• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Slight shock or buzzing effect on OnePlus 5 while charging

Do you feel the shock while charging?

• Yeah, and it feels so weird to hold the phone

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Nope, are you on dream or something?

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Sharp-Razr

Jan 14, 2012
True that. I too did the same, the Sandstone case & i don't feel it anymore. In fact the sandstone case feels nice to hold too

Waited to get a Spigen case but since they haven't even introduced one yet I am considering the OP Karbon bumper case or an Otterbox . What puts me off is the pricing. A Spigen should be less expensive. Not installing a TGSP this time coz those halos are a big put off. Will wait for a halo free model.

meetpatel

Aug 27, 2014
Ahmedabad
Hi,
I have this buzz effect like slight shock in the back side of the phone while it is charging.
Devices like OP3 and OP3T is also metal and I was using the same socket and same charger, there is no shock in those devices.
It seems like only OP5 has some problem inside.
God, after that wibbly wobbly jelly scrolling effect and now this.
I hate myself for buying this device. xD

If anyone having this same issue, share it here.
My OP5's manufacturing date is 14th June 2017
Oneplus will say its "Natural"
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...-when-using-the-phone-whilst-charging.453166/

All metal unibody products have this problem mostly which charge at high rate just attach a back cover you will be good to go
Ok. So same issue happen with me. After receiving device I feel that some shock is coming from back side from device. I don't know it's normal or not. But at that time I went to oneplus service center and they tell me it's hardware issue. Oneplus Job card attached. So I return that product and got new one yesterday. And in that also I am getting that shock so again today I went to service center and they tell me it's normal. I said seriously some day ago same guy told me it's hardware issue. They tell me every metal body device have that problem which is completely wrong because I have op3 also and I haven't face that issue. So yes there's something wrong with device.and not everyone have that issue I think only some device have that issue. So again I am trying to return my device I don't want device which giving me shock. May be oneplus knows that issue is present but they are ignoring it. I also checked with my friends op5. His device also getting shock.
Now I am confused what to do. Oneplus told me it's hardware fault and now they are saying it's normal. I am worrying that if this shock damage device? There is no issue with charger I tried op5 charger with op3 and didn't face any issue so yes problem is present in op5. Check attached copy of jobcard.
e46940f69fd157ce02b7726d4d545878.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

davfiala

Oct 11, 2012
Budweis
You are overreacting. This normal, on some devices it's unnoticeable, on some not. But it can't harm you or your phone ? It also highly depends on quality of your electrical system.

meetpatel

Aug 27, 2014
Ahmedabad
You are overreacting. This normal, on some devices it's unnoticeable, on some not. But it can't harm you or your phone [emoji3] It also highly depends on quality of your electrical system.

I am not overreacting but these​ guys told me first time that its "fpc defect" you can clearly see that in their job sheet and I replaced that one. Now on replaced one they are telling me it's normal. That's why I am worrying. BTW I am returning it again.[emoji3]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

mardobloom

Oct 10, 2010
Can't feel anything

If anyone want to test whether this problem is there in your phone or not, follow the steps below.

1. Put the OnePlus 5 into the charger.
2. Get the phone in your hand and hold it firmly and try to put it on the table slowly, at this time you could feel the vibration kind of thing when you sliding through the border of the phone.

I tested this with everyone around me, my colleagues, even with my neighbor too, everyone experienced the slight vibration shock on their hand while placing the phone below.

Why while placing the phone below?
Shock is everywhere on the back panel you can feel it by swiping your fingers on the back panel, the thing is you can only feel the strong vibration only when you are going to slide the phone through the border below.

Hope everyone understand this issue now.

I have followed all the steps exactly as you mentioned but I can't seem to feel anything as mentioned by you. I'm using the Slate Gray Version.

Top Liked Posts