SM-G975U/U1 - Firmware Downloads (TMB/SPR/VZW/TMK/U1 Unbranded)

Search This thread

Wacky2bakky

Feb 19, 2011
No, he rather charge people. Wait until someone else gets the files.
Yep. Y'all can wait for someone to get em for free, don't bother me. I paid for these files off GSM2File website so I could get them early. Why would I buy them to share with everyone for free? That's money out of my pocket lol

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

No, he rather charge people. Wait until someone else gets the files.

U can always go on the GSM2File website and pay a total of around $7 for all 4 files u need to Odin ASF6 ? Just like I did

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
Reactions: cosine83

johnwayne27

Jan 31, 2015
No one seems to have a straight answer. Im guessing if you flash the 4 files without the home csc that it will take you to asf6 due to it being the same bootloader. Kind of like how firmware.science works no matter what carrier you are on. I am waiting though because I have a Vzw phone and a cricket sim card(sim unlocked)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jbrorad

Jul 7, 2019
Need Help

I have never flashed a phone before so bare with me....

I just bought a Galaxy S10 Plus Snapdragon from somebody and it ended up having AT&T's Firmware... I have service with Verizon and when i put my sim card in it worked, but of course i couldn't send pictures and do a couple other things through the android stock messaging app!... I wanted to flash the U1 on this phone but idk which file is the correct one... i also don't wanna mess anything up... I did try it but i got an error saying Sha256 and it didn't go any further... so i didn't bother going any further... Is there a step by step guide? Please help!!!

todd3835

Feb 13, 2008
No Home_CSC in this Download, Just AP, CP & BL and do not know these are for Verizon or ATT phone. I need to get my ATT back to 2ASF6.

If you just don't flash any CSC, it shouldn't wipe, but may mess up your OTAs in the future. Or you could just wipe.

I have never flashed a phone before so bare with me....

I just bought a Galaxy S10 Plus Snapdragon from somebody and it ended up having AT&T's Firmware... I have service with Verizon and when i put my sim card in it worked, but of course i couldn't send pictures and do a couple other things through the android stock messaging app!... I wanted to flash the U1 on this phone but idk which file is the correct one... i also don't wanna mess anything up... I did try it but i got an error saying Sha256 and it didn't go any further... so i didn't bother going any further... Is there a step by step guide? Please help!!!

To swap carriers, you need to flash U1, then back to U. I don't know if there's a V2 bootloader for U1 yet. If not and your already on V2, your stuck until it's out.

MarkC609

Oct 10, 2018
I have 2ASF6 on my S10+ but with ATT/ATT/CCT. I now have Verizon service and just want Verizon bootup,bloat, and service provider to switch to VZW/VZW/CCT. I can't just flash VZWDATA?

trannick95

Jul 11, 2019
Hey guys,

I got an SM-G975U with AT&T Unlocked off of eBay that is boot-looping like crazy and I was hoping that properly flashing another firmware on it would help. My carrier is T-Mobile, and inserting my SIM into the phone has worked up until it started boot-looping.

In terms of flashing it, can I just use ODIN directly with the firmware G975USQS2ASF7 from SamMobile? It seems like that's the latest firmware available for T-Mobile. Or do I have to flash the U1 firmware first, and if so, does it matter which one?

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
I have 2ASF6 on my S10+ but with ATT/ATT/CCT. I now have Verizon service and just want Verizon bootup,bloat, and service provider to switch to VZW/VZW/CCT. I can't just flash VZWDATA?
Nope. If the phone isn't doing the switch automatically when you insert your desired SIM, then you need to have U1 firmware in order to do the conversion properly

Hey guys,

I got an SM-G975U with AT&T Unlocked off of eBay that is boot-looping like crazy and I was hoping that properly flashing another firmware on it would help. My carrier is T-Mobile, and inserting my SIM into the phone has worked up until it started boot-looping.

In terms of flashing it, can I just use ODIN directly with the firmware G975USQS2ASF7 from SamMobile? It seems like that's the latest firmware available for T-Mobile. Or do I have to flash the U1 firmware first, and if so, does it matter which one?
If it currently has AT&T firmware, and has not done the firmware conversion automatically via the SIM, then you can't just flash a T-Mobile build and get T-Mobile bloat and features. You need to go to U1 first

Reactions: MarkC609

trannick95

Jul 11, 2019
Nope. If the phone isn't doing the switch automatically when you insert your desired SIM, then you need to have U1 firmware in order to do the conversion properly

If it currently has AT&T firmware, and has not done the firmware conversion automatically via the SIM, then you can't just flash a T-Mobile build and get T-Mobile bloat and features. You need to go to U1 first

Is there a specific version of U1 that I need to flash to first? Or will any U1 version do, and then I can flash to a specific T-Mo firmware that I want?

mystikal87

May 29, 2008
Roseau, Dominica
I'm new to the S10+ scene as I recently got a T-Mob branded. I've flashed the U1 unbranded using the modded Odin, however, I get an error when the phone restarts:
#Reboot Recovery Cause is [[odin]RebootRecoveryAfterOdinDL]#
Support: SINGLE SKU
Block-Based OTA
Supported API: 3
--Resizing data...
Can't open dir '/data/vendor' (Permission denied)
Failed the resizing-data

From there I'm still stuck with T-Mobile branding. What did I do wrong? What can I do?

EDIT: My BL was already on v. 2. Now I gotta wait for U1 to get to v. 2.

Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Senior Moderator / Developer & Moderator Committee
Staff member
Is there a specific version of U1 that I need to flash to first? Or will any U1 version do, and then I can flash to a specific T-Mo firmware that I want?

U1 has not yet caught up to bootloader V2, so I would recommend first flashing a V1 U1, then a slightly older V1 TMO firmware also. This will allow you to make sure the phone works properly, but without being stuck on V2 firmware in the event it does not.

Grab the latest U1 and TMO firmware I have in Post #2. Sorry it's a bit outdated, but that's a good thing in this case. Once you convert to U1 and it works, then flash the TMO firmware and be sure the use the non-Home CSC to wipe the phone. If all still goes well after, you can either take OTAs to get up to the newest release, or flash a newer firmware through Odin.

Reactions: mystikal87

trannick95

Jul 11, 2019
U1 has not yet caught up to bootloader V2, so I would recommend first flashing a V1 U1, then a slightly older V1 TMO firmware also. This will allow you to make sure the phone works properly, but without being stuck on V2 firmware in the event it does not.

Grab the latest U1 and TMO firmware I have in Post #2. Sorry it's a bit outdated, but that's a good thing in this case. Once you convert to U1 and it works, then flash the TMO firmware and be sure the use the non-Home CSC to wipe the phone. If all still goes well after, you can either take OTAs to get up to the newest release, or flash a newer firmware through Odin.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help. I'm having to send my S10+ back in for a replacement with the seller because the boot-loop issue is not going away, but I'll keep this in mind when I receive the new one.

Is there a disadvantage to using Bootloader V2? Or is it simply because it just came out so I would be very restricted in terms of the firmwares I can use?

NotATreoFan

Senior Moderator / Developer & Moderator Committee
Staff member
Awesome! Thanks so much for the help. I'm having to send my S10+ back in for a replacement with the seller because the boot-loop issue is not going away, but I'll keep this in mind when I receive the new one.

Is there a disadvantage to using Bootloader V2? Or is it simply because it just came out so I would be very restricted in terms of the firmwares I can use?
Bootloaders can't be downgraded, so once on V2, you can only flash V2 firmware, which is not out for U1 yet.

Sent from my Nebula Blue OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Pokernoob

Jul 12, 2019
sm-g975f/ds firmware

New to flashing so please forgive me. I bought an unlocked sm-g975f from ebay. How do I flash north American tmobile firmware to get band 71 access and other features I wouldn't get otherwise? Thanks so much for your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downloads:

Tools:

Modified Odin: AFH - credit to @Venom0642
    Samsung USB Drivers: AFH

Firmware:

Starting with Bootloader v2 firmware, the S10+ no longer requires specific firmware for each carrier. You can flash any U build, and the phone will load up appropriate carrier "bloat" based on the SIM card inserted. You can still flash U1 firmware in order to have no carrier bloat.

SM-G975U1 Unlocked Firmware:
    G975U1UES2BSIE - October 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link

SM-G975U Carrier Firmware:
    G975USQS2BSI4 - September 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link
    G975USQS2BSIA - September 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link

Old Firmware:

T-Mobile
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Sprint
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASC8 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD5 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASDA on AFH

Verizon
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Metro by T-Mobile
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Xfinity Mobile
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH

AT&T Firmware
    Available in this thread, by @iBowToAndroid

U1 Unbranded Firmware
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD5 on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD8 on AFH

*NOTE* This firmware is free of all carrier bloat, but will also cause you to lose some features, depending on your carrier.
    TMO - Advanced Messaging and Video Calling
    SPR - Unknown
    ATT - VoLTE, WiFi Calling, Advanced Messaging
    VZW - Unknown - used to be WiFi Calling, but it has been reported to work on the S10+
    Downloads Moved to Post #2
    The Samsung Galaxy S10 series of devices with Snapdragon chipsets are universally compatible with each other's firmware, and can be swapped between Carrier-branded and US unbranded. This thread is for the S10+ and you will find firmware links in the next post.​

Before downloading, please read some important notes:

• You must use a modified version of Odin to flash these firmwares
    • You can update to a newer build of the same carrier firmware and keep your data intact if you use the CSC HOME
    • You must be SIM unlocked if you are trying to use a SIM from a different carrier than you purchased the device from
    • Flashing the U1 Unbranded firmware will remove carrier bloat, but it will NOT affect SIM lock status
    • In order to convert between U and U1 firmware, you MUST factory reset and leave your SIM card in the device after flashing in order for the conversion to be successful
    Beta 5 for U1 boyssss. ZSK9 to ZSKF

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qE0PHADrvK1rWet_T7hKxzhJBUHLAthV/view?usp=drivesdk

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

I must say after flashing the ZSKF build, my phone does seem snappier and I have not came across the annoying black screen after a unlock.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone