• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Slight shock or buzzing effect on OnePlus 5 while charging

Do you feel the shock while charging?

• Yeah, and it feels so weird to hold the phone

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Nope, are you on dream or something?

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ManikandanGuru

Aug 9, 2013
Chennai
manikandan.guru
Hi,
I have this buzz effect like slight shock in the back side of the phone while it is charging.
Devices like OP3 and OP3T is also metal and I was using the same socket and same charger, there is no shock in those devices.
It seems like only OP5 has some problem inside.
God, after that wibbly wobbly jelly scrolling effect and now this.
I hate myself for buying this device. xD

If anyone having this same issue, share it here.
My OP5's manufacturing date is 14th June 2017

flaviopereira

Sep 14, 2013
Porto
Well, i can clearly hear a buzz while charging. It's not that loud but still...a lot of issues with this phone. Bluetooth is loosing connection, Wi Fi 5 Ghz is faulty, dont have the jelly problem though.

razzorchile

Jul 16, 2012
Santiago
Hi,
I have this buzz effect like slight shock in the back side of the phone while it is charging.
Devices like OP3 and OP3T is also metal and I was using the same socket and same charger, there is no shock in those devices.
It seems like only OP5 has some problem inside.
God, after that wibbly wobbly jelly scrolling effect and now this.
I hate myself for buying this device. xD

If anyone having this same issue, share it here.
My OP5's manufacturing date is 14th June 2017

do you feel a electric vibration when you pass your hand over the back and the borders of the phone?

onlinejobwork

Aug 31, 2008
LONDON
OnePlus 8T
LMAO. ???

Either I just called the Amazon support.
I am going to return this pathetic device tomorrow for a full refund.
Guess what I am happy now. Good riddance.
It's a shame the OnePlus hyped this sht so much and failed so hard.

I would Never Settle for OnePlus ever again.
Good, btw which phone you are thinking to buy now?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

nikhil18

May 9, 2012
bangalore

OcazPrime

Mar 30, 2016
i definitely got a black sheep i guess. Lot's of complaints about this thing and i was thinking, WOW this thing is crazy good. No complaints so far. Loving the loud ass speaker! Can't hear ANYTHING on the 3T. Sometimes its nice to leave the headphones out to give my ears a well deserved rest. I work in food service you see....

Flint2

Jun 6, 2012
Buenos Aires
I dont have this issue, using a protective case :)

Like in the 3T midnight black using a case is recommended by OnePlus:
"Note: we're confident that we've innovated a superior coating process for the OnePlus 3T Midnight Black. However, micro-abrasions may result from regular use without a protective case."

Maybe OnePlus should release a statement like:
"Note: we're confident that we've innovated a superior coating process for the OnePlus 5. However, flow of high good energy and vibes may be perceived result from touching or licking the device while charging without a protective case."

ManikandanGuru

Aug 9, 2013
Chennai
manikandan.guru
If anyone want to test whether this problem is there in your phone or not, follow the steps below.

1. Put the OnePlus 5 into the charger.
2. Get the phone in your hand and hold it firmly and try to put it on the table slowly, at this time you could feel the vibration kind of thing when you sliding through the border of the phone.

I tested this with everyone around me, my colleagues, even with my neighbor too, everyone experienced the slight vibration shock on their hand while placing the phone below.

Why while placing the phone below?
Shock is everywhere on the back panel you can feel it by swiping your fingers on the back panel, the thing is you can only feel the strong vibration only when you are going to slide the phone through the border below.

Hope everyone understand this issue now.

Sharp-Razr

Jan 14, 2012
If anyone want to test whether this problem is there in your phone or not, follow the steps below.

1. Put the OnePlus 5 into the charger.
2. Get the phone in your hand and hold it firmly and try to put it on the table slowly, at this time you could feel the vibration kind of thing when you sliding through the border of the phone.

And one more thing to add here is you will not feel the mild buzzing shock if you are wearing your shoes/flip flops or are insulated from earth/ground in any manner. It is an electrical charge after all. :)

I tested this with everyone around me, my colleagues, even with my neighbor too, everyone experienced the slight vibration shock on their hand while placing the phone below.

The Amazon support person checked my OP5 and has approved a replacement. He also confirmed there are other customers who have raised the same complaint. I am now debating if I should ask for a refund instead since the replacement may have the same issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts