SM-A205U (MetroPCS) OEM Unlock

Search This thread

djdeath15

Jul 8, 2020
Hello,

Just wanted to share this with the community as I found this just yesterday. If you goto your settings and click connections then "More connection settings" towards the bottom there is an option for "Network Unlock". I did this like I said yesterday and it permanent unlocked the phone. I don't have any other SIM cards to try and see if it will go on a different network but just wanted to point this out to the community!

~DJ

Hello,

Just wanted to share this with the community as I found this just yesterday. If you goto your settings and click connections then "More connection settings" towards the bottom there is an option for "Network Unlock". I did this like I said yesterday and it permanent unlocked the phone. I don't have any other SIM cards to try and see if it will go on a different network but just wanted to point this out to the community!

~DJ

That's not an OEM unlock, you've only unlocked the SIM card lock.

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
The only way this might be possible is with combination firmware but in all my searching so far i have yet to find bootloader 5 combination firmware ...
If anyone can find me a bootloader 5 android 10 combination firmware for the 205U varient i would be willing to see if there would be a way to get this rooted and bootloader unlocked

Reactions: PickleRickster69
It would help for anyone still on pie if we could flash it.
Anyone who upgraded to Q would be in the cold for now.
Yo I got this phone and figured it's a paperweight until root aka on Android 9 installed magisk manager , zarchiver and combination file matching numbers. Here is where I'm at a lack of expertise cuz magisk won't install enough to feed it the boot.img. Please Help Anyone:silly:

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
Yo I got this phone and figured it's a paperweight until root aka on Android 9 installed magisk manager , zarchiver and combination file matching numbers. Here is where I'm at a lack of expertise cuz magisk won't install enough to feed it the boot.img. Please Help Anyone:silly:

The combination file is from an older bootloader, so it retains the most recent bootloader to maintain integrity of the Qfuse.

That's kinda why we want the combination file for 10, the bootloader hasn't changed which means the file would be universal for anyone who updates.

The combination file is from an older bootloader, so it retains the most recent bootloader to maintain integrity of the Qfuse.

That's kinda why we want the combination file for 10, the bootloader hasn't changed which means the file would be universal for anyone who updates.

yo Ninja I found the latest firmware with the u5 bootloader . It won't let me upload , bummer. I'll try again tonight. help

techmanc

Jun 29, 2014
Taunton MA
I have the 205U as well I never could get antything to work I tried Odin and Magisk did not work I do have Android 10 as well I just look at the fix website I dont know what to do there or it would work with my latest vversion of my phone willl shoud I try to use it and would it be done it hasd 5 fixes that need to be installed ?

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
I have the 205U as well I never could get antything to work I tried Odin and Magisk did not work I do have Android 10 as well I just look at the fix website I dont know what to do there or it would work with my latest vversion of my phone willl shoud I try to use it and would it be done it hasd 5 fixes that need to be installed ?

At the moment, all U devices are unrootable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only way this might be possible is with combination firmware but in all my searching so far i have yet to find bootloader 5 combination firmware ...
    If anyone can find me a bootloader 5 android 10 combination firmware for the 205U varient i would be willing to see if there would be a way to get this rooted and bootloader unlocked

It would help for anyone still on pie if we could flash it.
    Anyone who upgraded to Q would be in the cold for now.