Slickwraps Orange Leather Skin

Search This thread

eTechUncut

Feb 26, 2010
Boston MA
im using the orange leather slickwrap from slickwraps.com. it has a nice leather texture and nice orange color similar to a brand new leather basketball. so far im really digging this wrap. it was easy to install. see video here. im going to use this wrap for a least a few weeks to give a more detailed review for long term use. this is a completely unbiased review. the only compensation is a free slickwrap sent to me randomly.

my thoughts so far:
the wrap offers 360 of protection and style. the package included the front, back, sides and top/bottom. there was also a nice microfiber cloth embroidered with the slickwraps.com logo an a squeegee with install directions on it. alongside the wrap, im using a tempered screen protector. when i applied the slickwrap over the tempered glass, i had to use a blow drier to soften the leather and adhesive so it molded to the curves and dips of my note 3. i feel as though the slickwrap offers good protection to the phone should you drop it from a height that it will only scuff your phone if bare. so far, this slickwrap is of good quality.

the good:
aesthetics. this slickwrap looks and feels awesome. the quality of the material used surpassed my expectations. i assumed that it was just a sticker that you peel and slap on. this is far from just a sticker. the texture is believable leather with its look and feel. the adhesive used does not leave residue when removed but yet, it stays in place. the true test of the adhesive will come soon. i always keep my phone in my front left pocket. pockets tend to accumulate debris (lent, sand, dust) and moisture (sweat). we will soon see the test of durability over time.

the bad:
my only complaint so far is the cutout strips for the sides and bottoms. the ir blaster hole was partially cut out. i had to use tweezers and an exacto knife to finish cutting out the hold. also on the strips, there is no cutouts for the many mic holes around the phone. there was only one that was cut out and its the one on the bottom next to the usb charge port. the others, i had to use a needle to pop a hole in. also with the strips, some align perfectly flush to one another ( 2 sides to top ) meet at the seams and the other (2 sides to bottom) overlap eachother. i hope over time that these overlaping pieces do not lose their grip.

conclusion:
i will report back in a week and review wear and tear... if there is any or not. also, if anything was to arise say today, i will post picts. i have it pictured with the orange smart s-view case just for comparison. i will be using the phone solo with just the wrap.

thanks for viewing. checkout the video on youtube and hit the thanks.:good:

20140330_215022.jpg

20140330_215119.jpg

20140330_215242.jpg

20140330_215356.jpg

uninstall video here

Last edited:

slickwraps

Dec 1, 2013
Andover
slickwraps.com
im using the orange leather slickwrap from slickwraps.com. it has a nice leather texture and nice orange color similar to a brand new leather basketball. so far im really digging this wrap. it was easy to install. see video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmxdu4SNpLs . im going to use this wrap for a least a few weeks to give a more detailed review for long term use. this is a completely unbiased review. the only compensation is a free slickwrap sent to me randomly.

my thoughts so far:
the wrap offers 360 of protection and style. the package included the front, back, sides and top/bottom. there was also a nice microfiber cloth embroidered with the slickwraps.com logo an a squeegee with install directions on it. alongside the wrap, im using a tempered screen protector. when i applied the slickwrap over the tempered glass, i had to use a blow drier to soften the leather and adhesive so it molded to the curves and dips of my note 3. i feel as though the slickwrap offers good protection to the phone should you drop it from a height that it will only scuff your phone if bare. so far, this slickwrap is of good quality.

the good:
aesthetics. this slickwrap looks and feels awesome. the quality of the material used surpassed my expectations. i assumed that it was just a sticker that you peel and slap on. this is far from just a sticker. the texture is believable leather with its look and feel. the adhesive used does not leave residue when removed but yet, it stays in place. the true test of the adhesive will come soon. i always keep my phone in my front left pocket. pockets tend to accumulate debris (lent, sand, dust) and moisture (sweat). we will soon see the test of durability over time.

the bad:
my only complaint so far is the cutout strips for the sides and bottoms. the ir blaster hole was partially cut out. i had to use tweezers and an exacto knife to finish cutting out the hold. also on the strips, there is no cutouts for the many mic holes around the phone. there was only one that was cut out and its the one on the bottom next to the usb charge port. the others, i had to use a needle to pop a hole in. also with the strips, some align perfectly flush to one another ( 2 sides to top ) meet at the seams and the other (2 sides to bottom) overlap eachother. i hope over time that these overlaping pieces do not lose their grip.

conclusion:
i will report back in a week and review wear and tear... if there is any or not. also, if anything was to arise say today, i will post picts. i have it pictured with the orange smart s-view case just for comparison. i will be using the phone solo with just the wrap.

View attachment 2660893

View attachment 2660894

View attachment 2660895

View attachment 2660896

Big Thanks!!

Weston
Slickwraps.com

Reactions: eTechUncut

eTechUncut

Feb 26, 2010
Boston MA
one week update for the slickwrap:

the good:
so far, this slickwrap has held up really well. the color and texture is still as vibrant as day one. my phone has seen a weeks worth of every surface imaginable. check-out counters, pants pockets, desktops, car seats, coffee tables. it has also seen lotions, hair spray, after shave and sweat, but the color remained true as day one.

the bad:
lint likes to attract around the edges. it wipes away easily though so its no big deal.

*edit: one more bad point, if you don't line up the holes where the ambient light sensor and proximity sensors are then your phone will go haywire during phone calls because it thinks that the phone is near your face.

im going to order the carbon fiber red one next. im making a youtube video of taking the slickwrap off. i want to see how easy it is and if it leaves any residue.

20140406_142857.jpg

20140406_142642.jpg

20140406_142653.jpg

20140406_142821.jpg

*sorry for the quality of the pictures. my camera broke and i had to use my galaxy s 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: justimagination

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im using the orange leather slickwrap from slickwraps.com. it has a nice leather texture and nice orange color similar to a brand new leather basketball. so far im really digging this wrap. it was easy to install. see video here. im going to use this wrap for a least a few weeks to give a more detailed review for long term use. this is a completely unbiased review. the only compensation is a free slickwrap sent to me randomly.

my thoughts so far:

the good:

the bad:

conclusion:

20140330_215022.jpg

20140330_215119.jpg

20140330_215242.jpg

20140330_215356.jpg

uninstall video here
    im using the orange leather slickwrap from slickwraps.com. it has a nice leather texture and nice orange color similar to a brand new leather basketball. so far im really digging this wrap. it was easy to install. see video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmxdu4SNpLs . im going to use this wrap for a least a few weeks to give a more detailed review for long term use. this is a completely unbiased review. the only compensation is a free slickwrap sent to me randomly.

my thoughts so far:

the good:

the bad:

conclusion:

View attachment 2660893

View attachment 2660894

View attachment 2660895

View attachment 2660896

Big Thanks!!

Weston
    Slickwraps.com
    I want one! Lol. Applied or whatever to test one in thread but I'm sure I'm a day late and $20 short lol. Looks good man!

Sent from my SM-N900V
    one week update for the slickwrap:

the good:
    so far, this slickwrap has held up really well. the color and texture is still as vibrant as day one. my phone has seen a weeks worth of every surface imaginable. check-out counters, pants pockets, desktops, car seats, coffee tables. it has also seen lotions, hair spray, after shave and sweat, but the color remained true as day one.

the bad:
    lint likes to attract around the edges. it wipes away easily though so its no big deal.

*edit: one more bad point, if you don't line up the holes where the ambient light sensor and proximity sensors are then your phone will go haywire during phone calls because it thinks that the phone is near your face.

im going to order the carbon fiber red one next. im making a youtube video of taking the slickwrap off. i want to see how easy it is and if it leaves any residue.

20140406_142857.jpg

20140406_142642.jpg

20140406_142653.jpg

20140406_142821.jpg

*sorry for the quality of the pictures. my camera broke and i had to use my galaxy s 3.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone