• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SM-G925P Firmware now available!

Search This thread

Bricking1

Apr 27, 2015
Traverse City
Should Have Gotten the S6

Thanks a lot for your help, didn't really work for me but I think I'll just be moving on from this to the regular s6. Auto rotate problems for me again!!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Looking back I sorta wish I would have gotten the regular S6 as well. I love my Edge but the developers always move slowly to write custom ROMs and recoveries for these specialty phones. Good luck with your new S6.

Alpine-

Aug 7, 2007
Looking back I sorta wish I would have gotten the regular S6 as well. I love my Edge but the developers always move slowly to write custom ROMs and recoveries for these specialty phones. Good luck with your new S6.

I disagree, the Edge is THE FLAGSHIP model of the s6 series. Why would it get less attention? If Im a dev, I buy the best s6, the flagship model, and dev for it. Plus as I understand the software is basically very similar and so I dont see how it cant be ported with minor tweaks.

I just dont get why you think most devs will lead toward a regular S6? Why would they not want the flagship Samsung phone too? Why would its dev not catch fire here in a while once more people purchase it? Price?

Reactions: Bricking1

Bricking1

Apr 27, 2015
Traverse City
MY BAD

I disagree, the Edge is THE FLAGSHIP model of the s6 series. Why would it get less attention? If Im a dev, I buy the best s6, the flagship model, and dev for it. Plus as I understand the software is basically very similar and so I dont see how it cant be ported with minor tweaks.

I just dont get why you think most devs will lead toward a regular S6? Why would they not want the flagship Samsung phone too? Why would its dev not catch fire here in a while once more people purchase it? Price?

You are correct. My bad. I was just being negative because at the time there was not a working TWRP Recovery for my S6 Edge. NOW however I am happy as hell with my Edge. I found the link for a working version of TWRP Recovery this morning. The menus were all Chinese. So I just themed it and converted it to English. The Edge is awesome and I love it!

Reactions: SantinoInc

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
This is the closest thing to a stock flashable room right? My WiFi Calling is DOA and I don't see anyway to fix it other than flashing a stock rom or this firmware

Bricking1

Apr 27, 2015
Traverse City
S6 Edge Stock firmware

This is the closest thing to a stock flashable room right? My WiFi Calling is DOA and I don't see anyway to fix it other than flashing a stock rom or this firmware

The stock firmware I downloaded is named:
Stock_Firmware_G925PVPU1AOCF_G925PSPT1AOCF_G925PVPU1AOCF_HOME.tar

Another user flashed it and said it is flawless.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Here is the stock firmware download link:
http://www.androidrootz.com/p/galaxy-s6-edge-stock-firmware.html

SMaCKeD

May 10, 2015
Sprint S6 Edge stock firmware is available for download....To the Devs, what is involved in just modifying this stock ROM for debloating the Samsung garbage and enabling hotspot? Simple is the best, I'm just getting anxious to be able to finally use this S6 Edge and get out of my Note 4.

Grassy ass.

Bricking1

Apr 27, 2015
Traverse City
As of today do you prefer the ROM from lbxmobbin or the ROM from Ram9200? I'm just looking for an honest opinion from a seasoned veteran.
I know both ROMs are awesome! I just want your opinion based on the "little things" you personally like/dislike about each ROM. Any reply will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

sunilj75

Jul 29, 2010
Need OC9 recovery / kernel / modem or full firmware backup

Can some one please help by providing OC9 recovery / kernel / modem or full firm ware backup.

I will be very thankful.

Top Liked Posts