How To Guide SM-F926B ONLY!! Android 12 update and ROOT GUIDE - BVA9 rooted firmware provided - if you missed the good news, camera works :)

Search This thread

白い熊

Aug 29, 2011
相撲道
@exocetdj It’s great to have TWRP! Many thanks for this.

However it doesn’t mount USB sticks, which is a problem, since I need to backup and restore to a USB flash stick.

Are you aware of this problem?

exocetdj

@exocetdj It’s great to have TWRP! Many thanks for this.

However it doesn’t mount USB sticks, which is a problem, since I need to backup and restore to a USB flash stick.

Are you aware of this problem?
MTP is broken. I normally have to boot to system to transfer my data backup over so I can restore

@ianmacd says we can also use adb :) he's the one who gave us this twrp so deserves all thanks

Reactions: 白い熊

exocetdj

AUI4 FIRMWARE IS NOW UPDATED IN THE FIRST POST AND WILL NOT WIPE DATA :)

Process to update coming from previous Firmware version

1 - Ensure any rom modules are removed (i.e if you are using my rom only)

2 - reboot to download mode and load the AP in AP slot, the BL in BL slot, CP in CP slot and HOMECSC in CSC slot in odin

3 - Very important: make sure auto reboot is unchecked in ODIN

4 - start the flash

5 - Exit download after flash and immediately hold vol up and power to enter TWRP recovery

6 - Reboot to system from TWRP Power menu - Your system should boot, optimize apps and then go to rooted system on AUI4 with TWRP installed (and data will be there also!!)

Reactions: Acoustichayes

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
@Didgeridoohan hey man - i was wondering if there was anyway this thread could be made a sticky (if people find this thread useful??)

We now have a tested root process and also a seamless rooted update process 😁
Generally we're pretty selective with what threads are made into a sticky... And with the flat forum layout that came with the move to XenForo it's easy to filter the type of thread you want to find by clicking the prefix tags at the top of the forum (How To Guide in this threads case), so the need for stickies is even less.

So no, unfortunately, I won't be making this thread into a sticky at this time. Great to see the progress being made here though. Let's hope someone gets a workaround for the camera disabling thing released soon.

exocetdj

Generally we're pretty selective with what threads are made into a sticky... And with the flat forum layout that came with the move to XenForo it's easy to filter the type of thread you want to find by clicking the prefix tags at the top of the forum (How To Guide in this threads case), so the need for stickies is even less.

So no, unfortunately, I won't be making this thread into a sticky at this time. Great to see the progress being made here though. Let's hope someone gets a workaround for the camera disabling thing released soon.
Fair comment there (y)

was a passing query so no bother at all!

Yes there has been very very brief glimmers of hope but sadly nothing yet. I'm sure this forum will explode with action as soon as a fix is found or what apparently has been found already is finally released :)

ta muchly for your time (y)

How are you guys using a modded rom without the native camera option?
Is there a Gcam or something that works ?
No, with unlocked bootloader (which is needed to flash custom ROM's/Root), the camera's are disabled. Period. No camera's at all. None. :)

At least, until someone figures out if it can be reversed, then HOW to reverse it.

exocetdj

Whilst (most of) us modders endure these long dark apocalyptic days of restrictions on devices we own placed on us by the Samsung God(desse)s whilst wondering what the hell we did in a former life to deserve this treatment. . . . :ROFLMAO: 🤪

Heres the AUJ7 rooted firmware to cheer you up made by my good friend @abun880007 - thanks for this mate!! - the link in the first post has been updated also.

#runs to sit in the corner of the room facing the wall like a naughty boy, crying, whilst shouting at Samsung in futile defiance "Photos are crap anyway"👹👹👹👹👹👹:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: JazonX

JazonX

Whilst (most of) us modders endure these long dark apocalyptic days of restrictions on devices we own placed on us by the Samsung God(desse)s whilst wondering what the hell we did in a former life to deserve this treatment. . . . :ROFLMAO: 🤪

Heres the AUJ7 rooted firmware to cheer you up made by my good friend @abun880007 - thanks for this mate!! - the link in the first post has been updated also.

#runs to sit in the corner of the room facing the wall like a naughty boy, crying, whilst shouting at Samsung in futile defiance "Photos are crap anyway"👹👹👹👹👹👹:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Love what you wrote!
Thanks a ton.. Guess im gonna carry an iPhone with me, Just for the camera.
In case if I fall in love with the iPhone and make it my daily .. At least I can blame samsung for it.

• Haha
Reactions: exocetdj

Gojira-r32

Jan 1, 2013
zero and ones
If we root, remove bloat, and then re-lock the bootloader, would the bloat still be gone? Knowing Sammy, they would prevent us from removing bloat.

I can handle holding out on flashing a sweet ROM if I can remove garbage like Bixby.
you can debloat even without root tru ADB.
i have no root on my Fold 3 and debloated all the garbage apps from it, also the stupid Bixby etc.... text to speech and all

Reactions: compudex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All!!

This thread will now contain pre rooted Odin files for F926B users to flash and update

Before you start, download "420rom_F926B_BVA9_Odin_EUY.zip" from HERE

THIS IS FOR F926B ONLY

The process requires knowledge of basic adb and YOU MUST HAVE ADB INSTALLED BEFORE TRYING THIS

This will no longer wipe data but it is advisable to backup first anyway - i wont be responsible for any data lost that could have been backed up ;)

PROCESS to update from rooted a11 or a12

1 - Unzip the 4 odin files from the zip provided in the link above & connect phone to PC

2 - load ODIN on PC and disable AUTO Reboot - Next load BL.tar in BL, AP.tar in AP, Stock CP in CP and Stock HOMECSC in CSC

3 - Click start to flash the files - when completed, keeping phone connected to PC, press and hold power and volume down and as soon as the screen turns off, press and hold vol up and power UNTIL in TWRP

4 - Head to the TWRP mount menu disable MTP

5 - ONLY IF YOU DONT HAVE A MAGISK.ZIP ON INTERNAL STORAGE copy app-debug.zip to your adb folder and then open a command window and first confirm adb is working by typing adb devices you should see your device listed and "recovery" next to the device in command window - this means adb is working - type adb push app-debug.zip /sdcard this should send the app-debug.zip to internal storage (or sdcard if you prefer)

6 - go to the TWRP flash menu and you should see the app-debug.zip, flash it to root your A12 device - this needs to be done everytime TWRP is flashed in Odin it seems

7 - reboot to system from TWRP power menu

You will boot rooted, updated and with intact data if all the steps above are followed correctly

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROCESS IF COMING FROM STOCK A12

1 - Unzip the 4 odin files from the zip provided in the link above & connect phone to PC (please ensure dev settings are enabled and that you have unlocked bootloader and checked "Oem unlock" is faded out under dev settings)

2 - load ODIN on PC and disable AUTO Reboot - Next load BL.tar in BL, AP.tar in AP, Stock CP in CP and Stock HOMECSC in CSC

3 - Click start to flash the files - when completed, keeping phone connected to PC, press and hold power and volume down and as soon as the screen turns off, press and hold vol up and power UNTIL in TWRP

4 - Head to the TWRP wipe menu and format device (type yes and press enter) - then reboot TWRP

5 - when TWRP has rebooted, go to the mounts menu and disable MTP -> this will allow us to send app-debug.zip (magisk) to your sdcard

6 - copy app-debug.zip to your adb folder and then open a command window and first confirm adb is working by typing adb devices you should see your device listed and "recovery" next to the device in command window - this means adb is working

7 - type adb push app-debug.zip /sdcard this should send the app-debug.zip to internal storage (or sdcard if you prefer) - go to the TWRP flash menu and you should see this app-debug.zip, flash it to root your A12 device

8 - as stated previously, i have disabled encryption therefore we just need to boot STRAIGHT to SYSTEM from the TWRP POWER MENU

9 -When phone reboots, set up as normal and you should now see a magisk stub in the app drawer meaning you are rooted :p
    @exocetdj
    I have the same problem with the Gallery, also, when trying to send an image or a video in Telegram I get an error and when using Sync I cant watch videos and images. Maybe it has something to do with storage permission.
    No – this has to do with decrypting /data – I've confirmed this on my setup – you won't be able to get it working after formatting /data in TWRP. BTW you will also not be able to use Dex on your setup like this. That's a gift from Samsung to us.

The only way to overcome this currently is like I have done:

- Follow @exocetdj guide up to and including flashing the Magisk apk in TWRP.
    - From TWRP, reboot to Download mode.
    - In Odin disable autoreboot and flash Stock recovery, you have to make a tar for this from the stock firmware AP, just keep the recovery file in the tar.
    - Reboot to recovery via the key combo in the guide.
    - In stock recovery now, format /data again - this will encrypt it.

Now reboot, you'll set up the system again and you'll have root, sharing will work, Dex will work etc.

However you won't have TWRP. It's possible to flash just the TWRP recovery again after this without formatting /data however without accessible /data it's mostly useless.
    ok no progress on Dex today from my end - seems to be a commonn issue and @abun880007 reported an error message stating that dex wouldn't work due to a modded system

on a side note i have disabled WSM which means watch pairings remain on reboot - this was a fix in my rom already but module dependant meaning that watch pairings would go even if the module was disabled- thanks to @starbucks2010 for the wsm fix as always

ill upload a new firmware tonight with this fix and it has been based on BTB (no difference to MSR firmware as is OXM)
    F926B users - rooted firmware is now here

This time round i have cooked in @Andrei1973 's WSM fix so no need for any modules to keep wearable pairings (cheers as always mate :) )

Rebased to BUL8 firmware and including A7 TWRP from IanMacD

Removed forrceencrypt and have also used df18bcf5 Magisk Alpha build (aka app-debug.zip) attached to this post for flashing in TWRP

Update procedure

1 reboot to download and load Odin

2 Load the Odin files and uncheck "Auto reboot"

3 Reboot straight to TWRP (remember the button combos!)

4 ONLY IF YOU HAVENT GOT MAGISK ON INTERNAL STORAGE - check that MTP is disabled and copy app-debug.zip to adb folder then in CMD window "adb push app-debug.zip /sdcard"

5 - Flash the app-debug.zip and then reboot to system from TWRP power menu

You will boot rooted, updated and with intact data if all the steps above are followed correctly
    Killing the camera after unlocking the bootloader is a stupid and crappy move by Samsung.
    I remember, oh so long ago, when Samsung actually supported us here on XDA, found quite a large number of things done by devs here suddenly appearing on their "next big thing", then they quietly withdrew their support and went over to the dark side of the Apple-verse.