (commercial ones do prohibit this mostly)
  • press some kind of 'reset' switch, this looks to me more as boot-select-switch (toothpick) forcing an alternate boot order: eg sd - usb - emmc
  • on the picture below you see where i placed the switch, there is also another testpin 3 down 2 left with a pullup aside, this one i used in the first go to interrupt the boot. (the same a majed used)
  • i found that when booting i have to flip the switch 'several times' during the boot to interrupt the access to emmc - (failed boot count goes up) this way the boot is forced into 'recovery' and stops at this prompt:
3. Bingo - with this prompt your in g12a_u212_v1#
  • at this promt you can now do some thing...
  • g12a_u212_v1# printenv
    • this will print the current environment settings with things like:
    • bcb_cmd=get_avb_mode;get_valid_slot;
      boot_part=boot
      bootargs=init=/init console=ttyS0,115200 no_console_suspend earlyprintk=aml-uart,0xff803000 ramoops.pstore_en=1 ramoops.record_size=0x8000 ramoops.console_size=0x4000 loglevel=1 hdr_priority= otg_device=0 reboot_mode_android=normal logo=osd0,loaded,0x3d800000 fb_width=1920 fb_height=1080 display_bpp=16 outputmode=1080p60hz vout=1080p60hz,enable panel_type=lcd_1 lcd_ctrl=0x00000000 hdmitx=,444,8bit hdmimode=1080p60hz hdmichecksum=0x09430000 dolby_vision_on=0 frac_rate_policy=1 hdmi_read_edid=1 cvbsmode=576cvbs osd_reverse=0 video_reverse=0 irq_check_en=0 androidboot.selinux=enforcing androidboot.firstboot=1 jtag=disable androidboot.hardware=amlogic androidboot.bootloader=U-Boot 2015.01 androidboot.build.expect.baseband=N/A rootfstype=ramfs aml_dt= recovery_part=recovery recovery_offset=0
      bootcmd=run storeboot
      bootloader_version=U-Boot 2015.01
    • g12a_u212_v1#help
      ? - alias for 'help'
      aml_sysrecovery- Burning with amlogic format package from partition sysrecovery
      amlmmc - AMLMMC sub system
      amlnf - aml mtd nand sub-system
      autoscr - run script from memory
      avb - avb
      base - print or set address offset
      bcb - bcb
      bmp - manipulate BMP image data
      boot_cooling- cpu temp-system
      booti - boot arm64 Linux Image image from memory
      bootm - boot application image from memory
      bootp - boot image via network using BOOTP/TFTP protocol
      cbusreg - cbus register read/write
      chpart - change active partition

• g12a_u212_v1 #fatls usb 0 /
      dtb-6.1.11-meson64/
      dtb/
      extlinux/

• g12a_u212_v1 #fatload usb 0:1 0x1000000 u-boot.ext
    • this loads now the bootload from the usb and ends with:
      Hit Enter or space or Ctrl+C key to stop autoboot -- : 0
  • Bingo - now you should be at the odroidn2#
  • with this prompt you now have also access to set/persist the 'bios' setting for upcoming boots...
  • here i placed then:
  • odroidn2# defenv
    odroidn2# setenv bootcmd 'usb start && if fatload usb 0:1 0x1000000 u-boot.ext ; then go 0x1000000; else run storeboot; fi'
    odroidn2# saveenv
    odroidn2#reboot

• from now on the usb drive will first be consulted

one more thing: the command at #81 has a typo in: setenv start_vmmc_vautoscript "run switch_bootmode"
there are 'spaces' at the v and this will result in a failure at boot. (bootloop?)

Attachments

• DSC_1040.JPG
    DSC_1040.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Reactions: rompo6 and mazjed

nik5610

Mar 30, 2023
what's needed to boot further?
(i have tried many different dtb found this the closest E900V22C-D but it's 905L anyway - almost matching PCB )

1. I'm at the prompt:
    odroidn2#
  2. I have access to the bootprom and can persist:
    1. odroidn2#defenv
      odroidn2#setenv bootcmd 'usb start && if fatload usb 0:1 0x1000000 u-boot.ext ; then go 0x1000000; else run storeboot; fi'
      odroidn2#saveenv
  3. I can load the kernel/image/device-tree
    1. fatload usb 0:1 0x11000000 /uImage
    2. fatload usb 0:1 0x13000000 /uInitrd
    3. fatload usb 0:1 0x10000000 /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb
  4. I can set the args:
    1. setenv bootargs root=UUID=89c45261-1cd5-4b2d-9970-1b5a56ff98e2 rootflags=data=writeback console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 rw no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles
  5. and i start:
    1. booti 0x11000000 0x13000000 0x10000000
    2. Code:
      odroidn2#booti 0x11000000 0x13000000 0x10000000
      rsvmem - reserve memory

Usage:

rsvmem check failed
      Bad Linux ARM64 Image magic!

Don't get further from here :-(
any help?

Last edited:
Reactions: rompo6 and mazjed

mirosslav

May 25, 2009
I forgot which version I was using, I think it was Armbian_5.96_Aml-g12_Debian_buster_default_5.3.0-rc8_desktop_20190910.7z.
I deleted the usb drive.
You need to install Armbian on a usb flash drive from Balena, rename dtb from radaxa-zero to u-boot.ext and put it in root. Enter U-boot mote.
Type
fatload usb 0:1 0x1000000 s905_autoscript
then autoscr 0x1000000.
I'm writing this from memory and sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
Reactions: mazjed

mazjed

Jul 31, 2006
For me its just bootloop no matter whatever i do
it looks like the loader is corrupt . my emmc is getting hot
the device stuck in mask mode
i don't know how to make it life again

that's why im stuck at this point for long long time *.*

im using the Strong Leap-s1 as my main tv device so
i cant come back to the game tell i make the HP4105
back to live

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Functioner
    It would be nice to continue working on a solution to enable adb on the factory rom so it's publicly available to everyone. I tried modifying /data/system/users/0/package-restrictions.xml or settings_global.xml from twrp but the changes get overwritten on normal boot.
    @Urke2207
    @Stefan781

Will post some serious progress soon.
    100% sure we will unlock it.

On the sideline, it is beyond very unfair from users:

that they are keeping everything to themselves!
    Forum moderators should not be allowing this kind of behavior as it should not be the case that within the same thread same issue needs to be resolved repeatedly. If I were incharge monetising soultions from this forum would be severly punished.
    This is your first post on the forum and you already ask for something. Personally, I won't share anything. You just wait for ready-made solution without spending even a moderate amount of effort.
    Your effort is using somebody elses effort - namely Functioners effort who was guiding you in every step of the process.
    And unlike him who was selfless with you, you get offended by the idea of sharing things with others - which is exactly what these forums are for, to save effort for the rest of open source community and to offer ready-made solutions once they are ready. It is not only for you individually to get what you need!
    Hello everyone,

Can someone help me to Enter Android Recovery Mode on Skyworth HP4024 ?

Please assist.
    Hi you just unzip attached zip to fat32 formated USB drive
    and boot the system from USB2.0 (bower off device and insert the fat32 usb drive conncted to the usb2.0 near sd card and then normally boot the device the will reboot to recovery mood)
    what is talking about

I'm able to count asterisks, and yet I still replied to your rude post with the information that you requested.

On the sideline, it is beyond very unfair from users:

What have I done that was beyond very unfair? I participated in this thread with the sole purpose of being helpful. My entire thought process, from beginning to end, is right here in this thread for everyone to read.

that they are keeping everything to themselves!

There is nothing for me to keep to myself. There would be no benefit for me to do so. I don't own the device in question. I worked solely based off information that others posted, for a total of only a few days.

My findings were no more that what I posted in this thread. The OP made some independent finding that is not for me to appropriate and publish unilaterally.

Apparently your position is that it is beyond very unfair of me not to appropriate and publish someone else's finding when they have chosen not to do so themselves?
    D
    Deleted member 11959327
    its still recognized from the usb burning tool if i could make rom img from the super backup it will be great
    It won't work because that is the password protected type of worldcup connection. There are two types of worldcup connections. For this device, only the second type (with the uart response shown) can work because of the password protection.

I've used this method, so I know that it works. Did you have the bootloader start at 0h offset or 200h offset?

To be sure, you can dump the whole emmc to a micro sd card.