• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SM-G925P Firmware now available!

Search This thread

strommobile

Jul 5, 2015
It's not available yet but you can manually get the update by going in settings and taking the software update. If you want to root, it's not available yet either

Thanks for the information. My phone is in the soft brick mode. I plugged it into the Smart Switch and Kies and it does not recognized it. I tired to update using the 5.0.2 firmware but get the cannot downgrade software error. I will have to wait until it is available. Do you know how long it normally takes?

Soooperstar

Dec 14, 2013
Charlotte
Thanks for the information. My phone is in the soft brick mode. I plugged it into the Smart Switch and Kies and it does not recognized it. I tired to update using the 5.0.2 firmware but get the cannot downgrade software error. I will have to wait until it is available. Do you know how long it normally takes?

About a month but I hear that you can use the tmobile stock recovery to unbrick. What did you do? Try another recovery?

Reactions: strommobile

S6EdgE2

Jul 6, 2015
Niles
About a month but I hear that you can use the tmobile stock recovery to unbrick. What did you do? Try another recovery?

Would the tmobile recovery help me if i installed the S6_unikernel _v2 because i installed it and now the touchscreen isn't working so my phone is pretty much useless until i can get TWRP unless what you said will help me but i don't think it will. Am i wrong? I have the sprint s6 edge with 5.1.1. Waiting on lbxmobbin_1 to finish up to test the TWRP he is working on and hopefully be able to fix my phone. Fingers crossed.

ram9200

Mar 6, 2010
Would the tmobile recovery help me if i installed the S6_unikernel _v2 because i installed it and now the touchscreen isn't working so my phone is pretty much useless until i can get TWRP unless what you said will help me but i don't think it will. Am i wrong? I have the sprint s6 edge with 5.1.1. Waiting on lbxmobbin_1 to finish up to test the TWRP he is working on and hopefully be able to fix my phone. Fingers crossed.
Try the kernel for the regular sprint s6! What do you have to lose? The root kernel

Let us know

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Soooperstar

Dec 14, 2013
Charlotte

Ahhhh man you're pretty much out of luck for now. But like @ram9200 said... Nothing to lose at this point. You can experiment and test some things

S6EdgE2

Jul 6, 2015
Niles
Yeah its booting up normal but once it gets to the lock screen I can't do anything because the touchscreen isn't responding to my touch so I'm not able to do anything. And from what i can see i don't think i have data either.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Does your phone boot? Or its doesn't have data?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Yeah its booting up normal but once it gets to the lock screen I can't do anything because the touchscreen isn't responding to my touch so I'm not able to do anything. And from what i can see i don't think i have data either.

z0code0z

Jun 26, 2015

http://forum.xda-developers.com/spr...t/5-1-1-stock-of7-kernel-root-7-4-15-t3150350

im having the same problem, flash that if you want touchscreen to work for now, there are a couple bugs and it may crash every then and there because its not meant for the edge but thats the best it could get until either the firmware or kernel is released

Reactions: S6EdgE2

lbxmobbin_1

Jul 11, 2010
lawndale

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Can you try booting into safe mode maybe reinstall software if it can connect to PC ? I forgto what software program we use but you get the picture lol

S6EdgE2

Jul 6, 2015
Niles

strommobile

Jul 5, 2015

I tried to root the new Android 5.1.1. I tried the -Mobile recovery and it took, but when I tried to load the T-Mobile firmware it rejected it. So now it just shows the Samsung logo and when I use Odin3 it says it is trying to write the firmware but then it fails after a second or two.

my_name_is...

Jan 11, 2014
Hey guys,

new to rooting here haha so don't kill me. I rooted with a method on highonandroid.com and everything went well.. I think. Except the usb drivers. Something to do with it wouldn't let me install because it was blocked by publisher. After tons of researching on that, I got another usb driver to actually work and install. I got it from Unlockr.com. The thing is, I got the green PASS on Odin when I did it the first time and I had the previous usb driver downloaded but not installed. I actually downloaded and got the 2nd driver to install. Is that going to do anything bad? I guess I should say that I am trying to unroot because I have no internet connection. I tried downloading Orwall, Orbot, and Orweb to use tor on my phone. After downloading Orwall, I have absolutely no internet connection and it is not my router. I just want to get this fixed man. So I am trying to unroot and then root it again.

Any help would be awesome.

Top Liked Posts