SM-G955FD with SM-G955F ROM?

Search This thread

Wiz

Nov 13, 2003
Amsterdam
www.t-systems.com
I received a dual sim S8+ model SM-G955FD (CSC XXV) that somehow was flashed with an Italian (CSC-ITV) SM-G955F single-sim ROM ..

It works fine, even dual-sim functionality, so on itself no real issue. Even a recent OTA update went fine and did not break anything.

But I would like to flash it back to the original SM-G955FD rom for XXV. I have downloaded the proper file and flashed everything via Odin (AP, BL, CSC, CP) but somehow it now has become a SM-G955F (CSC-PHN) ..

Am getting a bit confused now .. How do I get the sodded thing back to its original CSC with Odin? The S8+ is not rooted, and Knox is not tripped.

Any help would be welcome :)

Last edited:

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
I received a dual sim S8+ model SM-G955FD (CSC XXV) that somehow was flashed with an Italian (CSC-ITV) SM-G955F single-sim ROM ..

It works fine, even dual-sim functionality, so on itself no real issue. Even a recent OTA update went fine and did not break anything.

But I would like to flash it back to the original SM-G955FD rom for XXV. I have downloaded the proper file and flashed everything via Odin (AP, BL, CSC, CP) but somehow it now has become a SM-G955F (CSC-PHN) ..

Am getting a bit confused now .. How do I get the sodded thing back to its original CSC with Odin? The S8+ is not rooted, and Knox is not tripped.

I'll try to explain in a simple way...

That your CSC now is PHN is CORRECT!

Since introduction of the Note 7, Samsung is using for most European countries (and some other countries) the Multi-CSC OXM.

In The Multi-CSC OXM, these CSC's are included:

ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR GLB ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SKZ SLK SMA STH THL THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR WTL XEF XEH XEO XEU XFA XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO

As you can see, PHN & XXV (original CSC of your device) are BOTH included in the Multi-CSC OXM

Because you flashed the firmware with CSC_OXM (NOT HOME_CSC_OXM) your device was resetted. The initial set-up sees, that your SIM-card is NOT from Vietnam (XXV) so it'll use the best CSC for your SIM-card, in this case PHN.
When you have a look at the "Softwaregegevens"-screen, scroll down to "Software serviceprovider" you probably see "PHN/PHN/XXV" which is CORRECT! (The last XXV can't be changed, because this is the product-code of your device).

Because your device is using the "correct" CSC-file now (PHN), probably VoLTE & VoWiFi (when available) will work now too, as well as "NL Alert"...
You'll also (probably) receive automatically OTA-updates...

I hope, this made it some clear to you...

PS: the SM-G955FD will be released in The Netherlands too ;)

PS2: the ROM's for the SM-G955F & SM-G955FD models are the same ;)

Reactions: a.fontenele

Wiz

Nov 13, 2003
Amsterdam
www.t-systems.com
Thanks for the clarification ... There is however one strange thing that remains unexplained. Phone Info identifies my phone as a SM-G955F, not a SM-G955FD ... is that perhaps because Phone Info is not able to correctly read out the phone details?

Reppy07

May 29, 2013
I hope I'm allowed to piggy back this thread for a quick question relating to this.

I have the XXV dual Sim. And VMC is the CSC I need to use. I had to install it via twrp and works great.

But how do I figure out which one to flash from Odin? I'd like to see which one it'll pick closest relating to my Sim card. XAC is the Canadian but it's not included in the multi.

Can you help clarify this for me? I'm starting to understand this.

farazg

May 28, 2007
Similar question for me. Is there a way to install Canadian (Fido) CSC on an unrooted stock SMG955FD. Knox is important to me but so is wifi calling.

Help please.

thanks.

spartakus

Feb 13, 2005

I´ve a SM-G955FD DUALSIM with:
Model SM-G955FD
Model name Galaxy S8+
Country Taiwan (BRI)
Version Android 7.0
Product code BRI
PDA G955FXXU1AQJ1
CSC G955FOXM1AQJ1

When I look at the "Softwaregegevens"-screen, at "Software serviceprovider" i see "BRI/TPH/BRI"

Can i flash this one ? :
Model SM-G955F
Model name Galaxy S8+
Country PORTUGAL(TPH)
Version Android 7.0
Product code TPH
PDA G955FXXU1AQH3
CSC G955FOXM1AQH3

It'll change "Software serviceprovider" to "TPH/TPH/TPH"?

THANKS

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That your CSC now is PHN is CORRECT!

Since introduction of the Note 7, Samsung is using for most European countries (and some other countries) the Multi-CSC OXM.

In The Multi-CSC OXM, these CSC's are included:

ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR GLB ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SKZ SLK SMA STH THL THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR WTL XEF XEH XEO XEU XFA XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO

As you can see, PHN & XXV (original CSC of your device) are BOTH included in the Multi-CSC OXM

Because you flashed the firmware with CSC_OXM (NOT HOME_CSC_OXM) your device was resetted. The initial set-up sees, that your SIM-card is NOT from Vietnam (XXV) so it'll use the best CSC for your SIM-card, in this case PHN.
    When you have a look at the "Softwaregegevens"-screen, scroll down to "Software serviceprovider" you probably see "PHN/PHN/XXV" which is CORRECT! (The last XXV can't be changed, because this is the product-code of your device).

Because your device is using the "correct" CSC-file now (PHN), probably VoLTE & VoWiFi (when available) will work now too, as well as "NL Alert"...
    You'll also (probably) receive automatically OTA-updates...

I hope, this made it some clear to you...

PS: the SM-G955FD will be released in The Netherlands too ;)