Slow motion malfunction after Pie Update

Search This thread

Yube0

Dec 4, 2018
Hello everyone, here's something else I noticed after upgrading to Android Pie. For some reason the slow motion function doesn't work properly anymore.

What I mean is that before (implying android O) when I finished recording a slow motion video, the video would transition smoothly via the sliders (to indicate at which point you want the video to slow down).

But as of now, after updating to Pie via the OTA Update, the video freezes when it gets to the slowing down part of the slow motion video.

I managed to get the video to play by moving rhe sliders to encompass the whole video (slow motion from start to finish). But it kind of defeats the purpose of having those sliders in the first place if I have to slow the whole video down to fix the problem. Anyone experiencing this issue? Everyone's help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Screenshot_20181216-063910.jpg
Video will play if I set the sliders like so

Screenshot_20181216-063841.jpg
Video freezes here

KnightlyNinja

Sep 11, 2012
Biratnagar
Hello everyone, here's something else I noticed after upgrading to Android Pie. For some reason the slow motion function doesn't work properly anymore.

What I mean is that before (implying android O) when I finished recording a slow motion video, the video would transition smoothly via the sliders (to indicate at which point you want the video to slow down).

But as of now, after updating to Pie via the OTA Update, the video freezes when it gets to the slowing down part of the slow motion video.

I managed to get the video to play by moving rhe sliders to encompass the whole video (slow motion from start to finish). But it kind of defeats the purpose of having those sliders in the first place if I have to slow the whole video down to fix the problem. Anyone experiencing this issue? Everyone's help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

View attachment 4666700

View attachment 4666702
Video freezes here

Try this fix http://cdn.awsind0-fusion.fds.api.mi-img.com/b2c-i18n-bbs-in/c0ccbfc7a8.png?thumb=1&w=388&h=776

Last edited:

Yube0

Dec 4, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the first method. Didn't work for me.

As for the second method (to reset the device) I'll think about it then post my findings.

I was just hoping that there might be some other way to do it without resetting my devide. But if it kist be done then so be it.

I'm still open to any other suggestions though. Thank you

jxxnrie

Sep 11, 2015
Just clear data the Photos app.

Settings>Apps & Notifications>Photos>Storage>Clear Storage.

Yube0

Dec 4, 2018

I tried it. Thanks for the suggestion but it still didn't work.

I went as far as factory resetting my device. Still didn't solve the issue. Getting kind of frustrated now. I hope they could fix this in a future update or something :crying:

jxxnrie

Sep 11, 2015
I tried it. Thanks for the suggestion but it still didn't work.

I went as far as factory resetting my device. Still didn't solve the issue. Getting kind of frustrated now. I hope they could fix this in a future update or something :crying:

I think the problem here is the Photos app itself, the slow motion slider is not stable or maybe not compatible with the video codec(not certain) that the Mi A2 is using.

The slow motion video from the stock camera is a full slow motion video when you play it in a 3rd party video player. While, the Google Photos tries to modify the video where you can select the part to be slow and fast.

Perhaps you can rollback to the previous version of the Google photos, maybe this could help. Look for an apk from apkmirror.

AB_02

Oct 11, 2018

View attachment 4666700

View attachment 4666702
Video freezes here

Try playing the slow mo video using some other player like VLC or MX or something else! It works like a charm! I use VLC player and didn't face broken slo mo video playback. Google photos seem to have some issue with slow mo video playback. I believe this should work with Mi A1 as well.

Georgeek1

May 18, 2019
Přepnout na jazyk: čeština
Hello, did anybody solve this problem? It's really annoying if i can't make a slow motion video, every time my video stops when the Slow motion part is started :( Thanks George

Last edited:

eozo89

Feb 1, 2011
Same with me..
I am dissappointed after update pie and there are bug on slow motion.

Last week i tried to install gcam, I dont know if install gcam must unlock boatloader. And this is my mistake. I didnt know that its make erase all data on my phone. After I intstall gcam and slow motion is working, i tried to check back slow motion on my original camera, and its work too.

I think its because reformat my phone like factory reset when i am unlock bootloader

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot_20181216-063910.jpg

Screenshot_20181216-063841.jpg
    Video freezes here
    Did you try formatting your device?

I try factory reset but didn't fix slow motion problem. It solve front flash for camera.

Same problem here after Android Pie update. Clearing camera data doesn't help unfortunately.