[SM-A750FN/DS] Unofficial LineageOS 17.1 GSI

Search This thread

Wolve-San

Sep 25, 2016
Hi everyone,

I had dozen of problems getting my SM-A750FN/DS with the newest Stock Rom to run any GSI Rom, until I tried something that did the trick. Since there are a couple people here, who can't get it running, too, I decided to write a little Guide. Do all things in the right order and it should work. Since I only have the SM-A750FN/DS, I can't promise, that it will work on other SM-A750X devices.

First of all: I am not responsible for anything you do to your device. This guide worked for me, it doesn't have to work for you.

Working so far:
- Calling
- WIFI
- Sensors (All)

Working partially:
- Cam

Doesn't work so far:
- Bluetooth
- Memory Card
- USB File Transfer

Before you start with anything, get this things on your SD-Card:

1. Quantum Stock 2.5 Latest Release (OneUI edition, not the GSI!)
2. LineageOS 17.1 Arm 64 BvS (Extract the XZ and copy the IMG to the SD)
EDIT: Updating to the newest GSI Rom works through TWRP! Just choose the newest LineageOS BvS, extract it and copy it on your device. Install the Image and choose ONLY System. After the reboot you will be up-to-date. Tested with LineageOS 17.1 15.06.2021 GSI Rom (AllArch).

Good, now we need to make sure, that you have the STOCK ROM running on your Phone. If not, download the newest Samsung Stock and flash it with ODIN 3.14.4.

1. Download ODIN 3.14.4
2. Start ODIN.
3. Click on AP and choose the Samsung Stock Image (DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING ELSE!)
4. Start on your phone the bootloader (normally it is VOLUME DOWN + POWER button, when you phone is off).
5. If that didn't start the bootloader, try VOLUME UP + POWER and choose Start Bootloader in the menu.
6. Connect your phone to your computer through a USB cable.
7. Click Start in Odin (on your computer).
8. Wait for the phone to start into Android.
9. Close ODIN
10. Connect your phone to the internet and put a SIM inside (without this your OEM Unlocking option won't appear)
11. Enable Developer options in settings. Normally found after click about 10 times on Build in Settings ---> About Phone. (Here you can also see, that your phone uses OneUI 2.0.)
12. In the developer options you enable OEM Unlocking (this will delete everything on your phone - like a factory wipe).
13. Restart your phone and check if OEM Unlocking is enabled. If it doesn't appear, you are not connected to the internet and your sim card is not unlocked.

Now you are ready to start the flashing of the new ROM.

1. Download TWRP by ashyx.
2. Power Off your phone and load it into bootloader/download mode.
3. Start ODIN, click on AP, choose the ZIP file containing TWRP, click on Options and DISABLE Auto-Reboot (VERY IMPORTANT!).
4. Click on Start in ODIN and wait until it shows PASS.
5. On your phone hold VOLUME DOWN + POWER, until the phone shuts off, IMMEDIATELY hold VOLUME UP + POWER, so the phone can start TWRP.
6. In TWRP go on WIPE, FORMAT DATA and type yes.
7. When it is done, go on the Menu button (arrow showing up), go on Reboot and on Recovery. DO NOT POWER OFF THE PHONE OR RESTART IT TO SYSTEM!!!
8. After the phone rebooted into TWRP go on Install.
9. Click on INSTALL IMAGE.
10. Choose lineage-17.1-20201114-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img.
11. Flash it.
12. After flashing is done, go back to menu (DO NOT RESTART THE PHONE YET!)
13. Go on Install and choose Quantum-Quack-A750F-V2.5-ONEUI.zip and flash it.
14. Wipe Dalvik Cache and restart the phone to system.
15. The phone will restart twice, on the second restart LineageOS will start.

You don't need magisk, since the Quantum Kernel is prerooted. If you wish to, try to install Magisk. DO NOT WIPE THE STOCK ROM!

For anyone ending up with problems:

ERROR: Download Mode shows "Only original firmware..."
Solution: You didn't check, if OEM Unlocking is enabled. IT IS NECESSARY TO CONNECT THE INTERNET AND SIM CONNECTION!
ERROR: Bootloop
Solution: Reflash the stock rom from Samsung and try the tutorial again. This time read more careful and don't miss anything. It is important, that your ABOUT PHONE says, that you have ONEUI.
ERROR: LineAgeOS doesn't boot.
Solution: Be sure, that it says BvS in the filename. AvS doesn't work, since Samsung changed the phone from a-only to A/B. Be sure to check if it is ARM64!

Special Thanks to:
@prashantp01 for the great Quantum Kernel 2.5!
@ashyx great working TWRP build!
@AndyYan for the unofficial ALLARCH LineAgeOS GSI. Works great so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Markowski82

Voytec83

Apr 25, 2017
Koszalin
Nice U took your time to write that long post... However 3/4 of that is copy-pasted from elsewhere...
I would like to suggest something to solve aome of your issues (especially those from DOESN'T WORK) and also TO WARN other users of following such guides.
Bluetooth and USB transfer - man, U simply use wrong kernel! It is not @prashantp01 fanaberie to provide 2 kernel versions, it is done for the purpose. OneUI contains a lib which breaks bluetooth....... GSI version contains file which is needed for USB thing...... Regarding Magisk - U should not use official Magisk which is included in Quantum kernel for GSI roms, please take some research to find correct version dedicated to GSIs... U took (or actually waste) plenty of time for this post as it NOT NECESSARY to do all mention above steps... As simple as:
from OneUI 2.0 - wipe data, dalvik/art and cache, flash gsi system.img, flash Quantum GSI kernel, flash CORRECT Magisk. IMPORTANT: DON'T WIPE SYSTEM OR MOSTLY LIKE U FACE BOOTLOOP.
from any gsi - wipe dalvik/art and cache, flash choosen gsi system.img, flash CORRECT Magisk, done.
That works for 4 months to most users - those who can't successfully boot makes a mistake on some stage.
Please have in mind U share your thoughts to few millions of people and by saying 'You take no responsibility' doesn't mean U are allowed to post ANYTHING.
I hope A750xx Users can take this as a lesson and will use their brains before following any random guide.
Have a nice day!

Voytec83

Apr 25, 2017
Koszalin
PS. USE UNOFFICIAL ORANGEFOX FOR FLASHING ON SAR DEVICE, AS MENTIONED TWRP IS PIE SOURCE AND DOESN'T WORK CORRECT ANYMORE ....

Wolve-San

Sep 25, 2016
Besides the Filesystem (USB + SDCard) and Bluetooth everything works fine. Even Magisk works like it should.
So where is the problem with this way?

Reactions: Markowski82

Farhansolangi

Jul 16, 2019
Hi everyone,

I had dozen of problems getting my SM-A750FN/DS with the newest Stock Rom to run any GSI Rom, until I tried something that did the trick. Since there are a couple people here, who can't get it running, too, I decided to write a little Guide. Do all things in the right order and it should work. Since I only have the SM-A750FN/DS, I can't promise, that it will work on other SM-A750X devices.

First of all: I am not responsible for anything you do to your device. This guide worked for me, it doesn't have to work for you.

Working so far:
- Calling
- WIFI
- Sensors (All)

Working partially:
- Cam

Doesn't work so far:
- Bluetooth
- Memory Card
- USB File Transfer

Good, now we need to make sure, that you have the STOCK ROM running on your Phone. If not, download the newest Samsung Stock and flash it with ODIN 3.14.4.

1. Download ODIN 3.14.4
2. Start ODIN.
4. Start on your phone the bootloader (normally it is VOLUME DOWN + POWER button, when you phone is off).
5. If that didn't start the bootloader, try VOLUME UP + POWER and choose Start Bootloader in the menu.
9. Close ODIN
10. Connect your phone to the internet and put a SIM inside (without this your OEM Unlocking option won't appear)
11. Enable Developer options in settings. Normally found after click about 10 times on Build in Settings ---> About Phone. (Here you can also see, that your phone uses OneUI 2.0.)
12. In the developer options you enable OEM Unlocking (this will delete everything on your phone - like a factory wipe).
13. Restart your phone and check if OEM Unlocking is enabled. If it doesn't appear, you are not connected to the internet and your sim card is not unlocked.

3. Start ODIN, click on AP, choose the ZIP file containing TWRP, click on Options and DISABLE Auto-Reboot (VERY IMPORTANT!).
5. On your phone hold VOLUME DOWN + POWER, until the phone shuts off, IMMEDIATELY hold VOLUME UP + POWER, so the phone can start TWRP.
7. When it is done, go on the Menu button (arrow showing up), go on Reboot and on Recovery. DO NOT POWER OFF THE PHONE OR RESTART IT TO SYSTEM!!!
11. Flash it.

You don't need magisk, since the Quantum Kernel is prerooted. If you wish to, try to install Magisk. DO NOT WIPE THE STOCK ROM!

Solution: You didn't check, if OEM Unlocking is enabled. IT IS NECESSARY TO CONNECT THE INTERNET AND SIM CONNECTION!
Solution: Reflash the stock rom from Samsung and try the tutorial again. This time read more careful and don't miss anything. It is important, that your ABOUT PHONE says, that you have ONEUI.
Solution: Be sure, that it says BvS in the filename. AvS doesn't work, since Samsung changed the phone from a-only to A/B. Be sure to check if it is ARM64!

Special Thanks to:

Bro plz help. I instal lineagos arm64 ab gsi using twrp with gsi kernal phone restarting at samsung a7 2018 logo why not booting any android 11 rom i tried also arm64 a also arm try all gsi i also use boot fix zip but same problem plz bro rply me what is this problem plzz fix

Wolve-San

Sep 25, 2016
Bro plz help. I instal lineagos arm64 ab gsi using twrp with gsi kernal phone restarting at samsung a7 2018 logo why not booting any android 11 rom i tried also arm64 a also arm try all gsi i also use boot fix zip but same problem plz bro rply me what is this problem plzz fix

Sorry for the late reply. Sounds like you got a bootloop. Just read the guide. I gave a solution to any problem I encountered.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

Working so far:
    - Calling
    - WIFI
    - Sensors (All)

Working partially:
    - Cam

Doesn't work so far:
    - Bluetooth
    - Memory Card
    - USB File Transfer

EDIT: Updating to the newest GSI Rom works through TWRP! Just choose the newest LineageOS BvS, extract it and copy it on your device. Install the Image and choose ONLY System. After the reboot you will be up-to-date. Tested with LineageOS 17.1 15.06.2021 GSI Rom (AllArch).

1. Download ODIN 3.14.4
    2. Start ODIN.
    9. Close ODIN

11. Flash it.

Special Thanks to:
    Besides the Filesystem (USB + SDCard) and Bluetooth everything works fine. Even Magisk works like it should.
    So where is the problem with this way?