Slim Tab V6 [ARK4] [T835/T830]

Search This thread
It's probably related to the Modesty kernel. Several users have reported that Bluetooth input devices are not working. Unfortunately, I don't have such a device to test with.

I need an affected user to try some older versions of the kernel to determine when the issue was introduced.

I would love for this to be fixed, so I'll try this once I have time to do it. Thanks for the help!

I would love for this to be fixed, so I'll try this once I have time to do it. Thanks for the help!

I have added a Known Issues section to the top of the kernel's thread, and included this (currently the only known issue, as it happens).

Hopefully, this will save a few users some inconvenience, until such time that I am able to fix it.

Reactions: konchog uma
It's probably related to the Modesty kernel. Several users have reported that Bluetooth input devices are not working. Unfortunately, I don't have such a device to test with.

I need an affected user to try some older versions of the kernel to determine when the issue was introduced.
Hi! I tried a few versions, and I am unable to get past the lock screen on versions before 0.99.15. I am probably doing something wrong. However, the issue still persists on that version.

Thibale

Dec 29, 2005
Same problem here with the pointer when using BT mouse. Hope someone will find a solution. Using latest modesty btw.

Hi! I tried a few versions, and I am unable to get past the lock screen on versions before 0.99.15. I am probably doing something wrong. However, the issue still persists on that version.

Thank you very much for the testing.

You're probably doing nothing wrong. The lock screen behaviour you see is almost certainly due to an incompatibility introduced by a change in your firmware. Kernels older than 0.99.15 were built for earlier firmware than the current ARK4.

magare

May 21, 2009
Brisbane
Works well on my device.
Thanks.
Can you refer me to a link to start learning cooking custom ROM please? Sorry. yep, I looked on the net but there are far too many and I got confused.

Cheers

dr460nf1r3

Dec 6, 2013
dr460nf1r3.org
I'm new to the tab s4. I'm assuming this Rom is the latest firmware that samsung has released? I'm getting my tab on Thursday and want to know as I would like to load this from the start

Its the latest firmware but i didnt update this since ages and dont plan on updating any time soon. Can advise you to try weta rom, its a good one running it since its release.

Sent from my MI 6X using XDA Labs

Reactions: ALLDAT and c_86

PisaniD

May 16, 2019
As has already been pointed out, the download link for this ROM is not working. Is this ROM still functional for Tab S4?

May 23, 2014
Dont think so, you will have to go back to 8. I was on the following rom: T835XXU2ARJ3_T835OXM2ARJ3_AUT
If you are on 9 try weta.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a clean and fast version of the current ARK4 Firmware. Most of the Samsung bloat has been removed while maintaining a stable system.

Features::highfive:

• Based on latest ARK4 Firmware
    • Latest Modesty kernel with enhancements
    • December security patch
    • Zipaligned
    • Deknoxed
    • Disabled RMM
    • Lots of bloat removed
    • Latest Nova Launcher
    • Using Cloudflare DNS servers
    • Buildprop tweaking battery and performance
    • iOS 12.1 emojis & GoogleSans font
    • Goodlock Multistar, Lockstar and Taskchanger
    • Other included apps: YouTube Vanced and Activity Manager
    • Rooted with latest magisk by Ianmacd
    • Enabled Doze for Google Play Services and Play Store
    • Naptime for improved deep sleep (enable in app)
    • AdAway as adblocking solution, but also preinstalled Goodbye Ads hosts file
    • All added apps can be uninstalled
    • ADB enabled by default

Changelog

V6
    - Rebased to new firmware ARK4
    - Switched to iOS emojis
    - Updated all apps
    - Latest Modesty Kernel (23/12)
    - Adblock hostfile default now

Download it now

Quick notice: :confused:

• To change the Goodlock apks settings get an activity launcher and launch the main activity! In V6 Activity Manager will be included to serve this purpose.
    • To restore Netflix functionality you have to flash this module via magisk.
    • When running custom kernels on newer samsung devices bluetooth pairings are bugged. Flash this module as a fix!
    • If you are interested in controlling the kernel options install the excellent MTweaks app!

Credits going to

Im happy to announce the second release of my rom!

Changelog:
    - Safe debloated all of the useless samsung apps
    - Added YouTube Vanced and Goodlock Taskchanger
    - Nova Launcher by default
    - Pixel Sounds
    - Pie Emojis
    - GoogleSans Font

Download V2 here

Edit: This release accidently killed GPS just fyi. Fix already done but cant upload until tomorrow evening. If you want to do it yourself take V1 and copy FusedLocation folder from priv-app to the corresponding location in V2.

Sent from my dream2lte using XDA Labs
    So after fixing this error preventing img extraction i was able to cook a new version of this rom. I didnt change much apart from switching to Nova Launcher and iOS emojis. Also the adblocking hostfile is standart now.

After testing this for a while, I had no bugs while running this version until now. Hope you enjoy this release as much as I do. :cowboy:

I debloated very softly so everything works if you have different use profiles than I do, personally I use package disabler to disable more than 50+ apps left in this rom without sacrificing stability so If you like very clean stuff thats your way to go.

Here it is

Clean flash + deleting android folder on sdcard is strongly advised, also clean cache if you deleted android folder in the new installation
    Release of rom version 2.1 :victory:
    Changelog:
    - GPS fixed
    - Few more buildprop tweaks taken from googlewiz oreo credits to foobar66
    - Modesty kernel by default credits to Ianmacd

Dirty flash is always fine.

Im thinking about replacing samsung apps by google ones however there wont be tooltips on spen hovering like on the samsung ones and no splitscreen while being not being in portrait mode. :confused:
    Any idea on what else to add/debloat/whatever?

For T830 users im pretty sure that this rom will work fine If you flash the Modesty kernel after rom installation.

Download 2.1 here!

Following is release 2.2!

Changelog:
    - Now prerooted with latest Ianmacd magisk!
    - Cloudflare DNS servers used
    - Enabled Doze for Google Play Services and Playstore
    - Naptime app for improved deepsleep

Download 2.2 here!
    v3.1 - File no longer available
    Im currently rebuilding the rom as the rom wasnt 100% stable in longterm use.
    The process will result in a bigger yet more stable rom which is fine i guess.
    Also, all of the apps including the launcher will be updated and all of the added Apps can now be removed.
    Magisk and kernel will be updated to the new release too.

Rom will be up tomorrow as im busy today.

BTW V4+ will be called Slim Tab :fingers-crossed: