Slim Rom Storage Issue (Possibly GApps)

Search This thread

nerdyblonde

Mar 6, 2013
Virginia
Long time user/fan of SlimRoms. Was running the latest Beta 4 on my AT&T Galaxy S4. I noticed it was lagging whenever I was opening apps, so I was going to clear out my cache and dalvik cache through TWRP. I decided to make a backup while I was in TWRP. I noticed it showed there was an insane amount of data to back up. I rebooted and went to check my storage, and it showed I had 9.57GB Total, and 8.2GB were being used for apps. I knew that was impossible, so I decided to do a fresh install. Did full wipe, download Slim again (just in case it was a bad download) and installed Slim without GApps. Did a restore of my apps (no data) through TiBu, then showed only 826MB being used for apps and still had close to 8GB free. Then I flashed Slim Minimal GApps (new download as well), rebooted and seen the same as before with apps taking a large amount of space with only .93GB being free. I went back to Slim Beta 3 and had the exact same issue. Also tried the slim AIO GApps I also flashed CWM instead of TWRP and tried that way in case it was an issue with recovery. Exact same problem. I flashed the latest Cyanogenmod nightly and GApps, restored everything and the storage is correct. Anyone else noticed this same problem? I really like SlimRom and it's features, and would like to use it again if the issue can be fixed. Thanks.