SM-G530T1 Stock Firmware/Kernel

Search This thread

Yu-san

Oct 30, 2015
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the stock firmware for the SM-G530T1? I've looked and have not been able to find it.

Edit: It would be possible to get the firmware using the IMEI number in SmartSwitch. Unfortunately I and another are unable to access our IMEI number from the settings in the phone since our phones are bricked. We'll need someone else with the phone to take care of that. It would be tremendously appreciated!

Last edited:

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Last edited:

silentgumm

Dec 6, 2010
same boat

the imei serves as the serial number i believe but smartswitch wont have any of it lol. ill play the waiting game for some stock firmware now. trying to flash g530t firmware bricked the device.

Reactions: Yu-san

Yu-san

Oct 30, 2015
the imei serves as the serial number i believe but smartswitch wont have any of it lol. ill play the waiting game for some stock firmware now. trying to flash g530t firmware bricked the device.
Same here. A silly mistake XD

@Yu_San @silentgumm
If we have a working SM-G530T1 we can get the IMEI from the phone and then use the Smartswitch to get the firmware....

I wish mine did work. Hopefully someone who has a working one will come along and provide their IMEI so we can get the firmware.

Last edited:

Eker05

Nov 5, 2015
Google settings- imei #

I looked up how to get your imei # without going into your phone & it says that all you have to do to get it is to go to google settings & go into your android devices and itll pop up all the android devices that are connected to your gmail & there should be a list & the imei #s should be there too.

Yu-san

Oct 30, 2015
Still didn't find anything...
I can go to a Samsung service center to reflash it, but i would like to have the firmware...

Same here.

I looked up how to get your imei # without going into your phone & it says that all you have to do to get it is to go to google settings & go into your android devices and itll pop up all the android devices that are connected to your gmail & there should be a list & the imei #s should be there too.

I'll see if that works. Thank you for the info. :)

Edit: Okay, I've got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I found my IMEI number using the method described by Eker. Also, the IMEI number is on the sticker behind the battery but it doesn't say it's the IMEI number, so now we know that. It's the number above the long bar code with the slashes in it.

The bad news is that SmartSwitch says the device is unsupported and when picking "Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization" from the "MORE" menu at the top, nothing appears in the first tab and in the second tab, entering the phone model (SM-G530T1) brings up a new box asking for a serial number. I entered the IMEI number (with and without the slashes) but it says the serial number entered is not corrected. Same thing using Samsung Kies 2 & 3.

I don't know what to do :(

Last edited:

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Same here.

I'll see if that works. Thank you for the info. :)

Edit: Okay, I've got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I found my IMEI number using the method described by Eker. Also, the IMEI number is on the sticker behind the battery but it doesn't say it's the IMEI number, so now we know that. It's the number above the long bar code with the slashes in it.

The bad news is that SmartSwitch says the device is unsupported and when picking "Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization" from the "MORE" menu at the top, nothing appears in the first tab and in the second tab, entering the phone model (SM-G530T1) brings up a new box asking for a serial number. I entered the IMEI number (with and without the slashes) but it says the serial number entered is not corrected. Same thing using Samsung Kies 2 & 3.

I don't know what to do :(
Same here... when i spoke to the customer service they took me serial number and said i can go into any service center and they'll do it for free....

Yu-san

Oct 30, 2015
Same here... when i spoke to the customer service they took me serial number and said i can go into any service center and they'll do it for free....

Damn, that sucks. I mean, that's not totally bad. It would just be better to get the firmware and do it ourselves. That way we can post the firmware here and other people who can't or don't want to go in to a service center can do it themselves. Hmmm...

Reactions: PalmCentro

Yu-san

Oct 30, 2015
Just chatted with someone from Samsung and they said the firmware will not be available online. I'm not sure if they ever officially provide firmware to begin with though, so that may or may not be news. I guess the only way to get it is if someone else unofficially provides it...

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Just chatted with someone from Samsung and they said the firmware will not be available online. I'm not sure if they ever officially provide firmware to begin with though, so that may or may not be news. I guess the only way to get it is if someone else unofficially provides it...

They never release it officially... it's usually extracted from kies or smart switch...

Yu-san

Oct 30, 2015
They never release it officially... it's usually extracted from kies or smart switch...

Ah, okay. I didn't know that XD I never really thought about it. Knowing that now, I wonder how we're going to get it. I mean, if Kies or Smart Switch won't recognize the SM-G530T1... how will someone be able to get the firmware? Unless they update either one or both of them to be able to recognize our device. I guess that's the only way... Interesting. I guess we'll have to play the waiting game.

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Ah, okay. I didn't know that XD I never really thought about it. Knowing that now, I wonder how we're going to get it. I mean, if Kies or Smart Switch won't recognize the SM-G530T1... how will someone be able to get the firmware? Unless they update either one or both of them to be able to recognize our device. I guess that's the only way... Interesting. I guess we'll have to play the waiting game.

I guess there's other methods too...

atinder

Jan 8, 2010
SM-G530T1

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the stock firmware for the SM-G530T1? I've looked and have not been able to find it.

Edit: It would be possible to get the firmware using the IMEI number in SmartSwitch. Unfortunately I and another are unable to access our IMEI number from the settings in the phone since our phones are bricked. We'll need someone else with the phone to take care of that. It would be tremendously appreciated!

Even with serial number it wont be possible, smart switch just closes with serial number. Looks like samsung doesn't support smart switch recovery for this device.

s/n : R58GA0KRSFF

Let me know if it works on your side

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frp lock metropcs solution

This what worked for me. Try this at your own risk .

I tried the stock rom listed here through Odin and I was not able to get back into my device because of the
    FRP Lock. FRP Lock Binary Message , would not let any of the roms boot onto my device from Odin and I tried a lot of different solutions. This is the only thing that worked for me .

I downloaded Kies 3.

I installed it .

I put my device into download mode ( I did not connect it yet )

Kies wil tell you that your device is not compatible with the software .

Knowing that Tmobile software would be close enough I decided to give this a try. (Some people have bricked their phones trying to run t-mobile software through odin, this is running through kies is different, it worked for me.)

In Kies I then went to where it said Tools,

I selected the option that says "Firmware Upgrade and Initialization.

Its going to ask you for the model number and the serial number.

I won't go into details of how I got it but use the MN: SM-G530T - Serial Number: R28GA0EJ6FZ
    Its a public serial number

Then from there it ask you to hook up your device,

Once you hook up your device you can continue with the install.

Make sure that you are taking the battery all the way out before putting the device in download mode. In my opinion this may be the best way to make sure it works.

Please let me know if this works for anyone. Thank all of you that helped me and gave me advice to get my phone restored . I hope that this helps everyone who has this issue.

One things for sure . This will make me never want to buy a metro device again especially if there devices aren't supported by samsung.

I'll try my best to answer any questions anyone might have. I'm really hoping that this will help all who have that nasty FRP LOCK
    ISSUE
    Hi,

EDIT: Good News!!
    For anyone coming here to search for a unbrick method and you don't want to read the full thread, here you go!
    [ODIN] 5.1.1 SM-G530T/SM-G530T1 T-Mobile/MetroPCS firmware

This is only the stock recovery. This can be used in order to stay let creating a true custom recovery.
    Thanks for this.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

You were right i put it on static and put in the extra settings information and it worked im connected to wifi :D

So.... everything works on the new system tar correct?
    When do u think that would be?

Possibly within the next week; But this is dependent upon samsung getting it back to me within the week. It could be the week of Christmas. I am hoping I can get these images done so we have stock images so if this happens again we will be able to reflash them ourselves.

At about 9:30 EST I checked the tracking for my phone and it shows that it's only 30 minutes from the repair center. It being back by the end of this week would be awesome. Since it is traveling to Plano from the east coast it's doing good since I'd dropped it off on Friday and it made it there this quick. I hope samsung will be quick so I can research a tad bit more and make custom roms... I do not think it would be that hard. I've tinkered in linux some and cygwin a tad bit more so... Cross your fingers and happy holiday guys.. Hope Santa is good this year and brings it home early.
    @Newyork! has reached out for as a request that I look at the situation.
    I do not have this device but I believe I can help you guys get to where you need and can also help those that are willing to learn

Rooting your device doesn't actually root the kernel itself.

The only reason for flashing a different kernel is to leverage different vulnerabilities that may be present in the kernel.

If somebody has a fully working device that is rooted I can have them extract everything for me and we can figure out a fix for the wifi and camera issues.
    It seems like you guys are well on your way to having this beat.

These issues are exactly the issues we all see when a device first comes out.
    But you guys need a true recovery built for your device instead of one that kind of works as it appears.

Somebody will need to pick up that development by researching your partitions and building a recovery specific to the mount points in your device.

but a working system is necessary to fix the bugs. so does anybody have a working stock rooted system? regardless of recovery. that is not necessary for what i need right now.

Need someone with fully working stock rooted system that is able to follow instruction and comfortable with terminal with some available space on their device (also must be able to upload large files)

Hey man, I will help. I am getting a stock on Monday through metro. Just pm me and let's get this rolling... I pickup pretty quick and can find programs that maybe needed or what have you. I already have android sdk, odin, keis, smart switch, and cygwin as well as a vm running the latest stable Debian and a server running debian, though a bit older. I'm a pc expert and am good at most things. I've flashed routers and wiis, as well as taking things apart and fixing them. So, please, hit me up man. I want to ensure I can revive my phone whenever. And others having that same "reset switch" would be nice too.

* I just found here on xda a link to the 350T source code. tmobile galaxy grand prime 5.1.1