SM-G530T1 Stock Firmware/Kernel

Search This thread

mr.big_gun

Apr 2, 2017
I'm working on attempting to extract from Smart Switch. I recommend you install Twrp custom recovery and make a backup of everything by using its backup option and selecting everything. Save a copy of it on your computer once your done.

To install Twrp
Go to play store and install the official Twrp app. (Look up Twrp in play store)
Don't install Twrp manager, install the official app.
Open app and hit flash or install. In its search box, type gprimeltetmo and hit the option that comes up. It will take you to the download page. Download the .img file.
Go back to app, hit flash, and select the file that you downloaded. After it's done flashing turn off device and boot into recovery by holding power + home + volume up. Once it displays Twrp logo release buttons. Backup everything and reboot by going into main menu, reboot, system. Just say no if it asks to install supersu, root, or the Twrp app.

Ps. Don't install updates unless you return to stock. Btw. This 8th grader saved your phone

I used to be wayyy better with linux when I was your age, I am afraid time has gotten the best of me. Being that I cant get away from work and I have kids. I am starting to lose my grip on modern tech more and more everyday.
I must ask, how would I go about unrooting in my current situation or reinitializing with Smart Switch after being rooted the way you suggested, It appears that " 'Galaxy Grand Prime' does not support initializing" now? teach me young padawon lol

Flames97

Feb 26, 2017
I used to be wayyy better with linux when I was your age, I am afraid time has gotten the best of me. Being that I cant get away from work and I have kids. I am starting to lose my grip on modern tech more and more everyday.
I must ask, how would I go about unrooting in my current situation or reinitializing with Smart Switch after being rooted the way you suggested, It appears that " 'Galaxy Grand Prime' does not support initializing" now? teach me young padawon lol

I'm pretty sure it still does considering I initialized an s4 the other day. It might not want to because the device is rooted. For a full clean restore (complete wipe) I would make sure you right down your serial number (located under settings, about, status) and model number which is SM-G530T1. Then you would go into download mode, connect device, go to more, initialization and enter the model and serial numbers and will start downloading latest firmware. This removes custom recoveries, mods, root, supersu, etc. and returns to 100% stock

For a simple unroot go into the supersu app and scroll right into settings. Underneath it should be an unroot option. Select it and it should remove itself.
(I recommend having Twrp custom recovery for this just in case you wanna reroot)
Do you have Twrp?
Anyway to reroot download the latest supersu zip ( google it). Then go into Twrp by powering off device and then holding power, volume up, and home until you see the Twrp screen. Hit install, navigate to the downloaded file, select it, and swipe to install. Hit reboot, system. Your done after that.

mr.big_gun

Apr 2, 2017
I'm pretty sure it still does considering I initialized an s4 the other day. It might not want to because the device is rooted. For a full clean restore (complete wipe) I would make sure you right down your serial number (located under settings, about, status) and model number which is SM-G530T1. Then you would go into download mode, connect device, go to more, initialization and enter the model and serial numbers and will start downloading latest firmware. This removes custom recoveries, mods, root, supersu, etc. and returns to 100% stock

For a simple unroot go into the supersu app and scroll right into settings. Underneath it should be an unroot option. Select it and it should remove itself.
(I recommend having Twrp custom recovery for this just in case you wanna reroot)
Do you have Twrp?
Anyway to reroot download the latest supersu zip ( google it). Then go into Twrp by powering off device and then holding power, volume up, and home until you see the Twrp screen. Hit install, navigate to the downloaded file, select it, and swipe to install. Hit reboot, system. Your done after that.

Cool beans dude, I believe you have provided me with enough information to do everything I need to do and more. I will take your advise on Twrp and I want to thank you again for your time and effort. Sincerely, Thanks a million.

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
palmarchive.com

Do you have Twrp?
Just saying... Smart Switch (or Kids) won't work on the T1... Tried it back in the days that I need to go back to stock.

There's a link in the second post on this thread for a stock G530T which can be flashed on the T1

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using XDA Labs

mr.big_gun

Apr 2, 2017
Just saying... Smart Switch (or Kids) won't work on the T1... Tried it back in the days that I need to go back to stock.

There's a link in the second post on this thread for a stock G530T which can be flashed on the T1

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using XDA Labs

I was able to get it to work just fine.. dunno why you couldn't before.
^ i found the reason it wouldn't initialize was because my internet was down for an few mins and i didnt know at the time. lol i had a dummy moment xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frp lock metropcs solution

This what worked for me. Try this at your own risk .

I tried the stock rom listed here through Odin and I was not able to get back into my device because of the
    FRP Lock. FRP Lock Binary Message , would not let any of the roms boot onto my device from Odin and I tried a lot of different solutions. This is the only thing that worked for me .

I downloaded Kies 3.

I installed it .

I put my device into download mode ( I did not connect it yet )

Kies wil tell you that your device is not compatible with the software .

Knowing that Tmobile software would be close enough I decided to give this a try. (Some people have bricked their phones trying to run t-mobile software through odin, this is running through kies is different, it worked for me.)

In Kies I then went to where it said Tools,

I selected the option that says "Firmware Upgrade and Initialization.

Its going to ask you for the model number and the serial number.

I won't go into details of how I got it but use the MN: SM-G530T - Serial Number: R28GA0EJ6FZ
    Its a public serial number

Then from there it ask you to hook up your device,

Once you hook up your device you can continue with the install.

Make sure that you are taking the battery all the way out before putting the device in download mode. In my opinion this may be the best way to make sure it works.

Please let me know if this works for anyone. Thank all of you that helped me and gave me advice to get my phone restored . I hope that this helps everyone who has this issue.

One things for sure . This will make me never want to buy a metro device again especially if there devices aren't supported by samsung.

I'll try my best to answer any questions anyone might have. I'm really hoping that this will help all who have that nasty FRP LOCK
    ISSUE
    Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the stock firmware for the SM-G530T1? I've looked and have not been able to find it.

EDIT: Good News!!
    For anyone coming here to search for a unbrick method and you don't want to read the full thread, here you go!
    [ODIN] 5.1.1 SM-G530T/SM-G530T1 T-Mobile/MetroPCS firmware

This is only the stock recovery. This can be used in order to stay let creating a true custom recovery.
    Thanks for this.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

You were right i put it on static and put in the extra settings information and it worked im connected to wifi :D

So.... everything works on the new system tar correct?
    When do u think that would be?

Possibly within the next week; But this is dependent upon samsung getting it back to me within the week. It could be the week of Christmas. I am hoping I can get these images done so we have stock images so if this happens again we will be able to reflash them ourselves.

At about 9:30 EST I checked the tracking for my phone and it shows that it's only 30 minutes from the repair center. It being back by the end of this week would be awesome. Since it is traveling to Plano from the east coast it's doing good since I'd dropped it off on Friday and it made it there this quick. I hope samsung will be quick so I can research a tad bit more and make custom roms... I do not think it would be that hard. I've tinkered in linux some and cygwin a tad bit more so... Cross your fingers and happy holiday guys.. Hope Santa is good this year and brings it home early.
    @Newyork! has reached out for as a request that I look at the situation.
    I do not have this device but I believe I can help you guys get to where you need and can also help those that are willing to learn

Rooting your device doesn't actually root the kernel itself.

The only reason for flashing a different kernel is to leverage different vulnerabilities that may be present in the kernel.

If somebody has a fully working device that is rooted I can have them extract everything for me and we can figure out a fix for the wifi and camera issues.
    It seems like you guys are well on your way to having this beat.

These issues are exactly the issues we all see when a device first comes out.
    But you guys need a true recovery built for your device instead of one that kind of works as it appears.

Somebody will need to pick up that development by researching your partitions and building a recovery specific to the mount points in your device.

but a working system is necessary to fix the bugs. so does anybody have a working stock rooted system? regardless of recovery. that is not necessary for what i need right now.

Need someone with fully working stock rooted system that is able to follow instruction and comfortable with terminal with some available space on their device (also must be able to upload large files)

Hey man, I will help. I am getting a stock on Monday through metro. Just pm me and let's get this rolling... I pickup pretty quick and can find programs that maybe needed or what have you. I already have android sdk, odin, keis, smart switch, and cygwin as well as a vm running the latest stable Debian and a server running debian, though a bit older. I'm a pc expert and am good at most things. I've flashed routers and wiis, as well as taking things apart and fixing them. So, please, hit me up man. I want to ensure I can revive my phone whenever. And others having that same "reset switch" would be nice too.

* I just found here on xda a link to the 350T source code. tmobile galaxy grand prime 5.1.1
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone