• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Slow data speed only on custom ROMs

Search This thread

ClementNerma

Mar 15, 2017
I recently wanted to use the AOSP Extended ROM (Pie, official) for my Pocophone F1 but when after completing the GApps setup process on first boot, my SIM card was not detected anymore. PIN code was not even asked, and the SIM card's operator was shown as unknown.

I tried with several other ROMs, including Pixel Experience, NitrogenOS and Havoc OS. Finally, even if it was not part of these ROMs' instructions, I tried to flash the vendor package in addition to the ROM (by flashing it _before_ the ROM). This allowed the SIM card to be recognized ; SMS worked out-of-the-box, but not data connection, even though the phone indicated it was connected to "H+".

So I configured the APN following my operator's official instructions, and now I can use data but only with a very low bitrate (it goes from 100 ko/s to 280 ko/s max.). Network indicator shows it is in 3G+ mode. I tried to change the network type (LTE, 3G, etc.) but that didn't change anything. Going back to stock ROM, the bitrate immediatly goes to ~ 3500 ko/s.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jun 14, 2015
Bengaluru
Yes, it depends on the ROM you are using.

Hello, can you elaborate on this, where do refer for the right vendor/firmware to flash, I am using Pixel Experience Plus Official Rom and I have slow network speeds on mobile data and that too limited to play store downloads that is in 50 kB/s but in other apps or during speed tests the speed touches 20 Mb/s l. I can't find where to get a solution for this, this looks like a possible fix. I really need help.

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
Hello, can you elaborate on this, where do refer for the right vendor/firmware to flash, I am using Pixel Experience Plus Official Rom and I have slow network speeds on mobile data and that too limited to play store downloads that is in 50 kB/s but in other apps or during speed tests the speed touches 20 Mb/s l. I can't find where to get a solution for this, this looks like a possible fix. I really need help.

Usually the ROM Dev indicates the firmware that should be used with his ROM. So check in your ROM thread.

But IMO, slowdown only with PlayStore is indicative of some other problem. Did you try a clean flash?

Himanshu#001

Sep 24, 2021
My internet speed is very low bust after I activate and deactivate airplane mode my speed increase but after sometime the same low speed what I do? Please help!!