Slow charging

Search This thread

guily6669

Sep 6, 2015
Good night,

My Nvidia Shield barely charges at this point in time, shows like 16h to charge and more...

I have desoldered the battery and charged it with IMAX B6 up to 4.2 Volts and got around 3000mah but the voltage is still being held at 4.2V good.

Do you know if this is normal behaviour when the battery is already a bit bad or do you think the charging circuit can be bad?

I'd be pissed to buy a battery to find out the charging circuit is barely putting any charge 😕

moonhop7

Good night,

My Nvidia Shield barely charges at this point in time, shows like 16h to charge and more...

I have desoldered the battery and charged it with IMAX B6 up to 4.2 Volts and got around 3000mah but the voltage is still being held at 4.2V good.

Do you know if this is normal behaviour when the battery is already a bit bad or do you think the charging circuit can be bad?

I'd be pissed to buy a battery to find out the charging circuit is barely putting any charge 😕
Did you keep the PCB strip from the old battery on the new one ?

guily6669

Sep 6, 2015
I didn't buy a new battery yet.

I would only buy one if I can be sure the tablet charging circuit is any good...

But like I said I charged the battery externally to 4.2V and the next day it still had 4.2v so it doesn't look like the battery is completely bad as it's surely holding voltage well, just lost quite a bit of capacity which is normal.

I'm thinking that the charging circuit of the tablet is kaput...

Reactions: moonhop7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I didn't buy a new battery yet.

I would only buy one if I can be sure the tablet charging circuit is any good...

But like I said I charged the battery externally to 4.2V and the next day it still had 4.2v so it doesn't look like the battery is completely bad as it's surely holding voltage well, just lost quite a bit of capacity which is normal.

I'm thinking that the charging circuit of the tablet is kaput...