Slim7 for Honor 4X (Kirin 620)

Search This thread

Elguevara

Nov 20, 2017
Yep, but all my attemps to launch oreo failed. Haky and surdu dont publish source code and I cant do anything
You could still give life to this honor 4X, DarkJoker with P8 lite 2015 kirin 620 achieved lineages with android 8.0 and 9.0, there must already be some source code I guess

asheenlevrai

Jun 22, 2013
Slim 7.1.2 build 1.17 (b15)

Download:
* Slim-cherryplus-7.1.2.build.1.17-Jan-20180122-b15.zip
* md5sum: e7a559bd66bbfa32176f39ad21b50c19
* OpenGApps

Currently working:
* network (2G-LTE) dualsim
* Wi-Fi
* BT
* sdcardfs
* GPS
* OTG
* adopted storage
* ussd
* BT headset
* ROM doesn't have root
Also, you can install Magisk

Currently not working
* SIM2 works only 2G
* Stock camera doesn't record video - use Footej Camera to do it
* tap to wake
* youtube 720p60

Installations:
* Go to TWRP
* Wipe system, data, dalvik, cache
* Install RR
or
can also be installed without copying the archive to the phone:
* in TWRP: Adviced - adb sideload - start
* on PC: adb sideload path/to/zip
from RR
if you want go from RR, you need wipe dalvik cache after zip install, and after first boot you need clean data of "Clock" and "Phone" (not "Contacts!")

Updates
* check updates in Settings - About - System Updates
* download update
* reboot device to TWRP
* install the new update of RR
* reboot to System

Thanks to OpenKirin for kernel source code GPL v2.0

XDA:DevDB Information
Slim 7.1.2 build 1.17 (b15) for Honor 4X (Che2-L11, cherryplus) (Kirin 620), ROM for the Honor 4x

Contributors
ksrt12, fell9781, fitsuli
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Android 6.x (EMUI 4.x) Europe/Russia
Based On: SlimRoms

Version Information
No Longer Updated
Current Stable Version: b15
Stable Release Date: 2018-01-22

Created 2017-09-28
Last Updated 2019-03-25
Hey @ksrt12 :)

Sorry for resurrecting this thread (after @Elguevara did).

I have the Honor 4X (Che2-L11) running Android6.0 (build che2-L11c432b58). Bootloader is unlocked but recovery is still stock, for now. I plan on using TWRP but I'm still not sure if I should use v. 3.6.1_9-0 or an earlier version.

I need to use Adoptable/Flex Storage or App2SD to circumvent the limited internal storage space. You mentioned earlier that you prefer App2SD over Adoptable storage ("more flexibility") but others reported that App2SD won't let you move everything to the Ext4 partition on the SD and thus internal storage still gets filled up. Could you please elaborate on the pros and cons of both options?

To benefit from Adoptable Storage or App2SD I need to install a custom ROM AFAIU. You mentioned that you moved to AEX* when you still had this device and I'm wondering if I should install Slim7* or follow your example (or maybe another ROM that came up since then? I doublt there is any). The current version of AEX for the Che2-L11 doesn't list Footej Camera as an option to record videos. Does it mean I need Slim7 or another ROM compatible with Footej Camera in order to be able to record videos or is it just that for AEX you forgot to mention Footej Cam as a possible alternative? You explicitly mention that no camera can record video when running AEX, though... Oh and now the playstore has Footej Camera 2. Is this version able to record video when running Slim7 on the Che2-L11 (I guess you have no way to be sure but I'm still asking).

*Warning Note: All links to Slim7/AEX/dotOS builds in their respective OPs seem to be dead. I'm browsing your Github looking for them, but no luck so far

What version of gApps should I use? Arm64 - 7.1 (Since kirin620 is Arm65 AFAIU)?
The OP links to Open gApps version Arm (32bits) for Android6.0, which got me confused... OPs for other roms (AEX, dotOS, RR) link to Arm64 - 7.1 gApps.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and advice.

Best,
-a-

Last edited:

asheenlevrai

Jun 22, 2013
You could still give life to this honor 4X, DarkJoker with P8 lite 2015 kirin 620 achieved lineages with android 8.0 and 9.0, there must already be some source code I guess

Did you try To flash a recent (8, 9, ..) ROM on the Che2-L11? If yes, how did that turn out? Would you recommend it over Slim7?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Slim 7.1.2 build 1.17 (b15)​

Download:
    * Slim-cherryplus-7.1.2.build.1.17-Jan-20180122-b15.zip
    * md5sum: e7a559bd66bbfa32176f39ad21b50c19
    * OpenGApps

Currently working:
    * network (2G-LTE) dualsim
    * Wi-Fi
    * BT
    * sdcardfs
    * GPS
    * OTG
    * adopted storage
    * ussd
    * BT headset
    * ROM doesn't have root
    Also, you can install Magisk

Currently not working
    * SIM2 works only 2G
    * Stock camera doesn't record video - use Footej Camera to do it
    * tap to wake
    * youtube 720p60

Installations:
    * Go to TWRP
    * Wipe system, data, dalvik, cache
    * Install RR
    or
    can also be installed without copying the archive to the phone:
    * in TWRP: Adviced - adb sideload - start
    * on PC: adb sideload path/to/zip
    from RR
    if you want go from RR, you need wipe dalvik cache after zip install, and after first boot you need clean data of "Clock" and "Phone" (not "Contacts!")

Updates
    * check updates in Settings - About - System Updates
    * download update
    * reboot device to TWRP
    * install the new update of RR
    * reboot to System

Thanks to OpenKirin for kernel source code GPL v2.0

XDA:DevDB Information
    Slim 7.1.2 build 1.17 (b15) for Honor 4X (Che2-L11, cherryplus) (Kirin 620), ROM for the Honor 4x

Contributors
    ksrt12, fell9781, fitsuli
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android 6.x (EMUI 4.x) Europe/Russia
    Based On: SlimRoms

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: b15
    Stable Release Date: 2018-01-22

Created 2017-09-28
    Last Updated 2019-03-25
    ksrt
    did we will see oreo for our device soon ?
    i want test it please devolper :) <3

Its very unstable, RIL, BT, camera, gps,... aren't work
    http://bit.ly/rr-o-cherryplus-Apr-b11

and read surdu_petru post:
    I do not want to disappoint anyone, but the progress on this ROM will be quite slow, first due to lack of source code or at least EMUI 5.0 Android N for this device, and second because there is a massive changement on Android Oreo making it almost impossible to use the old stock blobs ( libraries ) EMUI 4.1 Android MM !

Anyway even in this case, I'll try to update this ROM whenever I fix a issue ... so please, don't expect to fix issues in the same way ( quickly ) like in the Android N, because there is a huge difference in terms of development between Android N and Oreo :)

Thanks for understanding !
    @ksrt12 do you plan on working on rr Oreo for this device?
    Yep, but all my attemps to launch oreo failed. Haky and surdu dont publish source code and I cant do anything
    This is great, I am going to try both of these (Slim and RR). What is the main difference between EMUI and SlimROM except for it's smaller? Reviews?

-Newer android version
    -Some(most) people like slim/RR/some other custom rom overlay better.
    -If you had some problems in EMUI with background user apps stopping (like whatsapp message notifications arriving too late or google photo doesn't sync) you won't have those problems any more.

For me battery in deepsleep goes bit faster on RR than it went on EMUI.
    EMUI ~3-8% in 10h
    RR ~10-14% in 10h
    But maybe it's because the background apps work like you would expect them to work. Or maybe it's something else.
    Thanks. I get only about ~10% per 10h on my EMUI, and I'm running modaco rom, which is a slimmed down version of stock EMUI. I haven't had any problems with background apps or other things on modaco, but I like the idea of finally advancing to Nougat on kirin with a functional dual sim.

What about Apps2SD or adoptable storage? Maybe it's not necessary on Slim or RR? Honor 4x is almost useless without adding some internal storage via some such solution.

I think System will always take ~4GB (unless you do some re-partitioning) so you would still need Apps2SD or adoptable.