How To Guide SM-F926B: Native Call Recording [without root]

Search This thread

little-endian

Aug 23, 2016
Since I don't see that stated clearly and easily accessable, I'd like to share my insight that flashing the Indonesian variant of the firmware indeed changes the CSC to "XID", allowing native call recording with neither rooting nor fiddling with Samkey or other tools.

So far, it runs flawlessly, although it comes at the cost at some additional bloatware aiming at the Indonesian market with mostly can be uninstalled again though (with root access entirely, of course).

Compared to Dr. Ketan's ROM fix which requires root access beforehand and allows call recording independently of the used CSC, the XID one even in conjunction with "rooting anyway" and using his ROM has the advantage of having the call recording menu present in the native calling app which otherwise is missing, leading to an 'a bit nicer and properly integrated accessibility'.

little-endian

Aug 23, 2016
I cannot say for sure as I don't use it and also had rooted the phone before (not sure if it is now possible to have Samsung Pay running with Knox 0x1), however I can confirm that Samsung Pay is there by default and also Google Pay can be manually added through the Play Store.

spart0n

I have sm-f926u1 and obviously not rooted because it's not possible on mine. And I'm using the call recorder by skavlex on XDA/Google play store and it works without root on my device and records both sides of the Convo regardless of legality. Just an alternative