SM-G975U/U1 - Firmware Downloads (TMB/SPR/VZW/TMK/U1 Unbranded)

Search This thread

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
I will take your word for it, and since I'm lacking friends at Samsung I guess I'll have to do something different. Without unlocking the bootloader, is it still possible to load a custom ROM on the phone? Or is my only option to to flash the firmware to the U1 version?
Without unlocking the bootloader, U1 is your only option. A custom ROM requires an unlocked bootloader, and for this model, that requires professional assistance

WokeSociety

Jan 16, 2021
Clearwater
Without unlocking the bootloader, U1 is your only option. A custom ROM requires an unlocked bootloader, and for this model, that requires professional assistance

If I were to decide to retain a professional to do this, how would I go about it? I'm guessing that I cannot just take the phone to Best Buy and ask them, and last time I did this, it was much simpler. And do you have any inkling how much it would cost to get it done?

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Any reason why i'm seeing that VZW users are getting Android 11 but Frija and all my other sources can't pull it?
Odin files haven't been put on Sammy's servers yet. They may be halting the rollout though - I've seen reports of some 11 updates being yanked due to bugs.

But if you do want to install it, you can pull it using Xfinity's CSC

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

Mar 29, 2011
Odin files haven't been put on Sammy's servers yet. They may be halting the rollout though - I've seen reports of some 11 updates being yanked due to bugs.

Strange that VZW can get the OTA but it's not directly on Samsung's servers. Oh well, "CHA" worked great. Thanks!

MadCabbit

Jan 30, 2010
Any reason why i'm seeing that VZW users are getting Android 11 but Frija and all my other sources can't pull it?
For whatever reason, Xfinity Mobile's Android 11 update is on Samsung's servers (use CCT instead of VZW in Frija). This firmware is pretty close to Verizon, since they use Verizon's network. Not sure if you'd get the right branding, it may keep Verizon's branding/bloat based on your SIM card. Not sure why this is up first before VZW on Samsung's servers, though.

Is this the usual drill with U1's? I got a U1 that i flashed the VZW Beta update zip, but it still uses the XAA CSC. Would flashing the CHA Odin files with the patched Odin work as it should (retain XAA and update successfully)?

EDIT: nvm, there's no Odin files pushes anyway.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downloads:

Tools:

Modified Odin: AFH - credit to @Venom0642
    Samsung USB Drivers: AFH

Firmware:

Starting with Bootloader v2 firmware, the S10+ no longer requires specific firmware for each carrier. You can flash any U build, and the phone will load up appropriate carrier "bloat" based on the SIM card inserted. You can still flash U1 firmware in order to have no carrier bloat.

SM-G975U1 Unlocked Firmware:
    G975U1UES2BSIE - October 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link

SM-G975U Carrier Firmware:
    G975USQS2BSI4 - September 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link
    G975USQS2BSIA - September 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link

Old Firmware:

T-Mobile
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Sprint
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASC8 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD5 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASDA on AFH

Verizon
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Metro by T-Mobile
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Xfinity Mobile
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH

AT&T Firmware
    Available in this thread, by @iBowToAndroid

U1 Unbranded Firmware
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD5 on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD8 on AFH

*NOTE* This firmware is free of all carrier bloat, but will also cause you to lose some features, depending on your carrier.
    TMO - Advanced Messaging and Video Calling
    SPR - Unknown
    ATT - VoLTE, WiFi Calling, Advanced Messaging
    VZW - Unknown - used to be WiFi Calling, but it has been reported to work on the S10+
    Downloads Moved to Post #2
    The Samsung Galaxy S10 series of devices with Snapdragon chipsets are universally compatible with each other's firmware, and can be swapped between Carrier-branded and US unbranded. This thread is for the S10+ and you will find firmware links in the next post.​

Before downloading, please read some important notes:

• You must use a modified version of Odin to flash these firmwares
    • You can update to a newer build of the same carrier firmware and keep your data intact if you use the CSC HOME
    • You must be SIM unlocked if you are trying to use a SIM from a different carrier than you purchased the device from
    • Flashing the U1 Unbranded firmware will remove carrier bloat, but it will NOT affect SIM lock status
    • In order to convert between U and U1 firmware, you MUST factory reset and leave your SIM card in the device after flashing in order for the conversion to be successful
    Beta 5 for U1 boyssss. ZSK9 to ZSKF

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qE0PHADrvK1rWet_T7hKxzhJBUHLAthV/view?usp=drivesdk

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

I must say after flashing the ZSKF build, my phone does seem snappier and I have not came across the annoying black screen after a unlock.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone