• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Sling TV app working on fire tv

Search This thread

openrage

Jul 18, 2012
Pittsburg
I just received my invite for sling tv and noticed the fire tv is not yet supported but android tablets are. The apk file can be downloaded via the sling website FAQ page.

I have sideloaded the apk and it appears to be working fine so far figured I would share.

I have added the older version of the apk file. As of last night it was still working unable to test right now since im not at home. On a side note I plan to cancel my sling subscription due to its like going back to the 90's i dont enjoy scheduling my life around the tv id rather dvr everything I want to watch.

Attachments

• slingtv.apk
    13.3 MB · Views: 2,891
Last edited:
Reactions: Cable123

tekweezle

Jun 20, 2012
I side loaded the app for phones onto my AFS and it ran successfully for about a day. Then it failed the playstore license check and stopped running.

Sent from a Freedompop HTC Evo 4G

tekweezle

Jun 20, 2012
There is a slingbox app available on the limited Amazon app store for Fire TV devices. This is probably fully supported(anything we sideload meant for other platforms obviously might not work). That worked fine but I couldn't use it because I gave an old Slingbox A unit.

CappyQ

Nov 30, 2009
There is a slingbox app available on the limited Amazon app store for Fire TV devices. This is probably fully supported(anything we sideload meant for other platforms obviously might not work). That worked fine but I couldn't use it because I gave an old Slingbox A unit.

This thread is about the new subscription TV-over-Internet service, Sling TV - not Slingbox.

The sideloaded Sling TV app is working on my Fire TV Stick, as well. No problems and it's been a few days now. :)

enfox

Aug 1, 2010
I sideloaded the apk to my firetv over the weekend and when I started it up it says that the version I have is outdated and needed to be upgraded.

Mitch2025

Aug 26, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
This thread is about the new subscription TV-over-Internet service, Sling TV - not Slingbox.

The sideloaded Sling TV app is working on my Fire TV Stick, as well. No problems and it's been a few days now. :)

Would you be able to post the APK you used? The version I downloaded seems to have protection built in that doesn't allow it to work on the FireTV stick. It says it isn't a supported device.

CappyQ

Nov 30, 2009
Would you be able to post the APK you used? The version I downloaded seems to have protection built in that doesn't allow it to work on the FireTV stick. It says it isn't a supported device.
Weird - I only downloaded it a couple of days ago. Here's the APK attached. (Note to admins - this is a free APK downloaded from their public site FAQ - not piracy.)

Attachments

• slingtv.apk
    13.3 MB · Views: 5,154
Reactions: Mitch2025

GHII

Dec 5, 2008
Yuma
Mine worked a couple times, but now I just get constant buffering and nothing ever loads although on my laptop it loads right up. This is with the older still confirmed working version..

dojon

Mar 18, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: raqball

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just received my invite for sling tv and noticed the fire tv is not yet supported but android tablets are. The apk file can be downloaded via the sling website FAQ page.

I have sideloaded the apk and it appears to be working fine so far figured I would share.

I have added the older version of the apk file. As of last night it was still working unable to test right now since im not at home. On a side note I plan to cancel my sling subscription due to its like going back to the 90's i dont enjoy scheduling my life around the tv id rather dvr everything I want to watch.
    Weird - I only downloaded it a couple of days ago. Here's the APK attached. (Note to admins - this is a free APK downloaded from their public site FAQ - not piracy.)

Dude, thanks for the quick reply! It worked! ...I love you
    Anyone have the apk from the Fire TV store?

I don't have a Fire TV but have been using the older apk on an Android TV box and it works fine.

I had some issues getting the Amazon app store to download the SlingTV app to my Fire TV, but found the direct link to the apk where they stored the files for windows and mac os:

http://webapp.movetv.com/player/firetv/sling.apk
    Googling around, looking for the latest Sling TV apk for fireTV I found this old thread.

So wonder if would be possible for someone to post the latest apk for fireTV? :confused: (Hopefully yes!)
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ODC5N80

BTW the one available for other android devices, as you can see it's not the same:
    Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sling

TIA.-

Posted these a while back. I just checked & they are both still the latest versions for FireTV's.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71529079&postcount=6