• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Slim Tab V6 [ARK4] [T835/T830]

Search This thread

dwaradzyn

May 12, 2008
Did you follow instructions and deleted Android folder. Been running v5 since release and after initial setup no reboots for me.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I can confirm that removing Android folder from sdcard definitely helps, but may not fully solve the issue with reboots to flashing SAMSUNG logo. Before removing I had it pretty frequently - every 15 minutes or so. After removing I had only one reboot during last week, which is pretty acceptable.

EggZenBeanz

Jul 21, 2005
Yeah definitely less reboots but still get one every couple of days.

Also - jelly scrolling. I use nova Launcher. When in the app draw scrolling up and down of the apps I get that jelly effect similar to the oneplus 5 had. Anyone else seen this?

philow

Aug 30, 2007

dr460nf1r3

Dec 6, 2013
garudalinux.org
I can confirm that removing Android folder from sdcard definitely helps, but may not fully solve the issue with reboots to flashing SAMSUNG logo. Before removing I had it pretty frequently - every 15 minutes or so. After removing I had only one reboot during last week, which is pretty acceptable.

Im definitly happy that it works quite well for my terms of usabillity. Unfortunatly I dont have time for improving and working on this atm since there are a lot of things to do for school atm.

Sent from my Samsung SM-G950F using XDA Labs

Reactions: ALLDAT

dr460nf1r3

Dec 6, 2013
garudalinux.org
So after fixing this error preventing img extraction i was able to cook a new version of this rom. I didnt change much apart from switching to Nova Launcher and iOS emojis. Also the adblocking hostfile is standart now.

After testing this for a while, I had no bugs while running this version until now. Hope you enjoy this release as much as I do. :cowboy:

I debloated very softly so everything works if you have different use profiles than I do, personally I use package disabler to disable more than 50+ apps left in this rom without sacrificing stability so If you like very clean stuff thats your way to go.

Here it is

Clean flash + deleting android folder on sdcard is strongly advised, also clean cache if you deleted android folder in the new installation

Last edited:

EmRav

Jun 4, 2012
So after fixing this error preventing img extraction i was able to cook a new version of this rom. I didnt change much apart from switching to Nova Launcher and iOS emojis. Also the adblocking hostfile is standart now.

After testing this for a while, I had no bugs while running this version until now. Hope you enjoy this release as much as I do. :cowboy:

I debloated very softly so everything works if you have different use profiles than I do, personally I use package disabler to disable more than 50+ apps left in this rom without sacrificing stability so If you like very clean stuff thats your way to go.

Here it is

Clean flash + deleting android folder on sdcard is strongly advised, also clean cache if you deleted android folder in the new installation

Thanks for this! For the T830 do we still need to flash Modesty seperately or is it all integrated in the new zip?

davschm

Apr 13, 2014
Is this the rom i need?

Hi guys, i am still a little new to the flashing scene and just know enough to be dangerous.

I just got a Tab4 SM-T830 and wanted to clean it up (remove all the Samsung apps and junk they pre-installed). I have flashed LineageOS in the past but that's probably a year or more away for this device.

Can this rom be clean flashed? And does it remove most of the apps and Samsung software that came preloaded? I would like to get this cleaned up so it only has google apps and Magisk, and not much else.

Also, is this rom English defaulted?

dr460nf1r3

Dec 6, 2013
garudalinux.org
Hi guys, i am still a little new to the flashing scene and just know enough to be dangerous.

I just got a Tab4 SM-T830 and wanted to clean it up (remove all the Samsung apps and junk they pre-installed). I have flashed LineageOS in the past but that's probably a year or more away for this device.

Can this rom be clean flashed? And does it remove most of the apps and Samsung software that came preloaded? I would like to get this cleaned up so it only has google apps and Magisk, and not much else.

Also, is this rom English defaulted?

Its quite clean, cleaner than you will ever get a stock rom. However there are Samsung apps left in it since removing them resulted in an unstable system, you need for example the gallery app to change the dex background. For the remaining apps, use package disabler as described in an earlier post and Install google apps after this.

davschm

Apr 13, 2014
Its quite clean, cleaner than you will ever get a stock rom. However there are Samsung apps left in it since removing them resulted in an unstable system, you need for example the gallery app to change the dex background. For the remaining apps, use package disabler as described in an earlier post and Install google apps after this.

Managed to get this installed and working today, Thank you sir! I think I followed all the instructions correctly and after install it booted first try.
After I got it setup and installed some apps from the play store I went to settings and disables the remaining 2 or 3 Samsung apps, but the system seemed to freeze a few times not long after and had to be rebooted, so I have re-enabled them. I will report if freezing continues.

I also added the netflix module to Magisk, but I still cant run netflix. Both CTS Profile and Basic Integrity fail in the safty-net test in Magisk. Should those both work out of the box?

Last edited:

dr460nf1r3

Dec 6, 2013
garudalinux.org
Managed to get this installed and working today, Thank you sir! I think I followed all the instructions correctly and after install it booted first try.
After I got it setup and installed some apps from the play store I went to settings and disables the remaining 2 or 3 Samsung apps, but the system seemed to freeze a few times not long after and had to be rebooted, so I have re-enabled them. I will report if freezing continues.

I also added the netflix module to Magisk, but I still cant run netflix. Both CTS Profile and Basic Integrity fail in the safty-net test in Magisk. Should those both work out of the box?

I just checked up on this and you are right both of them fail.. there is a magisk module for fixing but idk if this would work.
Personally i dont need to have the checks passed so im not interested in investigating further.. but there is that magisk props module search for this in magisk manager ..

Last edited:

davschm

Apr 13, 2014
I just checked up on this and you are right both of them fail.. there is a magisk module for fixing but idk if this would work.
Personally i dont need to have the checks passed so im not interested in investigating further.. but there is that magisk props module search for this in magisk manager ..

In Magisk, I have added the modules "liboemcrypto disabler", :libesecure_storage companion", and "MagiskHide Props Config". I also installed and ran BusyBox (free).

After a few reboots it still not passing safety check. Googling the issue seems to say that if just CTSProfile is false then "Props" may have fixed it, but both being false points to a system issue and they recommend format and reinstall. If both of yours are also failing on your device, then it may be a kernel issue. Ether way its beyond my limited skills to fix.

Note: I also tried checking "preserve AVB 2.0". It didn't help, but I unchecked it and rebooted, after a while I noticed it turned on again on its own. I cant seem to get it to stay unchecked now, it always comes back after a while. I also updated Magisk to the newest version (18.1-2018123101; using direct install method).

EggZenBeanz

Jul 21, 2005
In Magisk, I have added the modules "liboemcrypto disabler", :libesecure_storage companion", and "MagiskHide Props Config". I also installed and ran BusyBox (free).

After a few reboots it still not passing safety check. Googling the issue seems to say that if just CTSProfile is false then "Props" may have fixed it, but both being false points to a system issue and they recommend format and reinstall. If both of yours are also failing on your device, then it may be a kernel issue. Ether way its beyond my limited skills to fix.

Note: I also tried checking "preserve AVB 2.0". It didn't help, but I unchecked it and rebooted, after a while I noticed it turned on again on its own. I cant seem to get it to stay unchecked now, it always comes back after a while. I also updated Magisk to the newest version (18.1-2018123101; using direct install method).

I'm also getting the same

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a clean and fast version of the current ARK4 Firmware. Most of the Samsung bloat has been removed while maintaining a stable system.

Features::highfive:

• Based on latest ARK4 Firmware
    • Latest Modesty kernel with enhancements
    • December security patch
    • Zipaligned
    • Deknoxed
    • Disabled RMM
    • Lots of bloat removed
    • Latest Nova Launcher
    • Using Cloudflare DNS servers
    • Buildprop tweaking battery and performance
    • iOS 12.1 emojis & GoogleSans font
    • Goodlock Multistar, Lockstar and Taskchanger
    • Other included apps: YouTube Vanced and Activity Manager
    • Rooted with latest magisk by Ianmacd
    • Enabled Doze for Google Play Services and Play Store
    • Naptime for improved deep sleep (enable in app)
    • AdAway as adblocking solution, but also preinstalled Goodbye Ads hosts file
    • All added apps can be uninstalled
    • ADB enabled by default

Changelog

V6
    - Rebased to new firmware ARK4
    - Switched to iOS emojis
    - Updated all apps
    - Latest Modesty Kernel (23/12)
    - Adblock hostfile default now

Download it now

Quick notice: :confused:

• To change the Goodlock apks settings get an activity launcher and launch the main activity! In V6 Activity Manager will be included to serve this purpose.
    • To restore Netflix functionality you have to flash this module via magisk.
    • When running custom kernels on newer samsung devices bluetooth pairings are bugged. Flash this module as a fix!
    • If you are interested in controlling the kernel options install the excellent MTweaks app!

Credits going to

Im happy to announce the second release of my rom!

Changelog:
    - Safe debloated all of the useless samsung apps
    - Added YouTube Vanced and Goodlock Taskchanger
    - Nova Launcher by default
    - Pixel Sounds
    - Pie Emojis
    - GoogleSans Font

Download V2 here

Edit: This release accidently killed GPS just fyi. Fix already done but cant upload until tomorrow evening. If you want to do it yourself take V1 and copy FusedLocation folder from priv-app to the corresponding location in V2.

Sent from my dream2lte using XDA Labs

Here it is

Release of rom version 2.1 :victory:
    Changelog:
    - GPS fixed
    - Few more buildprop tweaks taken from googlewiz oreo credits to foobar66
    - Modesty kernel by default credits to Ianmacd

Dirty flash is always fine.

Im thinking about replacing samsung apps by google ones however there wont be tooltips on spen hovering like on the samsung ones and no splitscreen while being not being in portrait mode. :confused:
    Any idea on what else to add/debloat/whatever?

For T830 users im pretty sure that this rom will work fine If you flash the Modesty kernel after rom installation.

Download 2.1 here!

Following is release 2.2!

Changelog:
    - Now prerooted with latest Ianmacd magisk!
    - Cloudflare DNS servers used
    - Enabled Doze for Google Play Services and Playstore
    - Naptime app for improved deepsleep

Download 2.2 here!
    v3.1 - File no longer available
    Im currently rebuilding the rom as the rom wasnt 100% stable in longterm use.
    The process will result in a bigger yet more stable rom which is fine i guess.
    Also, all of the apps including the launcher will be updated and all of the added Apps can now be removed.
    Magisk and kernel will be updated to the new release too.

Rom will be up tomorrow as im busy today.

BTW V4+ will be called Slim Tab :fingers-crossed: