SM-G975U/U1 - Firmware Downloads (TMB/SPR/VZW/TMK/U1 Unbranded)

Search This thread

NotATreoFan

Senior Moderator / Developer & Moderator Committee
Staff member
Based on the screen shot I provided what is the bootloader version for my phone?
Look at the build number in your screenshot, and count back 5 places from the end. That is your bootloader version. In order to convert from U (Carrier) to U1 (Non-Carrier), you have to flash firmware that is at least that high.

bbuhas

Nov 20, 2010
I was trying to flash from my original N975USQS5DTKA TO N975U1UES5DTKA but no success because odin kept failing.
I used Odin 3-v3.14.4. Is it recomended specific Odin version?

It is not first phone or first time I am flashing Samsung phones. Could it be because my OEM unlock is not in my settings?

Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Staff member
I was trying to flash from my original N975USQS5DTKA TO N975U1UES5DTKA but no success because odin kept failing.
I used Odin 3-v3.14.4. Is it recomended specific Odin version?

It is not first phone or first time I am flashing Samsung phones. Could it be because my OEM unlock is not in my settings?
Both of the firmware versions are bootloader v5, so I would suggest trying a newer build of ODIN, and a different USB port/cable. OEM lock status does not affect flashing of different signed firmwares.

bbuhas

Nov 20, 2010
Both of the firmware versions are bootloader v5, so I would suggest trying a newer build of ODIN, and a different USB port/cable. OEM lock status does not affect flashing of different signed firmwares.
Thank you very much . This gives more hopes. I actually flashed with the odin from Sammobile. Is there a newer vession of odin other than Odin 3-v3.14.4.?

Posiblly the cable is the thing I should consider. I will get a new one and try one more time.

NotATreoFan

Staff member
Thank you very much . This gives more hopes. I actually flashed with the odin from Sammobile. Is there a newer vession of odin other than Odin 3-v3.14.4.?

Posiblly the cable is the thing I should consider. I will get a new one and try one more time.
I can't comment on a newer version, as I no longer have a Samsung device. Take a look in your device forum, and there should be a working version posted.

You can also uninstall/reinstall the Samsung drivers.

Reactions: bbuhas

bbuhas

Nov 20, 2010
I can't comment on a newer version, as I no longer have a Samsung device. Take a look in your device forum, and there should be a working version posted.

You can also uninstall/reinstall the Samsung drivers.
Thank you very much. Finally, it worked. The issue was the cable, and I believe odin too. For others that might have issues with
odin I am attaching the version that helped me.

Attachments

• Odin3_v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 34

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
I have Branded AT&T Sim Unlocked S10+, can I Flash G975U1UES4ETL1 Android 11 Beta firmware to my Phone and keep VOLTE & Wi-fi Calling??? Do I Flash Home CSC or ATT CSC that is in the file?? Also if I do this will I still get Android 11 Updates? Thanks

BredzProh

Apr 7, 2018
Hello everyone! I made a tutorial regarding flashing the latest updates:

1. Download and extract both Frija and Odin.
2. Launch Frija.
3. Check the "Auto" button. Write your device's Model Number and CSC
(Your model number is at Settings, then About phone).
4. Click on "Check Update".
5. Click on "Download" and choose a folder to save the firmware.
6. After the download is complete, extract the firmware .zip.
7. Launch Odin.
8. Click the "BL" button and select the file that starts with "BL_...".
9. Click the "AP" button and select the file that starts with "AP_...".
10. Click the "CP" button and select the file that starts with "CP_...".
11. Click the "CSC" button and select the file that starts with "HOME_CSC_..." (Selecting CSC_... will wipe your data!).
12. Turn off your phone.
13. Boot into Download Mode by holding both Volume Up + Volume Down buttons and then connecting it to your PC.
14. After booting into Download Mode, press the Volume Up button to continue.
15. Back to Odin, click "Start".
16. The flashing process will be over when "PASS" is shown in Odin and your phone reboots. You may close Odin and disconnect the phone from your PC then.
17. Congrats! You have successfully flashed the latest update to your device.
18. After your phone is on, turn it off again.
19. Boot into Recovery Mode by connecting to your PC and holding Volume Up + Power Button (+ Bixby Button).
20. Navigating with the Volume Buttons and selecting with the Power Button, go to "Wipe cache partition".
21. Select "Yes".
22. Select "Reboot system now".

Links:

Odin 3 by Samsung:

Frija by invmini:

CSCs Cheat Sheet:

I hope it helps you! :)

WokeSociety

Jan 16, 2021
Clearwater
Greetings. I'm a long time Android user, but it's been a decade since the last time I've flashed my phone. My current phone is a stock Sprint S10+ G975U. I'm looking to unlock the phone, and update the firmware and ROM. I have forgotten almost everything since the last time I've done this, and I'm looking for some direct advice on the best processes and images to use. I also know that a lot of this information probably already exists in this forum, but I have a severe lack of time to read all of it. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Greetings. I'm a long time Android user, but it's been a decade since the last time I've flashed my phone. My current phone is a stock Sprint S10+ G975U. I'm looking to unlock the phone, and update the firmware and ROM. I have forgotten almost everything since the last time I've done this, and I'm looking for some direct advice on the best processes and images to use. I also know that a lot of this information probably already exists in this forum, but I have a severe lack of time to read all of it. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?
When you say "unlock", are you referring to a SIM unlock?

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Sorry, I forget the lingo. I believe I mean that I want to root my phone, but I cannot remember how to go about doing that. And then once rooted, I want to install a clean ROM without all of Sprint's bloatware and control.
Rooting can't be done without unlocking the bootloader. And unlocking the bootloader can't be done by the average user. You would need to have it done by a 3rd party professional business - and it's not cheap. I can give a recommendation if you want to go that route.

But if you only want to remove all of Sprint's stuff, you can flash U1 firmware

WokeSociety

Jan 16, 2021
Clearwater
Rooting can't be done without unlocking the bootloader. And unlocking the bootloader can't be done by the average user. You would need to have it done by a 3rd party professional business - and it's not cheap. I can give a recommendation if you want to go that route.

But if you only want to remove all of Sprint's stuff, you can flash U1 firmware

While it's been a decade, I'm pretty sure that I've done it before. It's just been forever. I'm not your average user, but a career IT guy, so I'm very familiar with technology in general. I've definitely rooted and replaced the firmware and ROM on phones in the past. I'm looking for guidance on how to do it again. I want to completely remove all the stock stuff off the phone and replace it with custom stuff.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
While it's been a decade, I'm pretty sure that I've done it before. It's just been forever. I'm not your average user, but a career IT guy, so I'm very familiar with technology in general. I've definitely rooted and replaced the firmware and ROM on phones in the past. I'm looking for guidance on how to do it again. I want to completely remove all the stock stuff off the phone and replace it with custom stuff.
I'm sure you're aware that technology changes quite a bit in the span of even 1 year, let alone 10. If it's been 10 years since you've done any of this, then you're basically starting from scratch because every single thing that you know or remember from before will have changed.

And I'm telling you, unlocking the bootloader (and therefore root) isn't possible unless you have a friend on the inside at Samsung. So 99.9% of XDA users qualify as an "average user" in this sense.

WokeSociety

Jan 16, 2021
Clearwater
I'm sure you're aware that technology changes quite a bit in the span of even 1 year, let alone 10. If it's been 10 years since you've done any of this, then you're basically starting from scratch because every single thing that you know or remember from before will have changed.

And I'm telling you, unlocking the bootloader (and therefore root) isn't possible unless you have a friend on the inside at Samsung. So 99.9% of XDA users qualify as an "average user" in this sense.

I will take your word for it, and since I'm lacking friends at Samsung I guess I'll have to do something different. Without unlocking the bootloader, is it still possible to load a custom ROM on the phone? Or is my only option to to flash the firmware to the U1 version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downloads:

Tools:

Modified Odin: AFH - credit to @Venom0642
    Samsung USB Drivers: AFH

Firmware:

Starting with Bootloader v2 firmware, the S10+ no longer requires specific firmware for each carrier. You can flash any U build, and the phone will load up appropriate carrier "bloat" based on the SIM card inserted. You can still flash U1 firmware in order to have no carrier bloat.

SM-G975U1 Unlocked Firmware:
    G975U1UES2BSIE - October 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link

SM-G975U Carrier Firmware:
    G975USQS2BSI4 - September 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link
    G975USQS2BSIA - September 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link

Old Firmware:

T-Mobile
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Sprint
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASC8 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD5 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASDA on AFH

Verizon
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Metro by T-Mobile
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Xfinity Mobile
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH

AT&T Firmware
    Available in this thread, by @iBowToAndroid

U1 Unbranded Firmware
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD5 on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD8 on AFH

*NOTE* This firmware is free of all carrier bloat, but will also cause you to lose some features, depending on your carrier.
    TMO - Advanced Messaging and Video Calling
    SPR - Unknown
    ATT - VoLTE, WiFi Calling, Advanced Messaging
    VZW - Unknown - used to be WiFi Calling, but it has been reported to work on the S10+
    Downloads Moved to Post #2
    The Samsung Galaxy S10 series of devices with Snapdragon chipsets are universally compatible with each other's firmware, and can be swapped between Carrier-branded and US unbranded. This thread is for the S10+ and you will find firmware links in the next post.​

Before downloading, please read some important notes:

• You must use a modified version of Odin to flash these firmwares
    • You can update to a newer build of the same carrier firmware and keep your data intact if you use the CSC HOME
    • You must be SIM unlocked if you are trying to use a SIM from a different carrier than you purchased the device from
    • Flashing the U1 Unbranded firmware will remove carrier bloat, but it will NOT affect SIM lock status
    • In order to convert between U and U1 firmware, you MUST factory reset and leave your SIM card in the device after flashing in order for the conversion to be successful
    Beta 5 for U1 boyssss. ZSK9 to ZSKF

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qE0PHADrvK1rWet_T7hKxzhJBUHLAthV/view?usp=drivesdk

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

I must say after flashing the ZSKF build, my phone does seem snappier and I have not came across the annoying black screen after a unlock.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone