SM-G930U/G935U Nougat official statement

Search This thread

whbisondtr

Jun 20, 2012
Thanks!! I'll be doing that tonight.

I will definitely nag Samsung on twitter. Use hashtags like #dontbuy #nosupport #nocustomerservice #android #fragmented #nonougat
Just make sure it's an US version of firmware. International will brick your phone.

No problem and have fun lol.

I don't use Twitter but I've been leaving messages on their Facebook page and I have yet to get an answer. I guess us cellular just got nougat today..ugh

wvargas

Dec 23, 2007
Nougat for the sm-g935u is finally here!!!

Guys, IT'S FINALLY HERE.

If you haven't done so, GO NOW and install Samsung's Smart Switch software on both your Galaxy S7 Edge and your Windows or Mac to reach nirvana and be treated to the sweet sight of this update notice announcing Nougat for your SM-G935U!!

See image here: imgur[dot]com/a/HZqxj

Full list:
Notices and update details
· OS upgrade - Android 7.0 Nougat
· Provides new UX and various performance modes
· Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
· Improved usability of the Multi window
· Improved setting menu and AOD feature, addition of the Samsung pass feature
· Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
※ If you are using Gear IconX, please make sure to update to the latest version before upgrading to the Nougat OS.
※ Some apps that haven't been optimised for Android Nougat might not work properly after the upgrade. In this case, upgrade the app to the latest version via Galaxy Apps or Play Store.
※ The functionality of some features may differ after the upgrade. Some apps may not function normally.
※ Errors during the upgrade may cause data loss. Back up any important data before upgrading.

cadcamaro

Jun 14, 2013
Irvine, CA
My download from updato keeps failing. Does anyone else who downloaded it have it on a different host? I'm trying to get the Verizon one but I'm sure they're all the same.

webzo

Jul 25, 2016
I see versions of 930U for various carriers (on sammobile). What does that mean? I thought the 'U' meant non-carrier specific.

That said, I have an unlocked ATT branded phone running 930A (Nougat) and I want to replace it with the just released 930U Nougat software. Any pointers, please?

gunz.jones

Nov 6, 2010
Athens, TX
I see versions of 930U for various carriers (on sammobile). What does that mean? I thought the 'U' meant non-carrier specific.

That said, I have an unlocked ATT branded phone running 930A (Nougat) and I want to replace it with the just released 930U Nougat software. Any pointers, please?
See if it'll let you flash over using Odin and homecsc so that you keep all your data. Otherwise, back everything up, factory reset and then flash over clean.

Reactions: webzo

webzo

Jul 25, 2016
See if it'll let you flash over using Odin and homecsc so that you keep all your data. Otherwise, back everything up, factory reset and then flash over clean.

Thanks for the response.

I don't particularly care about the data because I just received the phone and it is not in use yet. So, nothing to preserve (in fact I want everything cleaned out so that the previous owner's stuff is all gone).

I was trying to figure out how to backup....from what I understand TWRP doesn't work on the US versions due to bootloader lock. So, what are my options to backup the system, just in case something gets messed via odin?

Also, when you say "flash over clean", you mean using odin and the AP, BL, CP and CSC files, right?

Thanks.

gunz.jones

Nov 6, 2010
Athens, TX
Thanks for the response.

I don't particularly care about the data because I just received the phone and it is not in use yet. So, nothing to preserve (in fact I want everything cleaned out so that the previous owner's stuff is all gone).

I was trying to figure out how to backup....from what I understand TWRP doesn't work on the US versions due to bootloader lock. So, what are my options to backup the system, just in case something gets messed via odin?

Also, when you say "flash over clean", you mean using odin and the AP, BL, CP and CSC files, right?

Thanks.
You really don't need to backup the system if you plan on wiping anyway. Just get the Odin files for the u and a. Flash back a if u causes problems. Odin will not cause any issues 99.9 percent of the time.

Reactions: webzo

Top Liked Posts