• uploadfromtaptalk1399615170467.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399615170467.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Reactions: dingokevin

th3xeroeagle

Sep 4, 2011
Montreal
Hey, it's going to be my first time ordering from slick wraps. Which skin has the best grip? And do you send those Xs with all orders?
Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

slickwraps

Dec 1, 2013
Andover
slickwraps.com
Hey, it's going to be my first time ordering from slick wraps. Which skin has the best grip? And do you send those Xs with all orders?
Thanks!

Hello,

Great News! Personally I like the Carbon Fibers for texture, others may have their personal favorite. :)

DM me your order number ASAP after you order and i'll make it happen!

Weston
Slickwraps

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
are these skins removeable... because I'm gonna get my rma and i already like the skin i have

Yes they are removable. You have to use great though so use a hair dryer and remove slowly and be careful. Take your time doing it and it works perfectly. The only part that's annoying is getting the skin to stick to the plastic that it comes in again. I haven't tried using heat to bond them. I usually put it in the package then something heavy on top for a day or two.

Reactions: anthonyly

Sammh717

Oct 10, 2009
Yeah, I just ordered as well. I must have missed the option. My order shipped already; is there a way to order some separately??

eneka

Dec 10, 2010
Hacienda Heights
So I got my Purple Glow skin today and though I'd hate to say it, I'm fairly disappointed with it.
There isn't a single piece of the wrap I'm satisfied with..

Front piece:
Aside from the screen, all the cuts for the circles aren't clean, they all have a little jagged piece sticking out and for some reason don't seem to be round.

(you can click on images for full resolution)
and sorry for the lint, that's from being min my pocket for only a day.

Side pieces:
The power button cutout is not big enough at all, same thing with the volume button. The cuts aren't clean either. Sim card enject hole isn't fully cut out either.

Top piece:
The second microphone cut out looks like it was punched through with a paper clip..

Bottom piece:
Speaker cutouts aren't clean.

Back Piece:
Camera cutout took me a while to align, it seemed too small and the edges are all jagged. The "x" on the nexus looks terrible, two of the cuts are noticeably "fatter" than the other.

I really want to like this but with these flaws it just looks terrible, the purple glow is very nice and the included screen protector feels great as well.

The night I ordered I had showed it to my friend who also bought a set, he got the blue glow ones and he messaged me today saying how disappointed he was with it as well..

from the pictures I've seen here, all the other skins seems to be better cut than mine..hopefully mine is just a fluke..
Maybe I'm just being crazy and expecting to much..

Last edited:

slickwraps

Dec 1, 2013
Andover
slickwraps.com
Hello,

I looked at the photos and I agree the cutting does look off. It most likely is a calibrating issue with the tangential cutter, as you cut see it seems the intersecting points are not meeting. This should have been found by our QI department, as every wrap is inspected by no less than three "3" people to meet our American quality standards.

I do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Please check your DM, we will have this corrected and a series of SW Nexus 5 wraps sent your way!

Thank You and Have a Great Weekend!
Weston
Slickwraps

anthonyly

Apr 20, 2012
is there anyway to get the side wraps... because mine got stretched out somehow... not gonna question how.. but i've emailed you weston weeks ago and sitll didn't get a reply about it

Deoy

Jun 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
@slickwraps thanks! I got my X's and screenguard. Awesome as always!

P.S. Any special way to apply the X? I tried applying one but horribly gon wrong :p still got the whole bunch you sent =]

slickwraps

Dec 1, 2013
Andover
slickwraps.com
is there anyway to get the side wraps... because mine got stretched out somehow... not gonna question how.. but i've emailed you weston weeks ago and sitll didn't get a reply about it

Check your inbox. We have you covered! Sorry if I missed your email.

Weston

@slickwraps thanks! I got my X's and screenguard. Awesome as always!

P.S. Any special way to apply the X? I tried applying one but horribly gon wrong :p still got the whole bunch you sent =]

Some are installing with a piece of clear tape with great success.

Post a pick once you have them installed!

Have a Good Weekend Guys! It's going to be 90º in Sunny Andover, KS today.
Weston
Slickwraps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Contest Time Again!!

I'm giving away a $25 GiftCard to Slickwraps!

Rules: Thank this Post!

Winner: We will pick 1 lucky winner of those who "Thanked" this post today at 10pm CST.

-Weston
    Slickwraps Evangelist

QoELjM8.jpg
    Contest Time!

Contest Time!

I'm giving away a $25 GiftCard to Slickwraps!

Rules: Thank this Post!

Winner: We will pick 1 lucky winner of those who "Thanked" this post today at 10pm CST.

-Weston
    Slickwraps Evangelist

pGVF8KN.jpg
    Should we do a Monday Giveaway? Thanks = YES

-Weston
    Slickwraps
    Colored X insert for the Nexus 5

Hey Everyone!

Look what was on my desk this morning! I've been waiting for production to make me a couple, but they made me hundreds & hundreds instead.

So with that said, everyone who orders this week will get a handful of these. Do what you like with them, sell, give to friends, whatever.

Shoot me your order # and i'll make sure the freebies get in the package.

Weston
    Slickwraps.com

MDyT3wM.jpg

YqSrXaw.jpg
    Alright, so I got my new Red 32GB Nexus 5 in and was going to rock it skinless for a while, but I had a @slickwraps black carbon fiber back skin waiting here. I was going to wait until my other skins arrived before choosing which one to use, but damn... I had to tame the beast. While I really like that Red, the colour is SO !@#$ing intense!! It was making my eyes bug out!! The more I looked at it, the more my eyes would freak. It's a cool colour, but definitely needs to be reigned in. The colour is exactly what I wanted, so that the NEXUS lettering really pops through the skin!

So the black carbon fiber skin went on. I first used the provided clean spray and let it dry. That's a nice touch to have that added in the package. Then it was go time! I was surprised how easy it was to do. I put some scotch tape over the NEXUS lettering so that they would stay in place and even as I applied the skin. Then I just took the tape off when I was finished. Everything went super smoothly, and I hit the corners with a hair dryer on hot for a few seconds, then smoothed it down. All in all, it took about 5 minutes to do.

**NOTE: I give myself a buzz cut every 2 weeks so I don't have much hair, let alone a hairdryer. I seriously pulled a "cup of sugar" deal and walked to my neighbours house and asked to borrow a hair dryer!! Hahaha.**

I didn't order sides or front skins because I like the face of the phone to be a nice black slab of glass! Maybe I should have gotten side skins though as now I can only use my red and white "lucency" clear bumper cases (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2690108) as the rest clash colours with the sides of the phone pretty badly.... :( I didn't take that into consideration when I wanted clear bumper cases to show off the skins on the back...

But anyway, here are a bunch of pictures of my new "Tamed Beast"! Newly skinned, slightly subdued, and popping with contrast!

You can see that the fit is perfect! There is nice wide coverage, and it lines up perfectly along the edges and around the headphone jack!
    KPXV9Ra.jpg
    akC2puF.jpg

YTohkDs.jpg
    RkBAGhi.jpg

GQJFe4w.jpg
    UPfqa68.jpg

Some macro shots to show the colours and contrast really popping! It's like the NEXUS logo projects itself and glows through the skin. And the sides look damn near Nuclear the way it's emanating! Haha
    kCPSg6r.jpg
    tWX9iQB.jpg

dixhYYu.jpg
    rmnxdYT.jpg

Here are a few with the Skin + Clear-Red Bumper Case. I love the Black and Red combo. I also really like how you can still see part of the skin shining through the case. This is just an awesome look.
    gk0pPJj.jpg
    1FNn9sM.jpg

oI57ewV.jpg

I am thoroughly satisfied. My Red phone is no longer out to blind me with its menacing neon red, the black carbon fiber looks ridiculously hot in contrast with the red phone, and the bumper just completes it with the border around the edges. Props to @slickwraps for taming the beast! I can't wait to figure out combos for my soon to arrive White Carbon Fiber and Glow Orange!